I am heading to London for couple of weeks in first week of November. I would be staying near Green Park - Piccadilly Circus area. This is my first visit. I want to make the most of it. I would be glad if you could recommend any books, specific guides, online resources, podcasts, apps, etc that I could go through or have with me when in London, to understand the city better from the following points of view:
1. Context - Historical, societal, architectural understanding
2. Practical - For ease of navigation
3. Recommendations - restaurants (vegetarian-friendly), must-do's for first visit, shopping
4. Events - be up-to-date with the schedule of latest art gallery exhibits, theatre, talks, etc
I have varied interests and at this stage, I am looking to explore London as much as possible from diverse points of view.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Umbria / Le Marche
- 2 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 3 Scotland Itinerary Advice
- 4 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 5 Theater in London
- 6 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 7 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 8 Food in Positano
- 9 스위피 ▼ 접속 :≫sst39.com≪
- 10 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 11 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 12 스위피 ▼ 접속 :≫sst39.com≪
- 13 Katyn massacres
- 14 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 15 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 16 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 17 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 18 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 19 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 20 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 21 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 22 Ireland hotel questions
- 23 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 24 Italy
- 25 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
Resources / How-to be better prepared to make the most of London trip