I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reykjavik hotels
- 2 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 3 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 4 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 5 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 6 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 7 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 8 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 9 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 10 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 11 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 12 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 13 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 14 Norway 2014
- 15 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 16 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 17 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 18 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 19 I dream of Europe
- 20 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 21 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 22 First Time to UK since 2001
- 23 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 24 Solo 55 year old female in Istanbul for 3.5 days mid-December
- 25 Backpacking Europe in the Winter