Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Accountant in Slovenia
- 3 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 6 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 9 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 10 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 11 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 12 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 13 Italy June 6-16
- 14 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 15 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 16 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Help us with our new sharing economy business
- 19 Long weekend in Albania
- 20 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 21 car rental
- 22 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 23 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 24 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 25 Munich and....???