Four of us are travelling to Paris next month and we're looking for some advice on how to best get from CDG to the apartment we're staying in on the Rue de Chateaudun.We're open to suggestions or advice from anybody who's done this before. Right now we're leaning towards taking the RER into Gare du Nord. This is where it gets a little squirelly though. There are lots of Metro stations close to where we're staying, but of course none of the stations are lines that we could pick up at Gare du Nord. We could walk- it's about a km, but I'm a little worried about luggage and stuff. Another thought is transfer to RER E and take it one more stop to Haussmann St. Lazore, which is about 1/3 of a mile from where we're staying. Does anyone know how complicated it is to transfer from one RER line to another?
We're not against taking a cab, but will Parisian taxis be able to take all four of us?
A little background information- we're chubby middle-aged Northeasterners with no children. Together we can hobble together some French, but nobody is fluent by any stretch. For three of the four, this is our first trip to Europe. We're flying overnight from Boston via Iceland and we're landing around noon on a Sunday.
Thank you, seasoned world travelers, for your advice. I really appreciate it. I'm super excited to finally get out and see the world some.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 Driving in Italy?
- 5 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 6 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 7 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 8 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 Itinerary Tweaking
- 11 Itinerary Help
- 12 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 13 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 14 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 15 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 16 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 17 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 18 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 19 Sicily
- 20 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 21 Hotel in Vienna
- 22 If you had to choose one......
- 23 Car rental from Barcelona
- 24 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy