We will be in Finland next summer. We would like to rent a cabin on a lake in Finland to experience the Finland that my grandparents experienced as children in Finland. (sauna, swimming, boating, etc). My husband and I don't speak Finnish, but when we took a car trip around Finland several years ago, it didn't seem to pose problems for us since most of the Finns spoke English. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Which lake? Agencies to rent cabins? Special events?, etc.
Renting a cottage in Finland's lake areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 2 Olive Oil
- 3 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 4 Why I can't make train seat reservation from Dresden to Berlin
- 5 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 Transport Advice - Heathrow to Kings Cross St/Clink78
- 8 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 9 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 10 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 11 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 12 Itinerary for Germany, Italy and Austria
- 13 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 14 Transports in Santorini
- 15 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 16 Scotland Votes "No"
- 17 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 18 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 19 iDTGV Sales Open for Travel December 14 to March 29
- 20 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 21 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 22 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 23 Venice cruise terminal to San Marcos, and San Marcos to airport?
- 24 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 25 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?