I have to admit I have read countless posts on this topic but still feel rather unclear about what to do. We (my boyfriend and myself) are going to Greece at the end of August until the beginning of September for a total of 2 weeks. We are flying into Athens -> Paros -> Koufonissi -> Naxos -> Santorini.
Since we are trying to keep the expenses to a minimum and to make the most of our time on the islands, we already have all the ferries lined up. My one confusion, and where I hope (and am sure) you can help me out on, is how on earth do I book the ferry tickets beforehand! I'm aware it is best to book them directly on the ferry websites, but after that how can I pick them up?
Some of the older forums suggest websites which are no longer working. Is it possible to reserve all the ferries on the ferry website and then go to any travel agency to pick them up? If I, for example, go on the openseas.gr website and reserve all the tickets via one of the agencies, is that best?
I am a tad confused!
Very excited and grateful to hear your responses! Also, any cool tips are also appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 3 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 4 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 5 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 6 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 7 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 8 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 9 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 10 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 14 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 15 Cell Phone Question
- 16 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 19 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 24 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 25 Help required with Itinerary