I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 2 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 3 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 4 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 5 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 6 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 7 Paris Under Seige...
- 8 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 9 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 10 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 11 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 12 Retiring to Southern France
- 13 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 14 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 15 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 16 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 17 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 18 Brief trip report Naples
- 19 Advices about our itiniary
- 20 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 21 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 22 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 23 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 24 Coach with driver rental, Puglia Italy
- 25 Private transportation
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna