We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 2 Algarve,Portugal at Christmas?
- 3 Stability and safety in Turkey
- 4 Cell phones in France and England
- 5 Parking in Italy
- 6 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 7 sim card
- 8 Plan Italy trip
- 9 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 10 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 11 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 12 apartments florence
- 13 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 14 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 15 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 16 Florence, Italy
- 17 Italy trains question
- 18 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 19 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 20 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 21 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 22 FCO connection time
- 23 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 24 Slovania & Croatia
- 25 Layover Madrid Info Help