I am planning a 10 day holiday in mid-December - I will be flying from Atlanta - I am on a bit of a budget - so I am trying to figure out the best way to do this trip. I'd like to see the Christmas markets in Nuremburg, Regensberg, Rothenberg ob der Tauber, and then spend some time in the cafes and markets of Vienna. I plan to fly into Nuremburg or Vienna and fly out of the other (Nuremburg or Vienna).
1 Is it best to fly into Nuremburg vs Munich or Frankfurt? I thought so because Regensberg and Rothenberg ob der Tauber could be cheap and closer day trips.
2. What is the least expensive way to get to Vienna - AirBerlin has a $300 roundtrip flight. Is this reasonable, or should I get a train?
3. Experience-wise, have I chosen some of the best markets to see and experience?
I appreciate your help, as always. ~Saira
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary help!
- 2 Greece and Italy Combo
- 3 Help with basic itinerary
- 4 Trip to England next month - Itinerary Help needed
- 5 Final Four
- 6 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 7 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 8 Where are the Mods?
- 9 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 10 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 11 Advice on zermatt hotels
- 12 Visit to Engand
- 13 Cinqueterre
- 14 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 15 Can't get in to Cordoba....
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Sweden Midsummers Day
- 18 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 19 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 20 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 21 Cornwall UK
- 22 Choose between Nazare, Portugal or Merida, Spain
- 23 Prague, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest Help
- 24 Please help with planning Italian honeymoon
- 25 Short Trip to Paris
Request for help with Christmas market trip - Germany and Vienna