My girlfriend and I are planning a trip this Oct/Nov. We'll be visiting 12 cities (listed below) and purchasing a Eurorail Global Pass to get around. We plan to avoid reservation-required trains, but know that we will inevitably need to make at least a few reservations.
Since it will be the off-season, will we need to make our reservations in advance, or can we just make a reservation for departing a city as soon as we get there (example: We get to Stockholm and immediately head to the ticket counter to make a reservation for the train from Stockholm to Amsterdam)?
Cities we're visiting: Oslo, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Geneva, Venice, Zagreb, Prague, Budapest, Berlin, Copenhagen.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 2 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 8 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 9 Bath/Cotswolds
- 10 Reports on trekking in Iceland
- 11 Thinking about the Fjords
- 12 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 13 Globus Iberian Tour
- 14 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 15 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 16 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 17 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 20 Poland to Austria In December
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 23 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 24 Tracking the Weather
- 25 Shorts in South of France?