My husband and I are off to Vienna next week and want to spend a day biking from Melk to Krems and visiting the wineries along the way. I have a few questions:
Do we have enough time to take the train from Vienna to Melk, tour the Abbey, bike along the river stopping at wineries as we go, stop in Durnstein to see the castle ruins, and end in Krems, or is that too much for one day? Also, question about renting bikes. Is it easier to rent in Vienna and take the bikes on the train with us or would it be possible to rent a Nextbike in Melk and drop off in Krems? My big concern with the second option is that there would be no bikes left in Melk and then we'd be out of options.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 6 Cascais or Algarve?
- 7 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 8 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 9 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 10 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 11 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 12 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 13 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 14 Azores
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 17 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 18 Scotland in 7 Days
- 19 Short Trip in July
- 20 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 21 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 22 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 23 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 24 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 25 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?