My husband and I will be traveling to Santorini, Mykonos and one other island (possibly Paros, Antiparos or Naxos) in June and we'd like to rent a small boat for the day in one (or more) of these places, instead of going on an organized boat tour (the idea of self-navigating the Caldera is heavenly!). We are both experienced boat operators. In Croatia, renting a small boat was easy to do without reserving one in advance, just walked down to the dock and 20 minutes later were off. Does anyone know whether this is possible in the Greek Isles? We don't need anything fancy; even a rib with a small outboard for the day would do. I located only one company online that offers this (Explorer 1) but I'd rather not book in advance unless it's necessary. We'd very much appreciate any advice on (a) whether such boat rentals are common in Santorini (or one of the other referenced islands); and (b) whether we should reserve something in advance?
Many thanks, and happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 4 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 where to stay in London?
- 8 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 9 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 10 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 11 Flamenco in October
- 12 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 13 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 14 4 days itinerary for France
- 15 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 16 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 17 getting to CDG
- 18 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 19 A Month stay in Southern France
- 20 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 21 Revised itinerary for italy
- 22 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 23 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 Hotel in Vienna
Renting a small boat for the day in Santorini or Mykonos (to self-drive)