We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Restaurant/Museum reservations (Rome/Florence/Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 2 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 3 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 4 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 5 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 6 Stonehenge and Bath
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 9 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 10 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 11 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 12 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 13 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 14 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 15 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 16 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 17 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 18 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 19 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 20 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 21 Five nights in Extremadura
- 22 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 23 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 24 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 25 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain