My husband and I are off to Vienna next week and want to spend a day biking from Melk to Krems and visiting the wineries along the way. I have a few questions:
Do we have enough time to take the train from Vienna to Melk, tour the Abbey, bike along the river stopping at wineries as we go, stop in Durnstein to see the castle ruins, and end in Krems, or is that too much for one day? Also, question about renting bikes. Is it easier to rent in Vienna and take the bikes on the train with us or would it be possible to rent a Nextbike in Melk and drop off in Krems? My big concern with the second option is that there would be no bikes left in Melk and then we'd be out of options.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bellsouth Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 bellsouth Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Krakow
- 3 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 4 Venice/Mestre
- 5 Quizz !
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 Pay attention to your watches !
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 15 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 9 Days in Spain
- 18 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 19 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 20 Iceland early december visit
- 21 Zurich to Milan trip
- 22 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 23 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 24 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 25 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?