We are a family of 4 traveling to London from the US in early June. We need to go to Nottingham from Heathrow on day 1 and stay there for day 1 and 2. Then day 3 and 4 we want to do sightseeing in London (top ten sites of London). We want to stay in a family friendly hotel near Heathrow and travel to the tourist sites in London.
Here are my questions.
1. What is the best way to travel to London central from hotels near Heathrow? How long does this take?
2. How do we book tube tickets for all travel? Should this be done online ahead of time?
3. Is there any way to store luggage at Heathrow/ tube stations?
4. We plan to do this itinerary (http://www.londondrum.com/planner/two-days.php)
Are there any tickets for this that we should buy in advance?
5. Should we buy tickets for London Eye online?
6. Any recommendations on hotels near Heathrow (family safe)?
7. If we stay near Trafalgar Square what are some safe and clean budget hotels?
8. How much time do we need to reach Heathrow on day 5 from Trafalgar Square. We have an outbound flight to Asia.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 2 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 3 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 4 Referendum in Greece
- 5 cable cars at Wank Mountain
- 6 Switzeraland Iternary
- 7 10 days in spain
- 8 Need help for itinerary with 4 yr old
- 9 7 Days, 7 Counties, 3 Generations Southwest Sampler
- 10 Texans Take a Tour
- 11 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 12 Place to stay--Ring of Kerry and Aran Islands
- 13 Train Travel in Germany
- 14 barcelona
- 15 One night in Amsterdam?
- 16 Lunch near Sants station Barcelona
- 17 Barcelona Itinerary
- 18 Rome Walking Guide
- 19 Two-week itinerary, Barcelona + Madrid + Andalucia
- 20 Traveling around Castile-Leon
- 21 Naples?
- 22 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 23 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 24 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro
- 25 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary