I know there have been a flurry of posts this weekend about the Pin/Chip credit cards but I have one very specific question:
If I order my TGV tickets on the French SNCF website, and specify France as my location, with the option to print my tickets at home or pick them up at the station... don't both of those options involve going to a kiosk at the Gare to validate the tickets?
I was just reading one of the many posts about the whole Pin/Chip issue and thought I saw someone saying that the *only* way to retrieve those pre-bought SNCF tickets was through the self-serve kiosks... which only accept the chip/pin cards.
Is that right? Or is it possible to wait in the ticket line and talk to a real human being and have them verify the card used to purchase.
Also, one of the posters I think said that the "discounted" tickets could only be redeemed at the self-serve kiosks... so maybe it's a matter of making sure I select the right ticket class. My primary reason for buying the TGV tickets in advance is to guarantee seats on a specific date and time, so if I need to be checking a specific price level to be able to redeem with a human, please let me know how to do it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 munich - day trips
- 2 HOTEL IN STOCKHOLM
- 3 I'm back.....
- 4 2 week in Europe Itinerary help
- 5 Edinburgh in March
- 6 KLM mandatory Animal Hotel SCAM
- 7 Paris gtg in October?
- 8 Very last minute Swiss train help!
- 9 Best coastal town within 3 hours of Barcelona (with kids)
- 10 Where do I pass through immigration in the UK
- 11 Departure Tax in UK
- 12 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 13 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 14 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 15 Seville itinerary critic and advice please
- 16 Costal Spain Vacation Rental House Advice
- 17 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 18 European Championship
- 19 Parking in Italy
- 20 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 21 FAQs
- 22 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 23 Bel Canto restaurant, Paris
- 24 1 week in Malaga
- 25 http://www.toptryloburn.com/ombia-derma-reviews/