Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Juangfrau / mt
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 4 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 5 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 6 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 7 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 8 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 9 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 10 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Switzerland
- 15 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 16 Questions about Polish sights
- 17 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Ireland travel passport question
- 21 Italy
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Revised itinerary for italy
- 24 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 25 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!