You fodorites were very helpful when my husband and I began far too late to plan September's trip to Scotland. Thanks to your advice, we had the best vacation ever. We want to go back next year, and are going to plan ahead this time. Most likely travel times are May or September. We would like to see a different part of the country from what we have already seen. A few ideas are: 1. The Borders, Burns Country, Islay; 2. Orkney and Shetland Islands; and 3. Whisky Trail, Aberdeen, castles. These are just some ideas. We would love other suggestions. We like food and drink, walking/hiking, wildlife, birding, literature, history, art, architecture, music. The only cities we've visited are Edinburgh, St Andrews, and (briefly) Stirling-all of which were great. The previous trip report ought to give you an idea of our high strike zone: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/scotland-trip-report-part-1.cfm. Recommendations, please.
Return to Scotland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 2 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 3 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 4 Venice in Jan
- 5 Trip around Spain
- 6 Prague Main Train Station
- 7 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 8 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 9 Berlin
- 10 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 11 Spain Travel
- 12 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 13 Trieste as a day trip?
- 14 Trieste as a day trip?
- 15 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 16 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 17 British drivers
- 18 Southern France
- 19 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 20 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 21 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 24 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 25 Train travel in Europe