We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 2 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 3 Vienna to Weissenkirchen
- 4 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 5 Trip Report: Amalfi Coast, Naples & Capri, Italy
- 6 Amsterdam to Alsace
- 7 Email access constantly blocked on international travels
- 8 Traveling to Northern Italy
- 9 Day trips from Cologne
- 10 Italy, Spain and France
- 11 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 12 Has anyone rented a myfi device from All Day Internet?
- 13 Horses, Kayaking and Adventure in Iceland
- 14 St. Paul's Cathedral annual pass
- 15 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 16 Cantabria, Asturias, Galacia - Itinerary help please
- 17 Amsterdam and beyond
- 18 Spain and around that for 2 weeks
- 19 Trip Report: Sailing in Croatia, with a Stop at Wimbledon
- 20 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 21 First Trip to Italy. Need Help on Accommodations in Tuscany
- 22 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 23 10-day Itinerary Shannon to Southwest and West Ireland
- 24 Adam Gopnik loses his phone in Paris
- 25 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?