We are thinking of four days following Christmas for a little snow walking/light hiking and otherwise hanging out as a family (2 adults, 2 youth, 15 and 20) in the area. I already have cancellable reservations for a family apartment (Family Hotel Tirolerhof) for flexibility. We have quite thoroughly toured Munich and surrounds, and have visited Linderhof, Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. Innsbruck, Salzburg, and Berchtesgaden, as well, have been visited more than once or twice, as well as GAP.
1. What might we expect in terms of weather, generally, at this time of year?
2. Though we are not opposed to revisiting any of the above areas, where else might we consider for day outings/hiking/snowshoeing? We have all of the proper equipment for winter outdoor activities, and will be driving our personal vehicle, so driving somewhere is not an issue.
In advance, thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving from prague to salzburg
- 2 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 3 Acropolis Athens
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 8 Versailles
- 9 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 10 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 11 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 12 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 15 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 16 Meteora for older folk
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 19 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 20 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 21 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 22 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 23 Germany train help!
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??