We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 2 Naples or Genoa
- 3 Tour ideas for Malaga, Spain
- 4 Were to stay near Lecce?
- 5 Our European adventures
- 6 Just booked Athens & Santorini
- 7 Dublin Hotel Recommendations
- 8 Travel WiFi - France
- 9 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 10 Wine tasting in Santorini
- 11 England and Wales by public transport
- 12 Layover at Lisbon and trip to Sintra
- 13 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 14 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 15 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 16 Planning Advice!
- 17 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 18 Greece in 15 Days
- 19 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 20 Help with itinerary
- 21 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 22 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 23 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 24 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 25 Prague Beyond the "Usual"