We are thinking of four days following Christmas for a little snow walking/light hiking and otherwise hanging out as a family (2 adults, 2 youth, 15 and 20) in the area. I already have cancellable reservations for a family apartment (Family Hotel Tirolerhof) for flexibility. We have quite thoroughly toured Munich and surrounds, and have visited Linderhof, Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau. Innsbruck, Salzburg, and Berchtesgaden, as well, have been visited more than once or twice, as well as GAP.
1. What might we expect in terms of weather, generally, at this time of year?
2. Though we are not opposed to revisiting any of the above areas, where else might we consider for day outings/hiking/snowshoeing? We have all of the proper equipment for winter outdoor activities, and will be driving our personal vehicle, so driving somewhere is not an issue.
In advance, thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro
- 2 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 3 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 6 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 7 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 8 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 If you had to choose one......
- 11 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 12 A good book!!
- 13 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 14 CDG airport and connection time
- 15 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 16 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 17 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 18 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 19 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 20 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 21 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 22 getting to CDG
- 23 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 24 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 25 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions