We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Restaurant/Museum reservations (Rome/Florence/Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 2 Central European train travel
- 3 Southwestern England
- 4 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 5 Rail Pass for 2 countries, but HELP, we wish to cross in/out of a 3rd
- 6 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 7 Sea side in Italy
- 8 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary
- 9 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 10 Spain Student Visa - Schengen re-entry + later arrival
- 11 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 12 Train tickets within Italy
- 13 In Paris on my own
- 14 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 15 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 16 Questions for Paris residents
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 19 Overnight in London - Hotel Recs?
- 20 Venice - apartment??????
- 21 Our first trip to Europe
- 22 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 23 Stay in Venice
- 24 Teen Mens Fashion/Apparel?
- 25 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?