My husband and I are off to Vienna next week and want to spend a day biking from Melk to Krems and visiting the wineries along the way. I have a few questions:
Do we have enough time to take the train from Vienna to Melk, tour the Abbey, bike along the river stopping at wineries as we go, stop in Durnstein to see the castle ruins, and end in Krems, or is that too much for one day? Also, question about renting bikes. Is it easier to rent in Vienna and take the bikes on the train with us or would it be possible to rent a Nextbike in Melk and drop off in Krems? My big concern with the second option is that there would be no bikes left in Melk and then we'd be out of options.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 3 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 4 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 5 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 6 "Never Mind"
- 7 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 8 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 9 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 10 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 11 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 12 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 13 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 14 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 17 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 18 First time in Bulgaria
- 19 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 20 Italian lakes
- 21 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 22 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 23 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 25 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg