You fodorites were very helpful when my husband and I began far too late to plan September's trip to Scotland. Thanks to your advice, we had the best vacation ever. We want to go back next year, and are going to plan ahead this time. Most likely travel times are May or September. We would like to see a different part of the country from what we have already seen. A few ideas are: 1. The Borders, Burns Country, Islay; 2. Orkney and Shetland Islands; and 3. Whisky Trail, Aberdeen, castles. These are just some ideas. We would love other suggestions. We like food and drink, walking/hiking, wildlife, birding, literature, history, art, architecture, music. The only cities we've visited are Edinburgh, St Andrews, and (briefly) Stirling-all of which were great. The previous trip report ought to give you an idea of our high strike zone: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/scotland-trip-report-part-1.cfm. Recommendations, please.
Return to Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 2 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 3 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 4 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Travel with Teens
- 7 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 8 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 9 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 10 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 11 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 12 Reims for a day
- 13 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 14 I think this is a scam!
- 15 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 16 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 17 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 18 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 19 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 20 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 21 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 22 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 23 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 24 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 25 What are the best places to see in England