Here is a link to my travel journal from a June 2013 trip to Italy.
A solo female traveler, visiting Italy for the third time
June 5-21, 2013
I visited the following on my trip: Venice (4 nights), Bassano del Grappa (day trip), Florence (5 nights), Bologna (day trip), Siena (day trip), Lucca (2 nights), Pisa (1 night), and Rome (4 nights)
A travel journal, neatly formatted with hyperlinks to relevant sites and lots of embedded pictures is available at:
I’ve also uploaded hundreds of photos from my trip on Flickr. Here’s the link to the entire collection, organized by city:
P.S. The site above also includes travel journals for all of my previous trips to Europe, dating back to 2006, including my travels in the UK last year during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 2 Antwerp Tram
- 3 Day trip from Munich to Salzburg?
- 4 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 5 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 6 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 7 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 8 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 9 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 10 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 11 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 12 Alhambra
- 13 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 14 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 15 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 16 Dinge B&B
- 17 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 18 Gluten Free in Italy
- 19 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 20 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 21 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 22 Car rental in Paris
- 23 Canaries to Turkey in ten countries
- 24 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 25 Portable WiFi Device in Poland