I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 2 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 3 Traveling with medication in bulk
- 4 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 5 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 6 France to stop making foie grois
- 7 European countries thst could use some hospitality lessons.
- 8 Rome to Positano
- 9 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 10 Naples or Genoa
- 11 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 12 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 13 Swimming in 17th century fountains in Rome
- 14 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 15 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 16 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 17 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 18 How big backpack do I need?
- 19 Itinerary help please!
- 20 Laundry - Ireland?
- 21 Prague on a budget...
- 22 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 23 Holiday Itinerary
- 24 Itinerary Help!
- 25 Spain in November