I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 3 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 Advises for trip to Russia
- 8 7 days in Andalucia
- 9 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 10 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 11 Planning a holiday
- 12 London at Easter
- 13 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 14 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 Traveling within Italy
- 17 To Paris and Provence in June
- 18 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 19 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 20 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 21 Madrid to Sevilla
- 22 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 23 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 24 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 25 Limo Transfers from Fiumicino Rome Airport