We are a family of 4 traveling to London from the US in early June. We need to go to Nottingham from Heathrow on day 1 and stay there for day 1 and 2. Then day 3 and 4 we want to do sightseeing in London (top ten sites of London). We want to stay in a family friendly hotel near Heathrow and travel to the tourist sites in London.
Here are my questions.
1. What is the best way to travel to London central from hotels near Heathrow? How long does this take?
2. How do we book tube tickets for all travel? Should this be done online ahead of time?
3. Is there any way to store luggage at Heathrow/ tube stations?
4. We plan to do this itinerary (http://www.londondrum.com/planner/two-days.php)
Are there any tickets for this that we should buy in advance?
5. Should we buy tickets for London Eye online?
6. Any recommendations on hotels near Heathrow (family safe)?
7. If we stay near Trafalgar Square what are some safe and clean budget hotels?
8. How much time do we need to reach Heathrow on day 5 from Trafalgar Square. We have an outbound flight to Asia.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 2 a few days in berlin and auschwitz?
- 3 Sardegna in Sept/Oct - please help!
- 4 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 5 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 6 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 7 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 8 Dinge B&B
- 9 Antwerp Tram
- 10 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 11 Day trip from Munich to Salzburg?
- 12 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 13 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 14 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 15 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 16 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 17 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 18 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 19 Alhambra
- 20 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 21 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 22 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 23 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 24 Gluten Free in Italy
- 25 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow