I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 2 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 3 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 4 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 5 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 6 Places to visit from Zurich
- 7 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 8 SURPRISE TRIP
- 9 Scotland itinerary advice
- 10 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 11 The DCC scam is spreading
- 12 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 13 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 14 Positano Hotel in September
- 15 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 16 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 17 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 18 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 19 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 20 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 21 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 22 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 23 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 24 Paris in August
- 25 Where To Find Adventure In Croatia?
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna