Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Renting a Car in Italy
- 1 Driving from Bordeaux south into Spain- tips please!!
- 2 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 3 Cuenca or Toledo
- 4 Bernina Express and Lake Como
- 5 LONDON, UK...CENTRALLY LOCATED BOUTIQUE HOTEL MAY 2013
- 6 London in Spring.. a glimpse of Madeleine Albright
- 7 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 8 6.5 hour layover in Lisbon, Portugal
- 9 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 10 Places to stay for a tour of Normandy
- 11 semi escorted tours
- 12 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 13 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 14 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 15 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 16 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 17 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 18 Dining in Rapallo and Camogli
- 19 Parking in Florence, Italy
- 20 Barcelona day trips
- 21 Montepulciano faves
- 22 Going to London for the first time at the end of May ALONE
- 23 Three nights in London, two nights somewhere else, help?
- 24 car rental agency near train station in Firenze
- 25 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?