We're planning on renting a car in Verona and returning it to Venice. On the Hertz site, it says that in Venice Piazale Roma:
**"Special Instructions – If you are returning your vehicle to the Municipal Garage above the location a parking fee of € 49.50 will apply."**
I'm not sure what this means. Is it referring to after-hours drop offs? Has anyone returned a car to Venice before? Would it be a safer bet to return it to Venice Mestre ( open til 6pm ). At Mestre, it has clear instructions:
**"Out of hours return is confirmed with a fee of € 14.64 (including tax) for cars"**
Or just take it to VCE airport, which is open until midnight every day and there doesn't seem to be a surcharge there at all. We're staying in Venice itself, so the Airport is a bit out of the way.
Question 2: I get considerably cheaper rates on autoeurope.ca. Has anyone had good/bad/neutral experiences renting through them? In this case, it was still Hertz. Hertz.com was charging ~164€ for a Compact. Autoeurope was around $150 CAD ( ~ 100€ )! That's a considerable difference. The cars looks like the same class, the same company ( Hertz ).
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 4 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 7 Juangfrau / mt
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 10 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 11 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 12 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 17 Questions about Polish sights
- 18 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 21 Ireland travel passport question
- 22 Italy
- 23 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 24 Revised itinerary for italy
- 25 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?