We are a family of 4 traveling to London from the US in early June. We need to go to Nottingham from Heathrow on day 1 and stay there for day 1 and 2. Then day 3 and 4 we want to do sightseeing in London (top ten sites of London). We want to stay in a family friendly hotel near Heathrow and travel to the tourist sites in London.
Here are my questions.
1. What is the best way to travel to London central from hotels near Heathrow? How long does this take?
2. How do we book tube tickets for all travel? Should this be done online ahead of time?
3. Is there any way to store luggage at Heathrow/ tube stations?
4. We plan to do this itinerary (http://www.londondrum.com/planner/two-days.php)
Are there any tickets for this that we should buy in advance?
5. Should we buy tickets for London Eye online?
6. Any recommendations on hotels near Heathrow (family safe)?
7. If we stay near Trafalgar Square what are some safe and clean budget hotels?
8. How much time do we need to reach Heathrow on day 5 from Trafalgar Square. We have an outbound flight to Asia.
Thanks in advance.
Requesting advice for London travel in early June
- 1 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 2 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 3 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 4 Traveling within Italy
- 5 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 8 Which travel plan?
- 9 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 10 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 11 Madrid to Sevilla
- 12 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 13 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 14 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 15 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 16 Going to Puglia, I hope
- 17 London at Easter
- 18 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 19 Prague - must see
- 20 Travel by train or bus
- 21 Car in Prague
- 22 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 23 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.