We are a family of 4 traveling to London from the US in early June. We need to go to Nottingham from Heathrow on day 1 and stay there for day 1 and 2. Then day 3 and 4 we want to do sightseeing in London (top ten sites of London). We want to stay in a family friendly hotel near Heathrow and travel to the tourist sites in London.
Here are my questions.
1. What is the best way to travel to London central from hotels near Heathrow? How long does this take?
2. How do we book tube tickets for all travel? Should this be done online ahead of time?
3. Is there any way to store luggage at Heathrow/ tube stations?
4. We plan to do this itinerary (http://www.londondrum.com/planner/two-days.php)
Are there any tickets for this that we should buy in advance?
5. Should we buy tickets for London Eye online?
6. Any recommendations on hotels near Heathrow (family safe)?
7. If we stay near Trafalgar Square what are some safe and clean budget hotels?
8. How much time do we need to reach Heathrow on day 5 from Trafalgar Square. We have an outbound flight to Asia.
Thanks in advance.
Requesting advice for London travel in early June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 2 Need advice on itinerary for Germany
- 3 Euronight Train from Munich to Budapest - doubts
- 4 Piedmont - Scenic Drive
- 5 Can you help me make calls in Italy?
- 6 What to buy in Prague, Vienna, or Budapest that we can't get in the US?
- 7 Ronda or Vejer de la Frontera?
- 8 Venice - boats on canals
- 9 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 10 Barcelona for single female
- 11 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 12 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 13 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 14 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 15 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 16 North Italy - need itinerary help please!
- 17 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 18 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 19 Help for San Sebastian
- 20 Newgrange to Galway
- 21 Has anyone used Waytostay.com for Paris rentals?
- 22 England in November - Comments on Itinerary?
- 23 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 24 Weekend in Paris
- 25 Ghent or Paris?