You fodorites were very helpful when my husband and I began far too late to plan September's trip to Scotland. Thanks to your advice, we had the best vacation ever. We want to go back next year, and are going to plan ahead this time. Most likely travel times are May or September. We would like to see a different part of the country from what we have already seen. A few ideas are: 1. The Borders, Burns Country, Islay; 2. Orkney and Shetland Islands; and 3. Whisky Trail, Aberdeen, castles. These are just some ideas. We would love other suggestions. We like food and drink, walking/hiking, wildlife, birding, literature, history, art, architecture, music. The only cities we've visited are Edinburgh, St Andrews, and (briefly) Stirling-all of which were great. The previous trip report ought to give you an idea of our high strike zone: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/scotland-trip-report-part-1.cfm. Recommendations, please.
Return to Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 2 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 3 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 4 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 5 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 6 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 9 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 10 Paris November 2014
- 11 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 12 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 13 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 14 Traveling in France by train
- 15 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 16 Arc de Triumph Question
- 17 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 18 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 19 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 22 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 23 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 24 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 25 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?