We will be in Finland next summer. We would like to rent a cabin on a lake in Finland to experience the Finland that my grandparents experienced as children in Finland. (sauna, swimming, boating, etc). My husband and I don't speak Finnish, but when we took a car trip around Finland several years ago, it didn't seem to pose problems for us since most of the Finns spoke English. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Which lake? Agencies to rent cabins? Special events?, etc.
Renting a cottage in Finland's lake areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?
- 2 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 3 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 4 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 5 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 6 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 7 Tent camping in France, Spain and Portugal
- 8 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 9 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 10 Hotel in Rome?
- 11 Ukraine: witch-hunt has begun
- 12 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 13 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 14 Favorite hotels
- 15 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 16 Late night dinner in Menton?
- 17 9 Days In Ireland-Flying in and out of Shannon
- 18 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 19 Passport Delays
- 20 Travel to Romania Transilvania Tours
- 21 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 22 Message for Ackislander
- 23 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 24 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 25 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between