I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 2 planning confusion
- 3 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 4 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 5 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 6 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 7 cash or plastic in Greece
- 8 Dublin transportation help
- 9 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 10 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 11 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 12 thermal hot springs near Cassis, France
- 13 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 14 Chef recommendations for Villa in Cortona, Italy
- 15 PDX customs 4/28, Spokane, boyfriend in NE Portland,
- 16 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 17 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 18 Shopping in Paris
- 19 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 20 North Carolinians Take Warning
- 21 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 22 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 23 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 24 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 25 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna