We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 2 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 3 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 4 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
- 5 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 6 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 7 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 8 Trieste or Venice car rental offices open Saturday afternoon ?
- 9 One Way... trust or bust?
- 10 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 11 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 12 Italy weather last week of March.
- 13 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 14 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 15 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 16 Alhambra
- 17 Antwerp Tram
- 18 Paris weather
- 19 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 20 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 21 Day trip from Munich to Salzburg?
- 22 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 23 Advice for London 2 days
- 24 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 25 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?