My husband and I, along with another couple (or two) are thinking about renting a villa and living the "Italian life" for a couple weeks......I have wanted to do this since reading "Under the Tuscan Sky"....Cordona? Could someone who has done this "villa" thing and loved it give us some suggestions?. We would like a place where we could walk into a small quaint village, have drinks, food, entertainment and walk back. But also, maybe close enough to catch bus/train to some sights/towns in the nearby cities......or should we rent a car? We have been to Italy several times but we have never done this......we would like to visit some wineries, attend a local church service,theater, etc., mingle with the locals.......thank sort of thing. Thanks for any tips!
Renting a villa in Tuscany and surrounding area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 2 Arc de Triumph Question
- 3 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 4 Greek ferries
- 5 Fashion for larger man?
- 6 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 7 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 8 german rail ticket question
- 9 Germany A'dam Belgium Itinerary Help
- 10 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 11 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 12 Prague flea markets
- 13 Madrid and London
- 14 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 15 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 16 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 17 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 18 Pegasus Airlines for domestic flights in Turkey. Luggage?
- 19 Monet in Normandy
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 22 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 23 Berlin flea markets during the week???
- 24 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 25 Trieste and Koper