We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 2 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 3 Escorted Tours
- 4 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 Ludwig Castles
- 7 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 8 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 11 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 12 2 Months in Sicily
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 What tips can you give about packing?
- 15 Le Marche, Italy
- 16 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 17 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 18 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 19 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 20 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 21 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 22 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 23 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 24 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 25 Experience with Earthbound Tours