I am travelling to Portugal on Friday, and booking a car from Porto airport for a few days.
I got onto the autoeurope.com website (http://www.autoeurope.com/) which I used for years, but it has been about 3 years since I booked a car.
Here is my concern.
When I booked through Autoeurope.com before, I recognized the car rental companies (Hertz, Alamo, Thrifty, Euopcar etc.).
Now they are offering me (in addition to above options): Goldcar, Drive4less, Drive&go,, and a couple of others that offer rates at HALF that of Thrifty’s.
I am a little suspicious – too much of a good deal? Have any of your used these companies, or even heard of them?
I have always had good service from Alamo, Hertz, Europcar, Avis, Budget etc. in my many travels, and would prefer reliable service rather than cheap.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 iPhone/Skype/ATM questions
- 2 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 3 Passenger van Rental in Milan
- 4 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 5 Sevilla lodging 3 adults 3 kids and things to do
- 6 Clean up spam
- 7 Ron Hoffberg, Prague Guide
- 8 Valencia, Spain
- 9 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 10 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 11 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 12 Small towns not too near Paris
- 13 Help with basic itinerary
- 14 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 15 credit and debit cards
- 16 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 17 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 18 Positano Surprise
- 19 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 20 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 21 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 22 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 23 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 24 Greece and Italy Combo
- 25 Cinqueterre