We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mechlen or Leuven as a base city?
- 2 Family vacation near Amsterdam
- 3 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 4 What clothes?
- 5 GPS vs Google Maps
- 6 Luggage on trains/security?
- 7 Large luggage lockers at Gare du Nord
- 8 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 9 The DCC scam is spreading
- 10 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 11 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 12 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 13 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 14 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 15 Travelling in October need some guidance
- 16 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 17 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 18 Train Question
- 19 Going to Den Bosch to See the Bosch Exhibit?
- 20 Bavaria in August
- 21 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 22 Switzerland in 8 days
- 23 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 24 day trip to hampton court
- 25 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris