I've been doing some car rental research for my upcoming 10-day trip to Ireland and it can give you a headache quite easily! I'm travelling with 2 friends; we fly into Dublin, and planned to stay there a couple of days before renting a car to explore some of the rest of the country (itinerary still being discussed). We were thinking we'd return to Dublin the day before we depart back to the US. Is it worth looking into renting a car from Dublin city center, or would it be easier to go back to the airport? Any thoughts on which would be less expensive, better experience, etc.?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 2 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 3 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 4 Keukenhof in May?
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 tickets for Wimbledon
- 7 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 10 Insurance on rental car options
- 11 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 12 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 13 Istanbul at Easter
- 14 Happy birthday ATM
- 15 Renting a car in Greece
- 16 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 17 24 hours in Paris
- 18 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 19 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 20 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 21 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 22 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 23 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 24 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 25 Hotel Recommendations in Paris
Renting a car in Ireland - pick up/off at Dublin airport or city center?