You fodorites were very helpful when my husband and I began far too late to plan September's trip to Scotland. Thanks to your advice, we had the best vacation ever. We want to go back next year, and are going to plan ahead this time. Most likely travel times are May or September. We would like to see a different part of the country from what we have already seen. A few ideas are: 1. The Borders, Burns Country, Islay; 2. Orkney and Shetland Islands; and 3. Whisky Trail, Aberdeen, castles. These are just some ideas. We would love other suggestions. We like food and drink, walking/hiking, wildlife, birding, literature, history, art, architecture, music. The only cities we've visited are Edinburgh, St Andrews, and (briefly) Stirling-all of which were great. The previous trip report ought to give you an idea of our high strike zone: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/scotland-trip-report-part-1.cfm. Recommendations, please.
Return to Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 2 7 Nights in Paris
- 3 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 4 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 5 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Normandy and Loire
- 8 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 9 By train to and out of Prague
- 10 Rome Trip Report -- Nov 1-8
- 11 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 12 Trip Report -- Just Back From Spain
- 13 Northern Europe in April-May
- 14 Lake Como transportation questions
- 15 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 16 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 17 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 18 history museums or locations
- 19 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 20 Granada
- 21 caroline_venezia
- 22 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 23 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 24 5 Observations About Paris
- 25 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier