We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?
- 2 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 3 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 4 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 5 RHK's Fall escape
- 6 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 7 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 8 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 9 Black Cab Tour in Belfast
- 10 Europe Itinerary
- 11 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 12 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 13 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 14 Norway Trip Report 2016
- 15 St. Wolfgang/Hallstatt/Berchtesgaden from Salzburg
- 16 Baviaran Alps End April Good idea?
- 17 Oops - too many yes it is me me me
- 18 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 19 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 20 New Airline for Naxos
- 21 Salzburg Christmas Eve Dinner
- 22 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 23 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 24 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 25 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London