I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One free day in Barcelona
- 2 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 3 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 4 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 5 Sicily help
- 6 PARIS
- 7 Athens Help
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 Greek Village
- 10 "Too Much Cows"
- 11 Bordeaux to Nice
- 12 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 13 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 14 Thinking about the Fjords
- 15 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 16 Rome -- The next time around
- 17 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 18 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 19 Rome to Venice
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 22 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 23 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 24 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 25 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna