My husband and I are off to Vienna next week and want to spend a day biking from Melk to Krems and visiting the wineries along the way. I have a few questions:
Do we have enough time to take the train from Vienna to Melk, tour the Abbey, bike along the river stopping at wineries as we go, stop in Durnstein to see the castle ruins, and end in Krems, or is that too much for one day? Also, question about renting bikes. Is it easier to rent in Vienna and take the bikes on the train with us or would it be possible to rent a Nextbike in Melk and drop off in Krems? My big concern with the second option is that there would be no bikes left in Melk and then we'd be out of options.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 2 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 3 Milan and Lake Como
- 4 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 7 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 8 One week in Europe
- 9 Budapest to Kosice
- 10 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 11 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 12 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 13 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 14 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 15 Munich itinerary review
- 16 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 17 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 18 Switzerland in September
- 19 Where to eat in Rome?
- 20 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 21 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 22 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 23 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 24 AMS Car Rental
- 25 Posting Packages from Central Europe