Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Renting a Car in Italy
- 1 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 2 Spain - Andalucia
- 3 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 4 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 7 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 8 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 9 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 12 One more last question on Bayeux
- 13 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 14 Medieval Tallinn
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 21 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 22 Italian language schools
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 When to visit Provence updated info
- 25 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins