You fodorites were very helpful when my husband and I began far too late to plan September's trip to Scotland. Thanks to your advice, we had the best vacation ever. We want to go back next year, and are going to plan ahead this time. Most likely travel times are May or September. We would like to see a different part of the country from what we have already seen. A few ideas are: 1. The Borders, Burns Country, Islay; 2. Orkney and Shetland Islands; and 3. Whisky Trail, Aberdeen, castles. These are just some ideas. We would love other suggestions. We like food and drink, walking/hiking, wildlife, birding, literature, history, art, architecture, music. The only cities we've visited are Edinburgh, St Andrews, and (briefly) Stirling-all of which were great. The previous trip report ought to give you an idea of our high strike zone: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/scotland-trip-report-part-1.cfm. Recommendations, please.
Return to Scotland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 2 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 3 first european holiday itinery
- 4 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 5 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 6 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 7 7 days in Andalucia
- 8 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 9 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 10 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Euro Train
- 13 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 14 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 15 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 16 Traveling within Italy
- 17 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 18 London for Christmas
- 19 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 Florence in October
- 22 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 23 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 Going to Puglia, I hope