My girlfriend and I are planning a trip this Oct/Nov. We'll be visiting 12 cities (listed below) and purchasing a Eurorail Global Pass to get around. We plan to avoid reservation-required trains, but know that we will inevitably need to make at least a few reservations.
Since it will be the off-season, will we need to make our reservations in advance, or can we just make a reservation for departing a city as soon as we get there (example: We get to Stockholm and immediately head to the ticket counter to make a reservation for the train from Stockholm to Amsterdam)?
Cities we're visiting: Oslo, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Geneva, Venice, Zagreb, Prague, Budapest, Berlin, Copenhagen.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beaune France
- 2 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 3 advance tickets?
- 4 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 38 Days in Paris
- 7 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 8 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 9 A week in Paris
- 10 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 13 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 14 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 15 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 16 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 17 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 20 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 21 Cordoba Overnight?
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 25 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?