Four of us are travelling to Paris next month and we're looking for some advice on how to best get from CDG to the apartment we're staying in on the Rue de Chateaudun.We're open to suggestions or advice from anybody who's done this before. Right now we're leaning towards taking the RER into Gare du Nord. This is where it gets a little squirelly though. There are lots of Metro stations close to where we're staying, but of course none of the stations are lines that we could pick up at Gare du Nord. We could walk- it's about a km, but I'm a little worried about luggage and stuff. Another thought is transfer to RER E and take it one more stop to Haussmann St. Lazore, which is about 1/3 of a mile from where we're staying. Does anyone know how complicated it is to transfer from one RER line to another?
We're not against taking a cab, but will Parisian taxis be able to take all four of us?
A little background information- we're chubby middle-aged Northeasterners with no children. Together we can hobble together some French, but nobody is fluent by any stretch. For three of the four, this is our first trip to Europe. We're flying overnight from Boston via Iceland and we're landing around noon on a Sunday.
Thank you, seasoned world travelers, for your advice. I really appreciate it. I'm super excited to finally get out and see the world some.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Italy
- 2 Whathello Paris
- 3 One free day in Barcelona
- 4 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 5 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 6 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 7 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 8 Letter from the Belgian Embassy
- 9 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 10 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 11 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 12 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 13 Bordeaux to Nice
- 14 Travel in Europe
- 15 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 16 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 17 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 18 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 19 Athens Help
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 22 Rome to Venice
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 November in Rome
- 25 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car