We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Did I make a mistake arriving Venice on a holiday (Nov 1)?
- 2 Dordogne Itinerary
- 3 Italian Roadtrip ideas/feedback
- 4 Dreaming of a hiking trip for 2016
- 5 Confused ~ Pheasant Inn Lake District
- 6 Getting Around Toledo
- 7 Europe in January
- 8 Where in Costa del Sol ?
- 9 Brussels - the Netherlands day trip, where to go?
- 10 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 11 2 weeks in France next May
- 12 four old ladies in spain
- 13 From Schipol to ?
- 14 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 15 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 16 Mount Etna -Sicily
- 17 Paris Austerlitz to CDG on a weekday morning
- 18 Going to Montmartre from Gare du Nord totally off the beaten track
- 19 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 20 Hiking from Geneva to Rome!
- 21 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 22 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 23 "Magnificent" video exhibit at Palazzo Vecchio in Florence
- 24 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 25 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl