We're planning on renting a car in Verona and returning it to Venice. On the Hertz site, it says that in Venice Piazale Roma:
**"Special Instructions – If you are returning your vehicle to the Municipal Garage above the location a parking fee of € 49.50 will apply."**
I'm not sure what this means. Is it referring to after-hours drop offs? Has anyone returned a car to Venice before? Would it be a safer bet to return it to Venice Mestre ( open til 6pm ). At Mestre, it has clear instructions:
**"Out of hours return is confirmed with a fee of € 14.64 (including tax) for cars"**
Or just take it to VCE airport, which is open until midnight every day and there doesn't seem to be a surcharge there at all. We're staying in Venice itself, so the Airport is a bit out of the way.
Question 2: I get considerably cheaper rates on autoeurope.ca. Has anyone had good/bad/neutral experiences renting through them? In this case, it was still Hertz. Hertz.com was charging ~164€ for a Compact. Autoeurope was around $150 CAD ( ~ 100€ )! That's a considerable difference. The cars looks like the same class, the same company ( Hertz ).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Turin
- 2 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 3 Edinbrugh
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 6 Help on ancient history route
- 7 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 8 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 9 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 10 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 11 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 12 3 days solo in London
- 13 Chania
- 14 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 15 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 16 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 17 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 18 Studying art in English in venice
- 19 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 20 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 21 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 22 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 23 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 24 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?