Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Renting a Car in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for add on city
- 2 Peugeot 107--will my luggage be visible?
- 3 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 4 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 5 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 6 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 7 Conference trip to Netherlands; help me plan free time afterward
- 8 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 9 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 10 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 11 Has anyone traveled on Thalys without a "ticketless" barcode confirmation?
- 12 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 13 FAMILY VACATION, BERLIN.
- 14 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 15 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 16 Pre-paid Visa?
- 17 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 18 Traveling to Italy--Rome, Venice with teens
- 19 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 20 naples & pickpockets
- 21 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 22 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 23 Trip to Italy
- 24 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 25 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?