My girlfriend and I are planning a trip this Oct/Nov. We'll be visiting 12 cities (listed below) and purchasing a Eurorail Global Pass to get around. We plan to avoid reservation-required trains, but know that we will inevitably need to make at least a few reservations.
Since it will be the off-season, will we need to make our reservations in advance, or can we just make a reservation for departing a city as soon as we get there (example: We get to Stockholm and immediately head to the ticket counter to make a reservation for the train from Stockholm to Amsterdam)?
Cities we're visiting: Oslo, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Geneva, Venice, Zagreb, Prague, Budapest, Berlin, Copenhagen.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin to ?
- 2 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 5 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 6 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 7 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 10 Greece
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 13 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 14 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 15 Stuck in Paris
- 16 Spain - day driver advice
- 17 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 18 Buenos Aires, Argentina or Lisbon Portugal
- 19 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 20 Renting a car in Greece
- 21 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 22 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 23 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 24 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 25 Paris hotel