We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Restaurant/Museum reservations (Rome/Florence/Venice)
- 1 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 2 Sagrada Familia in Barcelona: who knows what time masses are?
- 3 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 4 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 5 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 6 Security issues with Knee replacement
- 7 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 8 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 9 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 10 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 11 How do I get from Copenhagen to Malmo by Train?
- 12 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 13 Climbing Snowdon
- 14 Zee Best
- 15 river cruise choice
- 16 pier in Copenhagen
- 17 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 18 Rome apartment
- 19 Paros or Naxos?
- 20 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 21 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 22 Need restaurant recommendations for cities in Croatia
- 23 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 24 Istanbul Hotels
- 25 Prague Hotels -Old Town