We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Restaurant/Museum reservations (Rome/Florence/Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 2 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 3 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 4 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 5 I dream of Europe
- 6 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 7 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 8 Ireland or Scotland
- 9 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 10 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 11 Autumn in Paris
- 12 Weekend in Norfolk
- 13 Athens at New Years
- 14 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 15 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 16 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 17 Cotswold Churches
- 18 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 19 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 20 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 21 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 22 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 23 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 24 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 25 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)