My family of 12 members will be in Italy this July and would like to take a day trip from Rome and Florence. We will arrive in Rome on July 8 and depart on July 11. From Rome, we would like one day during which we visit the following nearby cities/sites:
1) Civita di Bagnoregio
Then we will arrive in Florence on July 11 and depart on July 14.
From Florence, we would like one day during which we visit the following nearby cities/sites:
1) Tower of Pisa
2) Cinque Terre (Five Lands) and its 5 villages: Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore. We're looking for a driver who can drop us off at the most convenient village and we can take train rides through all five villages and enjoy the magnificent view from the trail between Riomaggiore and Manarola (the Via Dell’Amore, or the Love Walk).
Could anyone recommend a local driver (or tour guide) who can pick us up in his/her van that fits 12 passengers early the morning of July 12th or 13th, take us to these two sites and then drop us back at the hotel that evening? If so, please reply to this post with any details you could provide, including estimated total cost for our group (if you have that information).
If there are other nearby sites that you would highly recommend we add to the above itineraries (and still keep it a one-day trip for each one), please let me know. We're open to other suggestions as long as it doesn't increase the price too much; however, we do not have wine drinkers or cheese lovers in our group, so no need for wine or cheese tours.
We do *not* need a driver or guide for any tours in Rome or Florence, just for the day-trips to the nearby cities. And we do not really need a tour guide but mainly a driver who is reliable and can speak English well.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 2 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 3 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 4 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 5 base for Andalucia
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 8 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 9 Windsor Castle
- 10 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 13 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 14 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 15 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 16 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 17 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 18 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 19 4 nights in Sardinia
- 20 Sabbioneta for day trip? ...or Verona?
- 21 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 22 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 23 "Too Much Cows"
- 24 Matera tour guide wanted
- 25 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
Requesting suggestions for drivers for day trips from Rome and Florence