I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 2 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 3 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 4 What clothes?
- 5 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 6 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 7 Advice about Naples?
- 8 tipping
- 9 First Time Visit to UK - 3 Weeks Itinerary Help
- 10 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 11 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 12 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 13 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 14 Lavender country Provence hotel
- 15 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 16 Oslo airport to hotel
- 17 Paris and Lyon
- 18 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 19 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 20 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 21 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 22 Lavender Conditions in Provence
- 23 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 24 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 25 Hiking in Luberon