My husband and I are off to Vienna next week and want to spend a day biking from Melk to Krems and visiting the wineries along the way. I have a few questions:
Do we have enough time to take the train from Vienna to Melk, tour the Abbey, bike along the river stopping at wineries as we go, stop in Durnstein to see the castle ruins, and end in Krems, or is that too much for one day? Also, question about renting bikes. Is it easier to rent in Vienna and take the bikes on the train with us or would it be possible to rent a Nextbike in Melk and drop off in Krems? My big concern with the second option is that there would be no bikes left in Melk and then we'd be out of options.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 2 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 3 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 4 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 7 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 8 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 9 Barcelona cooking classes
- 10 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 11 Naples, Italy
- 12 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 13 Where to buy Saffron?
- 14 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 15 Hotel in Vienna
- 16 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 17 English Countryside
- 18 Killarney National Park--Finding a canoe
- 19 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 22 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 23 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 24 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 25 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?