Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 4 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 5 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 6 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 9 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 10 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 11 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 14 Things to do in Brussels
- 15 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 16 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 17 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 18 Cont...@yahoo Mai** Sup **18884823831** Tech Sup PH NO ☛☎
- 19 Chilling in the Aeolian Islands
- 20 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 21 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 22 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 23 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 24 Madrid airport question
- 25 Overnight in Montpellier?