I've been doing some car rental research for my upcoming 10-day trip to Ireland and it can give you a headache quite easily! I'm travelling with 2 friends; we fly into Dublin, and planned to stay there a couple of days before renting a car to explore some of the rest of the country (itinerary still being discussed). We were thinking we'd return to Dublin the day before we depart back to the US. Is it worth looking into renting a car from Dublin city center, or would it be easier to go back to the airport? Any thoughts on which would be less expensive, better experience, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ballet Bolshoi
- 2 Le Marche, Italy
- 3 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 4 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 5 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 6 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 7 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 8 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 9 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 10 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 11 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 12 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 13 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 14 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 15 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 16 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 17 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 18 Trains France/Switzerland
- 19 fear of driving in rome!
- 20 Italy trains question
- 21 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 22 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 23 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 24 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 25 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?