Was looking for some advice on renting a car in Italy. Flying to Rome from Barcelona and I realize we will not need (and do not want) to drive in Rome. But we are planning on heading down to Positano and then somewhere in Calabria, probably Tropea, and I was wondering if you guys think it would be best to drive. I think it would be fun and also would get to check out Reggio Calabria a bit more (my family is from there). Any information about renting would be appreciated. If we rented from Rome would we be able to drop the car off in a different city? Or would we need to bring it back to Rome? We will probably fly home from Rome so that is not a problem but I just am double checking. Is it difficult to navigate? Has anyone made a similar drive? I have never rented a car outside of North America before.
Renting a Car in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 2 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 3 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 6 hotels in Seville
- 7 Sicily Suggetions
- 8 car rental companies Italy
- 9 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 10 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 11 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 12 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 13 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 14 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 15 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 16 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 17 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 18 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 19 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 20 Mykonos Grand, Cavo Tagoo, Saint Johns, Belvedere or Grace?
- 21 Paris in April?
- 22 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 23 Three days in Spain
- 24 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt