Four of us are travelling to Paris next month and we're looking for some advice on how to best get from CDG to the apartment we're staying in on the Rue de Chateaudun.We're open to suggestions or advice from anybody who's done this before. Right now we're leaning towards taking the RER into Gare du Nord. This is where it gets a little squirelly though. There are lots of Metro stations close to where we're staying, but of course none of the stations are lines that we could pick up at Gare du Nord. We could walk- it's about a km, but I'm a little worried about luggage and stuff. Another thought is transfer to RER E and take it one more stop to Haussmann St. Lazore, which is about 1/3 of a mile from where we're staying. Does anyone know how complicated it is to transfer from one RER line to another?
We're not against taking a cab, but will Parisian taxis be able to take all four of us?
A little background information- we're chubby middle-aged Northeasterners with no children. Together we can hobble together some French, but nobody is fluent by any stretch. For three of the four, this is our first trip to Europe. We're flying overnight from Boston via Iceland and we're landing around noon on a Sunday.
Thank you, seasoned world travelers, for your advice. I really appreciate it. I'm super excited to finally get out and see the world some.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 DVD burning software
- 2 Scotland, Ireland, Teenagers and road tripping, 2018
- 3 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 4 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 5 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 6 Train travel
- 7 Spain to Jerez for Horse Show
- 8 WWI Battlefields
- 9 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 10 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 11 A litle of the UK, some of Belgium and a bit more France.
- 12 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 13 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 14 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 15 Iceland 3 day layover
- 16 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 17 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 20 Milos beach stay
- 21 Paris to Bordeaux
- 22 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 23 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 24 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 25 Provence to Paris via Burgundy