I am heading to London for couple of weeks in first week of November. I would be staying near Green Park - Piccadilly Circus area. This is my first visit. I want to make the most of it. I would be glad if you could recommend any books, specific guides, online resources, podcasts, apps, etc that I could go through or have with me when in London, to understand the city better from the following points of view:
1. Context - Historical, societal, architectural understanding
2. Practical - For ease of navigation
3. Recommendations - restaurants (vegetarian-friendly), must-do's for first visit, shopping
4. Events - be up-to-date with the schedule of latest art gallery exhibits, theatre, talks, etc
I have varied interests and at this stage, I am looking to explore London as much as possible from diverse points of view.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP PRINTER 1888:482:3831 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 CANON 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT CANON Tec*h care 24/7
- 3 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 4 Christmas Day in Granada
- 5 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 6 car insurance italy
- 7 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 8 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 9 Venice/Mestre
- 10 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 11 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Transylvania - June 2018
- 14 Italy Car Scam
- 15 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 16 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 17 Krakow
- 18 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 19 Quizz !
- 20 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 21 Pay attention to your watches !
- 22 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 23 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 24 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 25 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
Resources / How-to be better prepared to make the most of London trip