We are a family of 4 traveling to London from the US in early June. We need to go to Nottingham from Heathrow on day 1 and stay there for day 1 and 2. Then day 3 and 4 we want to do sightseeing in London (top ten sites of London). We want to stay in a family friendly hotel near Heathrow and travel to the tourist sites in London.
Here are my questions.
1. What is the best way to travel to London central from hotels near Heathrow? How long does this take?
2. How do we book tube tickets for all travel? Should this be done online ahead of time?
3. Is there any way to store luggage at Heathrow/ tube stations?
4. We plan to do this itinerary (http://www.londondrum.com/planner/two-days.php)
Are there any tickets for this that we should buy in advance?
5. Should we buy tickets for London Eye online?
6. Any recommendations on hotels near Heathrow (family safe)?
7. If we stay near Trafalgar Square what are some safe and clean budget hotels?
8. How much time do we need to reach Heathrow on day 5 from Trafalgar Square. We have an outbound flight to Asia.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 2 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 3 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 4 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 5 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 6 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 7 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 8 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 9 Stroller in Europe
- 10 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 11 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 12 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 13 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 14 Best company/Tour for one day Amalfi Coast from Rome
- 15 Car rental leaving Rome
- 16 NEED HELP PLANNING SPAIN ITINERARY
- 17 Why Not Helsinki?
- 18 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 19 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 20 Transportation from Malpensa to Stresa
- 21 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 22 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 23 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 24 Paris Under Seige...
- 25 8 days in Vienna in December