I have a Verizon Droid Incredible. Verizon said when I called that this phone won't work on Italy's network, as they have a GSM network and this Droid is something different. (Sorry, not conversant with the terms.)
My confession is that I am addicted to my smartphone and if I have it with me, will not even need a laptop, which will save a lot of weight.
I just was on this summer in Italy website and saw a plug for http://www.cellularabroad.com/ Has anyone rented a smartphone from them? They have something calle "BLU" which looks kind of like a blackberry, and it is $79 for up to 14 days, but you have to buy a credit (they charge $26 USD for a 10 euro credit... um, maybe someone should let them know how far exchange rates have plunged???)
Anyway, here is another option: Verizon has a program for people traveling under 21 days to a country where they rent you a phone and a package. Probably will be about the same price - it looks on their website like 100MB is $25 plus voice is around $1.29 per minute. We mostly need the data, but it would be nice to have voice in case of emergency.
Has anyone tried either of these options?
Has anyone done this?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼실시간사이트 ≪접속주소 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Travelling Iceland
- 3 Seville to Cordoba
- 4 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 5 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 6 IWM
- 7 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 8 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 9 Amalfi Coast
- 10 Montserrat Express
- 11 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 12 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 13 3 nights in Madrid
- 14 London Hotel - Different Request
- 15 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 16 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 17 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 18 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 19 Itinery help Crete
- 20 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 21 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 22 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 23 Quite Possibly the Best Mobile Phone/SIM Deal
- 24 Help me make this possible!
- 25 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)