We'll be in Italy in February. How soon should I start making reservations? And what is the best way to go about it?
I checked the Borghese Gallery the other day, and could not make a reservation past 03 Feb, but even their January dates were not fully booked. Do you think I would be safe to wait until we arrive in Rome to reserve?
As far as Uffizi & the Accademia in Florence, am I safe to wait? Would it be okay to ask my hotel in Rome to make the reservations? We are arriving in Florence on a Saturday afternoon, so I'm planning to go to both locations on Sunday. There's not a whole lot of wiggle room there. =)
And finally, we will be in Rome on Valentines Day. This is not a huge holiday for me, so I'm not looking for something special. But we will have to eat somewhere. I've been reading posts here and on several other boards as well as reading Rome food blogs, so I have a (growing) list of restaurants I'm interested in. Do I need to book soon? Or wait til I'm there and do everything 24-48 hours ahead?
Restaurant/Museum reservations (Rome/Florence/Venice)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 2 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 3 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 4 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 5 Europe in 21 days
- 6 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 7 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 8 Street food in Turkey
- 9 Dublin Hostels
- 10 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 11 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 12 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 13 Spain Questions
- 14 9 days in turkey
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 17 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 18 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 19 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 20 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 21 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 22 Mont St Michel
- 23 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 24 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 25 Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?