Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Renting a Car in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin & Edinburgh - First timer!
- 2 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 3 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 4 Hotels that we found special
- 5 Crete for 3 weeks....but where?!
- 6 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 7 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 8 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 9 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 10 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 11 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 12 Too many Trip Reports
- 13 Great London Bars with a view
- 14 Rome Food Tour
- 15 Paris, Ile de France...and WHERE? 1st trip to France in June! Oh la la!
- 16 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 17 Art in Paris
- 18 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 19 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 20 Rental car while in Ireland
- 21 Taking a group to Istanbul: need advice
- 22 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 23 Roussillon, a photo essay
- 24 St Germain
- 25 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire