We are a family of 4 traveling to London from the US in early June. We need to go to Nottingham from Heathrow on day 1 and stay there for day 1 and 2. Then day 3 and 4 we want to do sightseeing in London (top ten sites of London). We want to stay in a family friendly hotel near Heathrow and travel to the tourist sites in London.
Here are my questions.
1. What is the best way to travel to London central from hotels near Heathrow? How long does this take?
2. How do we book tube tickets for all travel? Should this be done online ahead of time?
3. Is there any way to store luggage at Heathrow/ tube stations?
4. We plan to do this itinerary (http://www.londondrum.com/planner/two-days.php)
Are there any tickets for this that we should buy in advance?
5. Should we buy tickets for London Eye online?
6. Any recommendations on hotels near Heathrow (family safe)?
7. If we stay near Trafalgar Square what are some safe and clean budget hotels?
8. How much time do we need to reach Heathrow on day 5 from Trafalgar Square. We have an outbound flight to Asia.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Italy
- 2 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 5 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 8 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 9 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 10 Barcelona alternative
- 11 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 14 Road trip with our dog
- 15 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 16 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 17 Driving through Paris
- 18 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 19 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 20 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 21 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 22 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 23 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 24 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 25 Lisbon