We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 2 Paris - Rome
- 3 Day Trips from Venice with Tweens / Teens
- 4 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 5 Planning a trip to Turkey
- 6 Istanbul - FOOD!
- 7 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 8 Antiques shopping Rome
- 9 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 10 8 days in switzerland
- 11 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 12 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 13 daily itinerary ideas for southern Languedoc and Rousillon
- 14 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 15 12 Days in Italy
- 16 Health insurance coverage
- 17 Vintage trip report: Greenland, 1995
- 18 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 19 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 20 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 21 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 22 Family vacay in Europe
- 23 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 24 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 25 Italy - best two central locations