We will be in Finland next summer. We would like to rent a cabin on a lake in Finland to experience the Finland that my grandparents experienced as children in Finland. (sauna, swimming, boating, etc). My husband and I don't speak Finnish, but when we took a car trip around Finland several years ago, it didn't seem to pose problems for us since most of the Finns spoke English. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Which lake? Agencies to rent cabins? Special events?, etc.
Renting a cottage in Finland's lake areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 3 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 4 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 5 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 6 Shoe/boot help for Munich and Berlin
- 7 Is Venice really dirty?
- 8 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 9 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 10 italy - france - germany
- 11 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 12 Planning Europe trip
- 13 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 14 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 15 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 16 Authentic czech food
- 17 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 18 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 19 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 20 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 21 Kimhe--flamenco
- 22 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 23 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 24 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two