I am heading to London for couple of weeks in first week of November. I would be staying near Green Park - Piccadilly Circus area. This is my first visit. I want to make the most of it. I would be glad if you could recommend any books, specific guides, online resources, podcasts, apps, etc that I could go through or have with me when in London, to understand the city better from the following points of view:
1. Context - Historical, societal, architectural understanding
2. Practical - For ease of navigation
3. Recommendations - restaurants (vegetarian-friendly), must-do's for first visit, shopping
4. Events - be up-to-date with the schedule of latest art gallery exhibits, theatre, talks, etc
I have varied interests and at this stage, I am looking to explore London as much as possible from diverse points of view.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 2 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 3 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 4 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 5 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 6 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 7 Help on ancient history route
- 8 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 9 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 10 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 11 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 12 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 13 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 14 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 15 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 16 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 17 Venice Airport Car Return Center to Water Taxi Shuttle Area
- 18 Hotels in Turin
- 19 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 20 Getting a Russian visa in San Francisco, in person
- 21 Best layover option
- 22 Split, Croatia Itinerary help
- 23 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 24 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
Resources / How-to be better prepared to make the most of London trip