We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Restaurant/Museum reservations (Rome/Florence/Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 2 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 3 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 4 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 5 100 years of French gratitude
- 6 Madrid: City Views
- 7 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 8 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 9 Day Trips from Nice
- 10 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 11 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 12 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 13 London restaurants
- 14 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 15 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 16 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 17 Istanbul water
- 18 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 19 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 20 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 21 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 22 Norway 2014
- 23 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 24 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 25 Barcelona at night? Single female...