We will be in Finland next summer. We would like to rent a cabin on a lake in Finland to experience the Finland that my grandparents experienced as children in Finland. (sauna, swimming, boating, etc). My husband and I don't speak Finnish, but when we took a car trip around Finland several years ago, it didn't seem to pose problems for us since most of the Finns spoke English. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Which lake? Agencies to rent cabins? Special events?, etc.
Renting a cottage in Finland's lake areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 2 Southwestern England
- 3 Apartments (via airbnb) or Hotels / B&Bs in Italy
- 4 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 5 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 6 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 7 London, Vienna, Prague - theater recommendations
- 8 Look for Itinerary Advice- Athens, Spetses, Hydra, Naxos, Santorini
- 9 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 10 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 11 Prague to Dubrovnik Itinerary Suggestions wanted
- 12 Drone video of the north of the Netherlands
- 13 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 14 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 15 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 16 Berlin: evening dining
- 17 bicycling garmisch oberammergau fussen
- 18 10-day Europe Trip (5-15June)
- 19 Immigration Procedures
- 20 In Paris on my own
- 21 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 22 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 23 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 24 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 25 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs