We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning Advice!
- 2 3 nights in Paris
- 3 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 4 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 5 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 6 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 7 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 8 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 9 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 10 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 11 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 12 England and Wales by public transport
- 13 Our European adventures
- 14 Walking Scotland
- 15 Naples or Genoa
- 16 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 17 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 18 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 19 Travel WiFi - France
- 20 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 21 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 22 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 23 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 24 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 25 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!