I am heading to London for couple of weeks in first week of November. I would be staying near Green Park - Piccadilly Circus area. This is my first visit. I want to make the most of it. I would be glad if you could recommend any books, specific guides, online resources, podcasts, apps, etc that I could go through or have with me when in London, to understand the city better from the following points of view:
1. Context - Historical, societal, architectural understanding
2. Practical - For ease of navigation
3. Recommendations - restaurants (vegetarian-friendly), must-do's for first visit, shopping
4. Events - be up-to-date with the schedule of latest art gallery exhibits, theatre, talks, etc
I have varied interests and at this stage, I am looking to explore London as much as possible from diverse points of view.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 2 alcazar question and seville advice
- 3 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 4 My Topic TitleT 10 card question
- 5 London in Winter Report
- 6 Iceland trip report!
- 7 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 10 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 11 Anniversary trip to France
- 12 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 13 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 14 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 17 Paris and Normandy
- 18 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 19 London Hotel - Different Request
- 20 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 21 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 22 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 23 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 24 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 25 Airport Transit Visa
Resources / How-to be better prepared to make the most of London trip