Dear fellow Fodorites,
Me and my 3 more buddies from Singapore are planning a trip down to the South of Spain upon completion of my military service to take a short breather before we go back to work.
About our interest
We are into ancient ruins, to check out the real cultural aspect of the south, the people and a bit of nature. It is a bit of a very ambitious trip , and we do not intend to be ambitious as Hannibal of Carthage of antiquity to cover too much ground but would like to cover a mix of small and big towns along the route of the journey.
About our logistics
Logistics wise, we arrive from Barcelona via speed train to Seville. We rent a car in Seville and return it in Seville after covering the south in a loop as per the itinerary mentioned below. Speed train back to Madrid where we fly off back home. Also to note we intend to stay out if possible in hostels or outdoors in tents and was wondering how the temperature will be like esp at night (since we are used to a temp of 25-32degrees back home).
About the plan
14th - 16th Barcelona (fixed)
17th - 18th Seville (here we want to rent a car on the 18th)
18th - 19th Codroba
20th - 21st Granada
21st - 22nd Marbella
22nd - 23nd Gibraltar
23rd - 24th Cadiz
24th - Visit Jerez de la Frontera enroute' to Sevilla
25th Return car in Sevilla
25th and 26th Madrid (fixed)
Appreciate your comments and critique on anything esp places and days we should drop or add as a reality check given the duration. Start point Barcelona 14th , depart Madrid 26th.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 2 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 6 Killarney
- 7 Madrid/Lisbon
- 8 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 9 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 10 Rome-Itinerary
- 11 Walking itinerary in England?
- 12 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 13 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 14 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 15 Ireland itinerary help please
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 18 Italy bus or train
- 19 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 20 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 21 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 22 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 23 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 24 Greek fuel cost
- 25 Day trips around Vienna
Dear fellow Fodorites,