I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 St Andrews or Edinburgh
- 3 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 4 Hungary itinerary Help
- 5 T Mobile Does it Again
- 6 Dolomites October 14-18
- 7 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 8 Lyon
- 9 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 10 European Championship
- 11 Road Trip - Genoa, Italy to Bordeaux, France
- 12 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 13 Italy by car
- 14 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 15 Tuscany: Which town(s) to stay in if main priorities are wine & food?
- 16 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 17 7 days St Moritz, Interlaken, Zermatt
- 18 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 19 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 20 12 days in Austria
- 21 Planning a 10 day Swiss and Austrian Tour
- 22 Itinerary Help
- 23 sim card
- 24 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 25 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna