We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Local Paris Restaurants?
- 2 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 3 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 4 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 5 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 6 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 7 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 8 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 9 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 10 Recommendations needed for rentals in the Tuscan countryside
- 11 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 12 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 13 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 14 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 15 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 16 What to see in Dresden...
- 17 Tour or independent
- 18 Munich, Germany
- 19 Iceland for 11 days in March
- 20 Sliema, Malta
- 21 Vet my itinerary
- 22 Hotel advice
- 23 church / cathedral (organ/classic music) concerts in Granada/Seville ?
- 24 Your Thoughts on the Black Forest, please --
- 25 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy