I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence and Rome
- 2 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 3 NY Times goes to Sicily!
- 4 Living on € 2500 monthly
- 5 Amalfi October 16-25
- 6 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 7 The Great Grotte Question: Clamouse or Demoiselles
- 8 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 9 21 nights in England, please help
- 10 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 11 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 12 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 13 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 14 Trip report European honeymoon
- 15 Ireland-3 Weeks, 3 Bases
- 16 Sentimental Journey
- 17 Need advice on Greek islands
- 18 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 19 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 20 Paris to the Past, by Ina Caro
- 21 Where can I buy a gounded plug adapter for Switzerland?
- 22 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 23 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 24 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 25 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.