I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM nonsense: be prepared
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 4 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 5 Rail tickets
- 6 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 7 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 8 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 9 bath or york
- 10 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 11 Hotel room/Aptartment Recommendation for 5 in Paris
- 12 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 13 Three Centre Holiday, Italy
- 14 Hotel in Venice
- 15 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 16 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 17 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 18 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 19 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 20 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 21 Paris to Rome
- 22 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 23 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 24 London tube
- 25 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice