We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Restaurant/Museum reservations (Rome/Florence/Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek ferries
- 2 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 3 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 4 german rail ticket question
- 5 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 6 Arc de Triumph Question
- 7 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 8 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 9 Prague flea markets
- 10 Madrid and London
- 11 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 12 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 13 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 14 Fashion for larger man?
- 15 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 16 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 17 Pegasus Airlines for domestic flights in Turkey. Luggage?
- 18 Monet in Normandy
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 21 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 22 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 23 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 24 Trieste and Koper
- 25 100 Great things to do in Paris