I've been doing some car rental research for my upcoming 10-day trip to Ireland and it can give you a headache quite easily! I'm travelling with 2 friends; we fly into Dublin, and planned to stay there a couple of days before renting a car to explore some of the rest of the country (itinerary still being discussed). We were thinking we'd return to Dublin the day before we depart back to the US. Is it worth looking into renting a car from Dublin city center, or would it be easier to go back to the airport? Any thoughts on which would be less expensive, better experience, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 2 Quizz !
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 6 Christmas Day in Granada
- 7 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 8 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 9 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 10 Schengen Rule
- 11 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 12 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 13 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 14 Zurich to Milan trip
- 15 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 16 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 19 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Pay attention to your watches !
- 22 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 23 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 24 Venice/Mestre
- 25 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?