I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - We're Here!
- 2 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 3 Italy with my Teen daughters
- 4 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 5 Cappadocia in June
- 6 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 7 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 8 Majorca 9 days - change hotels during trip?
- 9 Krakow
- 10 Lisbon
- 11 Amsterdam
- 12 Travelling Iceland
- 13 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 14 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 15 Moscow Favorites
- 16 Couscous
- 17 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 18 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 19 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 20 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 21 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 22 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 23 Guided Vatican Tours
- 24 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 25 Sim card/Amsterdam
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna