We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 2 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 3 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 4 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 5 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 6 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 7 Trip Report: Eight Days in Amsterdam and Belgium
- 8 Slovenia & Croatia itinerary help
- 9 Referendum in Greece
- 10 Germany Itinerary suggestions please
- 11 Visa D - Student or Tourist?
- 12 Barcelona Itinerary
- 13 Turkey Draft Itinerary
- 14 Spain (Ibiza or Majorca)
- 15 Umbria/Tuscany/Le Marche villa suggestions for large group
- 16 Musee D'Orsay or the Louvre
- 17 Obtaining Swiss francs in Switzerland
- 18 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 19 Sunrise in Colmar, France
- 20 Ann Frank House
- 21 Iceland
- 22 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 23 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 24 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 25 London to Edinburgh transportation