I am travelling to Portugal on Friday, and booking a car from Porto airport for a few days.
I got onto the autoeurope.com website (http://www.autoeurope.com/) which I used for years, but it has been about 3 years since I booked a car.
Here is my concern.
When I booked through Autoeurope.com before, I recognized the car rental companies (Hertz, Alamo, Thrifty, Euopcar etc.).
Now they are offering me (in addition to above options): Goldcar, Drive4less, Drive&go,, and a couple of others that offer rates at HALF that of Thrifty’s.
I am a little suspicious – too much of a good deal? Have any of your used these companies, or even heard of them?
I have always had good service from Alamo, Hertz, Europcar, Avis, Budget etc. in my many travels, and would prefer reliable service rather than cheap.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 2 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 5 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 6 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 7 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 8 Munich and....???
- 9 Can parking
- 10 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 13 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 14 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 15 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 16 magnified mirror
- 17 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 18 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 19 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Driving through Paris
- 21 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 22 San Sebastián
- 23 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 24 italy Cinque Terre
- 25 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald