We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome/Florence
- 2 Venturing even further
- 3 Where to go
- 4 Traveling in between Paris and Nantes via TVG
- 5 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 6 Apartment recommendation to stay in Paris
- 7 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 8 help with trip from prague to berlin and more
- 9 Weekend in Paris in October
- 10 Around Geneva?
- 11 Skiing Zermatt
- 12 Europe 9 day Family Vacation
- 13 which dordogne caves AND in which order?
- 14 Scotland in 8 days
- 15 2 Week Honeymoon-Sept 2016-Italy/Spain
- 16 Travelling to Rome
- 17 Sunday Brunch in Paris
- 18 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 19 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 20 2 days driving Sarthe, France
- 21 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 22 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 23 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 24 Still another Normandy question
- 25 Seville: Hotel Simon or Tryp Macarena?