My husband and I, along with another couple (or two) are thinking about renting a villa and living the "Italian life" for a couple weeks......I have wanted to do this since reading "Under the Tuscan Sky"....Cordona? Could someone who has done this "villa" thing and loved it give us some suggestions?. We would like a place where we could walk into a small quaint village, have drinks, food, entertainment and walk back. But also, maybe close enough to catch bus/train to some sights/towns in the nearby cities......or should we rent a car? We have been to Italy several times but we have never done this......we would like to visit some wineries, attend a local church service,theater, etc., mingle with the locals.......thank sort of thing. Thanks for any tips!
Renting a villa in Tuscany and surrounding area
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a holiday
- 2 Europe with young teens
- 3 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 4 15 days in Europe,
- 5 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 11 Gogartys, Dublin
- 12 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 13 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 14 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 15 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 16 Advises for trip to Russia
- 17 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 18 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 19 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 20 Prague - must see
- 21 Sicily 10 days
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 23 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 24 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 25 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland