We will be in Finland next summer. We would like to rent a cabin on a lake in Finland to experience the Finland that my grandparents experienced as children in Finland. (sauna, swimming, boating, etc). My husband and I don't speak Finnish, but when we took a car trip around Finland several years ago, it didn't seem to pose problems for us since most of the Finns spoke English. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Which lake? Agencies to rent cabins? Special events?, etc.
Renting a cottage in Finland's lake areas
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 2 Good Hostals or Hotels Budget to Moderate
- 3 Aerofloat-safe or not?
- 4 Napoli logistics
- 5 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 6 Greece and Turkey
- 7 European Quiz: Tuesday # 67 - Seaside Resorts!
- 8 Bunratty vs Ulster American Folk Park
- 9 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 10 Paris, One night for a foodie
- 11 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 12 Hotel in Lisbon
- 13 buying souviners and art
- 14 Porto to Salamanca
- 15 Where to stay in Prague?
- 16 Looking for a Beach near Marseille Airport
- 17 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 18 Walking in Bologna
- 19 Sorrento - Positano- Amalfie- Revello- tour- by cab?
- 20 Should we take the Bernina Express or not? Other Suggestions??
- 21 Bordeaux - how many nights? and what else in a week in that area?
- 22 Travel by train in Poland?
- 23 Private driver: Dublin airport to Limerick
- 24 Sorrento-Positano-Amalfi-Ravello-Paestum in one day, is it possible?
- 25 Why does riding a bike make me think of French food?