Four of us are travelling to Paris next month and we're looking for some advice on how to best get from CDG to the apartment we're staying in on the Rue de Chateaudun.We're open to suggestions or advice from anybody who's done this before. Right now we're leaning towards taking the RER into Gare du Nord. This is where it gets a little squirelly though. There are lots of Metro stations close to where we're staying, but of course none of the stations are lines that we could pick up at Gare du Nord. We could walk- it's about a km, but I'm a little worried about luggage and stuff. Another thought is transfer to RER E and take it one more stop to Haussmann St. Lazore, which is about 1/3 of a mile from where we're staying. Does anyone know how complicated it is to transfer from one RER line to another?
We're not against taking a cab, but will Parisian taxis be able to take all four of us?
A little background information- we're chubby middle-aged Northeasterners with no children. Together we can hobble together some French, but nobody is fluent by any stretch. For three of the four, this is our first trip to Europe. We're flying overnight from Boston via Iceland and we're landing around noon on a Sunday.
Thank you, seasoned world travelers, for your advice. I really appreciate it. I'm super excited to finally get out and see the world some.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 2 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 3 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 4 Which area to stay in London
- 5 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 6 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 7 Cotswolds for day by Train
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 10 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 11 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 12 4 days and 3 nights in Austria excluding Vienna
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 Itinery help Crete
- 15 Scotland - We're Here!
- 16 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 17 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 18 TIM in FCO - update
- 19 Train / Calabria
- 20 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 21 16 days in France and Italy
- 22 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 23 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 24 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 25 Lisbon - a few tips