We are thinking of four days following Christmas for a little snow walking/light hiking and otherwise hanging out as a family (2 adults, 2 youth, 15 and 20) in the area. I already have cancellable reservations for a family apartment (Family Hotel Tirolerhof) for flexibility. We have quite thoroughly toured Munich and surrounds, and have visited Linderhof, Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. Innsbruck, Salzburg, and Berchtesgaden, as well, have been visited more than once or twice, as well as GAP.
1. What might we expect in terms of weather, generally, at this time of year?
2. Though we are not opposed to revisiting any of the above areas, where else might we consider for day outings/hiking/snowshoeing? We have all of the proper equipment for winter outdoor activities, and will be driving our personal vehicle, so driving somewhere is not an issue.
In advance, thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 2 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 3 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 4 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 5 Where to stay & what to do in Gran Canaria?
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 8 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 9 Germany family road trip help!
- 10 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 11 Santorini lodging
- 12 Barcelona
- 13 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 14 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 15 Prague
- 16 Ischia
- 17 No Periods in British Written English!
- 18 Spain and South of France
- 19 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 20 Overnight at Heathrow
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 France, UK and Ireland
- 23 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 24 Ronda Wine/biking
- 25 Starting my Paris plan for May