We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 2 If you had to choose one......
- 3 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 4 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 5 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 6 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 7 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 8 Driving in Italy?
- 9 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 12 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 13 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 14 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 15 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 16 Granada to Madrid
- 17 Croatia
- 18 Croatia trip Planning
- 19 Norway -Trips
- 20 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 21 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 22 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 23 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 24 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 25 Do NIN in 1 or 2 days?