I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Poland to Austria In December
- 2 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 3 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 4 Best Neck Pillow
- 5 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 6 Using RenaultUSA.com
- 7 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 barcelona neighborhood
- 10 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 11 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 12 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 13 Tracking the Weather
- 14 Italy travel plan help
- 15 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 16 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 17 Alsace to Austria?
- 18 road trip through scotland
- 19 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 20 Wales
- 21 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 22 Tieks for travel
- 23 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Thinking about the Fjords