We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Restaurant/Museum reservations (Rome/Florence/Venice)
- 1 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 2 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 3 Fun things to do in Copenhagen
- 4 Medieval Tallinn
- 5 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 6 Prague Main Train Station
- 7 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 8 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 9 Italian language schools
- 10 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 11 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 12 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 13 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 14 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Place to propose
- 17 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 18 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 19 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 22 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 23 Venice in Jan
- 24 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 25 5 days in Granada - Seville?