I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Retrieving SNCF TGV tickets without pin/chip credit card
- 1 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 2 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 3 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 4 Rooms in Sorrento & Rome
- 5 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 6 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 7 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 8 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 9 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 10 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 11 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 12 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 13 Connection in Newark EWR
- 14 Battlefield Tour
- 15 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 16 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 17 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 18 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 19 5 days in Ireland, what can I fit in?!
- 20 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 21 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 22 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 23 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 24 Edinburgh
- 25 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris