Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 2 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Shorts in South of France?
- 5 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 6 Lario Bus or taxi at Linate?
- 7 Which Day?
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 11 Trip to Hungary, Croatia, Prague May 2018
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 Europe itinerary help!
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 18 Les Invalides Night Show
- 19 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 20 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 21 Best Greek Island
- 22 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 23 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 24 Corsica and Sardinia
- 25 3 weeks italy itinerary