We're planning on renting a car in Verona and returning it to Venice. On the Hertz site, it says that in Venice Piazale Roma:
**"Special Instructions – If you are returning your vehicle to the Municipal Garage above the location a parking fee of € 49.50 will apply."**
I'm not sure what this means. Is it referring to after-hours drop offs? Has anyone returned a car to Venice before? Would it be a safer bet to return it to Venice Mestre ( open til 6pm ). At Mestre, it has clear instructions:
**"Out of hours return is confirmed with a fee of € 14.64 (including tax) for cars"**
Or just take it to VCE airport, which is open until midnight every day and there doesn't seem to be a surcharge there at all. We're staying in Venice itself, so the Airport is a bit out of the way.
Question 2: I get considerably cheaper rates on autoeurope.ca. Has anyone had good/bad/neutral experiences renting through them? In this case, it was still Hertz. Hertz.com was charging ~164€ for a Compact. Autoeurope was around $150 CAD ( ~ 100€ )! That's a considerable difference. The cars looks like the same class, the same company ( Hertz ).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 XEROX PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT XEROX Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Frankfurt to UK
- 4 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 12 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 15 Milan or Turin
- 16 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Barcelona alternative
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras