I am heading to London for couple of weeks in first week of November. I would be staying near Green Park - Piccadilly Circus area. This is my first visit. I want to make the most of it. I would be glad if you could recommend any books, specific guides, online resources, podcasts, apps, etc that I could go through or have with me when in London, to understand the city better from the following points of view:
1. Context - Historical, societal, architectural understanding
2. Practical - For ease of navigation
3. Recommendations - restaurants (vegetarian-friendly), must-do's for first visit, shopping
4. Events - be up-to-date with the schedule of latest art gallery exhibits, theatre, talks, etc
I have varied interests and at this stage, I am looking to explore London as much as possible from diverse points of view.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 4 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 5 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 6 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 7 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 8 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 9 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 10 4 days each in London and Paris
- 11 A few more questions about Brittany
- 12 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 13 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Switzerland in September
- 16 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 17 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 18 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 19 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 20 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 22 Positano or Sorrento?
- 23 Paris in November
- 24 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 25 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
Resources / How-to be better prepared to make the most of London trip