Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 2 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 3 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 4 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 5 Rue des Rosiers
- 6 Italy museum tickets
- 7 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 8 Honeymoon in Greece & Norway April/May 2016
- 9 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 10 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 11 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 12 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 13 Help with air/train logistics in U.K.!
- 14 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 15 Shopping in Stockholm, Prague and Warsaw
- 16 What one thing in Paris?
- 17 Holiday in Austria
- 18 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 19 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 20 sfo to europe
- 21 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 22 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 23 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 Help Planning Spain Itinerary