We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Restaurant/Museum reservations (Rome/Florence/Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 2 Cinque Terre and Côte d'Azur
- 3 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 4 Positano in high season???
- 5 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 6 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 7 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.
- 8 Help with tour of Norway please.
- 9 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 10 Croatia and Montenegro for 8 days
- 11 3 day trip from London to Edinburgh, Dublin, Stockholm or Helsinki+Tallin
- 12 Colmar, France - What do do for family visit?
- 13 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 14 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 15 Trains
- 16 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 17 Portugual travel to Compostella, spain
- 18 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 19 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 20 flights to Lisbon from NYC area
- 21 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 22 Travel by train in Poland?
- 23 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 24 Shuttle Inter prices?
- 25 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?