I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 2 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 3 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 4 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 5 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 9 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 12 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 13 He said , she said
- 14 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 15 Munich with a car?
- 16 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 19 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 22 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Hair Straightener for Europe!