I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 2 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 3 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 4 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 5 hill of crosses
- 6 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 7 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 8 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 Long weekend in Albania
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Planning A trip
- 13 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 A week in the Occitanie
- 16 Munich and....???
- 17 Iceland March Itinerary
- 18 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 19 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 20 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 21 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 25 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.