Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 2 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 3 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 4 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 5 tickets for Wimbledon
- 6 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 7 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 8 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 9 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 10 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 11 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 12 Italy in January?
- 13 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 14 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 15 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 16 Berlin to ?
- 17 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 18 Renting a car in Greece
- 19 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 20 Piedmont question
- 21 Insurance on rental car options
- 22 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 23 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 24 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 25 Sunday and Monday in Provence area