I am heading to London for couple of weeks in first week of November. I would be staying near Green Park - Piccadilly Circus area. This is my first visit. I want to make the most of it. I would be glad if you could recommend any books, specific guides, online resources, podcasts, apps, etc that I could go through or have with me when in London, to understand the city better from the following points of view:
1. Context - Historical, societal, architectural understanding
2. Practical - For ease of navigation
3. Recommendations - restaurants (vegetarian-friendly), must-do's for first visit, shopping
4. Events - be up-to-date with the schedule of latest art gallery exhibits, theatre, talks, etc
I have varied interests and at this stage, I am looking to explore London as much as possible from diverse points of view.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Interesting places to visit
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 4 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 5 Petrol in Greece
- 6 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 7 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 8 Korean Messages
- 9 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 12 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 13 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 14 International Flight Question
- 15 Dijon in December!
- 16 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 17 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 18 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 19 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 20 We're here!
- 21 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 22 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 23 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 24 6-7 Days in France
- 25 I need help deciding ASAP!
Resources / How-to be better prepared to make the most of London trip