I am travelling to Portugal on Friday, and booking a car from Porto airport for a few days.
I got onto the autoeurope.com website (http://www.autoeurope.com/) which I used for years, but it has been about 3 years since I booked a car.
Here is my concern.
When I booked through Autoeurope.com before, I recognized the car rental companies (Hertz, Alamo, Thrifty, Euopcar etc.).
Now they are offering me (in addition to above options): Goldcar, Drive4less, Drive&go,, and a couple of others that offer rates at HALF that of Thrifty’s.
I am a little suspicious – too much of a good deal? Have any of your used these companies, or even heard of them?
I have always had good service from Alamo, Hertz, Europcar, Avis, Budget etc. in my many travels, and would prefer reliable service rather than cheap.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon trip report
- 2 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 3 Ireland in April
- 4 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 5 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 6 Driving in Italy?
- 7 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 8 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 9 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 10 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 11 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 12 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 13 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 14 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 15 Planning a European Trip
- 16 Scotland Trip
- 17 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 18 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 19 So much to do, so little time!
- 20 Tour of Northern Italy
- 21 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 22 Germany in December Trip Report
- 23 Naples, Italy
- 24 San Sebastian
- 25 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?