Here is a link to my travel journal from a June 2013 trip to Italy.
A solo female traveler, visiting Italy for the third time
June 5-21, 2013
I visited the following on my trip: Venice (4 nights), Bassano del Grappa (day trip), Florence (5 nights), Bologna (day trip), Siena (day trip), Lucca (2 nights), Pisa (1 night), and Rome (4 nights)
A travel journal, neatly formatted with hyperlinks to relevant sites and lots of embedded pictures is available at:
I’ve also uploaded hundreds of photos from my trip on Flickr. Here’s the link to the entire collection, organized by city:
P.S. The site above also includes travel journals for all of my previous trips to Europe, dating back to 2006, including my travels in the UK last year during the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Return to Italy: A Travel Journal
- 1 Euro Train
- 2 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 3 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 6 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 7 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 8 Spain - Andalucia
- 9 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 10 One more last question on Bayeux
- 11 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 12 banger rally around europe?
- 13 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 14 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 15 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 16 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 17 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 18 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 19 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 20 Trip around Spain
- 21 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 22 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 23 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 24 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 25 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report