I have to admit I have read countless posts on this topic but still feel rather unclear about what to do. We (my boyfriend and myself) are going to Greece at the end of August until the beginning of September for a total of 2 weeks. We are flying into Athens -> Paros -> Koufonissi -> Naxos -> Santorini.
Since we are trying to keep the expenses to a minimum and to make the most of our time on the islands, we already have all the ferries lined up. My one confusion, and where I hope (and am sure) you can help me out on, is how on earth do I book the ferry tickets beforehand! I'm aware it is best to book them directly on the ferry websites, but after that how can I pick them up?
Some of the older forums suggest websites which are no longer working. Is it possible to reserve all the ferries on the ferry website and then go to any travel agency to pick them up? If I, for example, go on the openseas.gr website and reserve all the tickets via one of the agencies, is that best?
I am a tad confused!
Very excited and grateful to hear your responses! Also, any cool tips are also appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 2 Whathello Paris
- 3 One free day in Barcelona
- 4 "Too Much Cows"
- 5 Alitala
- 6 Athens Help
- 7 Uber vs. TfL
- 8 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Rome -- The next time around
- 11 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 12 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 13 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 14 Bordeaux to Nice
- 15 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 16 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 17 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 18 Trains in Italy
- 19 Transport for local Venice travel
- 20 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 21 Crete Holiday
- 22 Christmas in Italy
- 23 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 24 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 25 Thinking about the Fjords