We will be in Finland next summer. We would like to rent a cabin on a lake in Finland to experience the Finland that my grandparents experienced as children in Finland. (sauna, swimming, boating, etc). My husband and I don't speak Finnish, but when we took a car trip around Finland several years ago, it didn't seem to pose problems for us since most of the Finns spoke English. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Which lake? Agencies to rent cabins? Special events?, etc.
Renting a cottage in Finland's lake areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 2 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 3 Pisa and Lucca in one day
- 4 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 5 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 6 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 7 Favorite things to do in London
- 8 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations
- 9 Altdorf/Schattdorf restaurant
- 10 Tipping in the UK
- 11 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 12 Where to go in Europe in early March
- 13 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 14 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 15 How to get to Plaka from Athens airport in the least expensive way?
- 16 7 countries in a month
- 17 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan Cadorna
- 18 hotels I recommend from my recent trip to Paris and Normandy
- 19 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 20 Museum Pass
- 21 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 22 Portugal
- 23 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 24 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 25 Piran to Venice via ferry