We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 2 Renting International Cars from USA
- 3 Berlin/Prague/Vienna/Budapest
- 4 My First Trip to Europe...
- 5 Iceland in October
- 6 All of Spain or something else..?
- 7 Gracia Neighborhood in Barcelona Spain
- 8 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 9 Barcelona Car rental return
- 10 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 11 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 12 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 13 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 14 Enjoying England for a year!
- 15 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 16 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 17 Greece Itinerary
- 18 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 19 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 20 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 21 gare de nord
- 22 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 23 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 24 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 25 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London