My family of 12 members will be in Italy this July and would like to take a day trip from Rome and Florence. We will arrive in Rome on July 8 and depart on July 11. From Rome, we would like one day during which we visit the following nearby cities/sites:
1) Civita di Bagnoregio
Then we will arrive in Florence on July 11 and depart on July 14.
From Florence, we would like one day during which we visit the following nearby cities/sites:
1) Tower of Pisa
2) Cinque Terre (Five Lands) and its 5 villages: Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola and Riomaggiore. We're looking for a driver who can drop us off at the most convenient village and we can take train rides through all five villages and enjoy the magnificent view from the trail between Riomaggiore and Manarola (the Via Dell’Amore, or the Love Walk).
Could anyone recommend a local driver (or tour guide) who can pick us up in his/her van that fits 12 passengers early the morning of July 12th or 13th, take us to these two sites and then drop us back at the hotel that evening? If so, please reply to this post with any details you could provide, including estimated total cost for our group (if you have that information).
If there are other nearby sites that you would highly recommend we add to the above itineraries (and still keep it a one-day trip for each one), please let me know. We're open to other suggestions as long as it doesn't increase the price too much; however, we do not have wine drinkers or cheese lovers in our group, so no need for wine or cheese tours.
We do *not* need a driver or guide for any tours in Rome or Florence, just for the day-trips to the nearby cities. And we do not really need a tour guide but mainly a driver who is reliable and can speak English well.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Bernina Express mid-March
- 4 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 5 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 Ireland hotel questions
- 8 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 9 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 10 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 11 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 12 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 13 Revised itinerary for italy
- 14 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 15 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 16 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 17 where to stay in London?
- 18 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 19 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 20 Flamenco in October
- 21 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 22 4 days itinerary for France
- 23 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 24 getting to CDG
- 25 A Month stay in Southern France
Requesting suggestions for drivers for day trips from Rome and Florence