My girlfriend and I are planning a trip this Oct/Nov. We'll be visiting 12 cities (listed below) and purchasing a Eurorail Global Pass to get around. We plan to avoid reservation-required trains, but know that we will inevitably need to make at least a few reservations.
Since it will be the off-season, will we need to make our reservations in advance, or can we just make a reservation for departing a city as soon as we get there (example: We get to Stockholm and immediately head to the ticket counter to make a reservation for the train from Stockholm to Amsterdam)?
Cities we're visiting: Oslo, Stockholm, Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Geneva, Venice, Zagreb, Prague, Budapest, Berlin, Copenhagen.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 2 advice on getting from Cardiff to Germany
- 3 New Data Suggests the Best Time to Book Your Flight is 54 Days in Advance
- 4 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 5 Revised itinerary for italy
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 8 Biarritz family holiday
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Lisbon hotel
- 11 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 12 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 17 Italy
- 18 4 Days in Tuscany
- 19 If you had to choose one......
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 Switzerland
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 24 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 25 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice