We're planning on renting a car in Verona and returning it to Venice. On the Hertz site, it says that in Venice Piazale Roma:
**"Special Instructions – If you are returning your vehicle to the Municipal Garage above the location a parking fee of € 49.50 will apply."**
I'm not sure what this means. Is it referring to after-hours drop offs? Has anyone returned a car to Venice before? Would it be a safer bet to return it to Venice Mestre ( open til 6pm ). At Mestre, it has clear instructions:
**"Out of hours return is confirmed with a fee of € 14.64 (including tax) for cars"**
Or just take it to VCE airport, which is open until midnight every day and there doesn't seem to be a surcharge there at all. We're staying in Venice itself, so the Airport is a bit out of the way.
Question 2: I get considerably cheaper rates on autoeurope.ca. Has anyone had good/bad/neutral experiences renting through them? In this case, it was still Hertz. Hertz.com was charging ~164€ for a Compact. Autoeurope was around $150 CAD ( ~ 100€ )! That's a considerable difference. The cars looks like the same class, the same company ( Hertz ).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 2 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 3 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 4 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 5 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 6 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 7 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 8 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 9 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 10 4 days each in London and Paris
- 11 A few more questions about Brittany
- 12 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 13 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 17 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 18 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 19 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 20 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 22 Positano or Sorrento?
- 23 Paris in November
- 24 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 25 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes