Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Renting a Car in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 2 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 3 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 4 Best cheap airport hotel/hostel in Madrid?
- 5 Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza - 1 week. Seeking lodging, itinerary suggestions.
- 6 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 7 Riga 2014
- 8 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 9 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 10 What area of Berlin is best for a first time visitor?
- 11 How Do I call the US from Italy?
- 12 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 13 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 14 Back home problems with sim card
- 15 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 16 Budapest
- 17 Bikerscott & Jamikins in Portugal 2010/2011
- 18 Budapest--baggage storage
- 19 Which hostel in Cinque Terre?
- 20 sim card for Prague, Budapest, and Vienna
- 21 Taxi in Rome from airport to city
- 22 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 23 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 24 Reviews on Adriatic Travel Agency?
- 25 How do you find French food?