I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Retrieving SNCF TGV tickets without pin/chip credit card
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 2 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 He said , she said
- 7 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 8 Augsburg with kids
- 9 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 12 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 13 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 14 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 15 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 16 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 17 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 18 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 19 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 20 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 21 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 22 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 23 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid