I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Retrieving SNCF TGV tickets without pin/chip credit card
- 1 Florence in October
- 2 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 3 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 first european holiday itinery
- 6 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 11 7 days in Andalucia
- 12 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 13 To Paris and Provence in June
- 14 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 15 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 London at Easter
- 18 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 19 Health Resort & Medical Spa Panorama Morska Jarosławiec
- 20 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 21 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 22 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 23 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 24 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 25 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport