I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Retrieving SNCF TGV tickets without pin/chip credit card
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good time to visit Russia and Norway because of currency crash ?
- 2 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 3 France,Spain,Italy
- 4 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 5 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 6 All Set To Go!!
- 7 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 8 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 9 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 10 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 11 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 12 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 13 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 14 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 15 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 16 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 17 Scotland November 2015
- 18 Schengen Visa Rules
- 19 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 20 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 21 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 22 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 23 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 24 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers