I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Retrieving SNCF TGV tickets without pin/chip credit card
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 2 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 3 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 4 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 5 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 6 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 7 Hotel in Rome?
- 8 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 9 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 10 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 11 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 12 Favorite hotels
- 13 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 14 Late night dinner in Menton?
- 15 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 16 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 17 Passport Delays
- 18 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 19 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 20 Message for Ackislander
- 21 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 22 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 23 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 24 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 25 Thinking of Minori as "home base"?