My husband and I are off to Vienna next week and want to spend a day biking from Melk to Krems and visiting the wineries along the way. I have a few questions:
Do we have enough time to take the train from Vienna to Melk, tour the Abbey, bike along the river stopping at wineries as we go, stop in Durnstein to see the castle ruins, and end in Krems, or is that too much for one day? Also, question about renting bikes. Is it easier to rent in Vienna and take the bikes on the train with us or would it be possible to rent a Nextbike in Melk and drop off in Krems? My big concern with the second option is that there would be no bikes left in Melk and then we'd be out of options.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BULLGUARD @Password Reset CONTACT ☎1: 800:681:7208 BULLGUARD Tec*h cAre
- 2 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 7 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 10 London with Teens Trip Report
- 11 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 12 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 13 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 16 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 17 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 18 Madrird and Seville
- 19 Greece
- 20 Ludwig Castles
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 23 Lake Como AREA questions
- 24 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 25 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?