We will be in Finland next summer. We would like to rent a cabin on a lake in Finland to experience the Finland that my grandparents experienced as children in Finland. (sauna, swimming, boating, etc). My husband and I don't speak Finnish, but when we took a car trip around Finland several years ago, it didn't seem to pose problems for us since most of the Finns spoke English. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Which lake? Agencies to rent cabins? Special events?, etc.
Renting a cottage in Finland's lake areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St. Petersburg
- 2 Restaurants in San Sebastian
- 3 Private transfer from Oslo Cruise Port to the Airport with a half day tour
- 4 Student with no visa: Will I be denied re-entry into Germany???
- 5 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 6 Please suffer one more London travelcard question
- 7 Satisfying sweet tooth in Scotland
- 8 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 9 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 10 TR- A jaunt to Paris March 15
- 11 Madrid
- 12 Stops on a 1 week car tour from Athens
- 13 travel insurance
- 14 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 15 Minimum age to rent a hotel or hostel room
- 16 Transportation advice between Seville-Ronda, Granada-Cordoba
- 17 Help for Last 3 days in Ireland!! One of these days is Dublin!!
- 18 Euro Travel Quiz - # 1-A
- 19 Athens, Greece, hotel recommendations
- 20 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 21 Ideas on what to do for Granddaughter's 12th Birthday in London
- 22 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 23 Taormina & Mt Etna
- 24 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 25 Camino No-No