I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich
- 2 Paris---baguette question???
- 3 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 4 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 5 Vienna or Budapest?
- 6 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 7 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 8 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 9 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 10 Italy/Greece with kids
- 11 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 12 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 13 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 14 10 day Greek Island trip
- 15 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 16 Portugal itinerary help
- 17 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 18 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 19 Lisbon NYE
- 20 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 21 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 22 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 23 English Countryside
- 24 Need help in travel planning
- 25 French immersion courses in France
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna