You fodorites were very helpful when my husband and I began far too late to plan September's trip to Scotland. Thanks to your advice, we had the best vacation ever. We want to go back next year, and are going to plan ahead this time. Most likely travel times are May or September. We would like to see a different part of the country from what we have already seen. A few ideas are: 1. The Borders, Burns Country, Islay; 2. Orkney and Shetland Islands; and 3. Whisky Trail, Aberdeen, castles. These are just some ideas. We would love other suggestions. We like food and drink, walking/hiking, wildlife, birding, literature, history, art, architecture, music. The only cities we've visited are Edinburgh, St Andrews, and (briefly) Stirling-all of which were great. The previous trip report ought to give you an idea of our high strike zone: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/scotland-trip-report-part-1.cfm. Recommendations, please.
Return to Scotland
- 1 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 2 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 3 Kids, drugs, and overnight flights...advice??!!
- 4 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 5 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 6 Driving through Europe
- 7 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 8 Getting the best our of Europe
- 9 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 10 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 11 Rubles & A River...Yes, We are in Russia
- 12 7 days in Turkey - itinerary help please!
- 13 Palio Parking
- 14 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 15 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 16 Oxford to Rye
- 17 Alacazar in Sevilla
- 18 restaurants suggestions for verona,venice,florence,and bologna?
- 19 Ideas 1 weeks in Croatia (in and out from Zagreb)
- 20 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 21 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 22 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 23 italy itinerary for comments
- 24 Italy trains: how to prebook, please?
- 25 Extra screening at immigration