We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 2 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 3 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 4 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 5 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 6 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 7 10 day Greek Island trip
- 8 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 9 Portugal itinerary help
- 10 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 11 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 12 Lisbon NYE
- 13 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 14 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 15 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 16 English Countryside
- 17 Need help in travel planning
- 18 French immersion courses in France
- 19 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 20 Puglia or La Langhe
- 21 Visiting Spain in January
- 22 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 23 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 24 Europe in late January
- 25 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome