We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Restaurant/Museum reservations (Rome/Florence/Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 2 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 3 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 4 20 days in Germany
- 5 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 6 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 7 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 8 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 9 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 10 Rome---August and September
- 11 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 12 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 13 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 14 Nice or Marseille??
- 15 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 16 Final segment: unsolicited advice for first time Portugal travellers
- 17 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 18 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 19 South of France November Trip Report
- 20 Dresden or Leipzig
- 21 Auto Rental, Frankfurt Airport
- 22 Trains in Italy
- 23 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 24 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 25 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?