Has anyone here had experience with renting a car in Europe (Spain or Portugal most specifically) with only a photocopy of their valid license? Plus other documentation like passport, etc
Thank you in advance. I've searched everywhere online and can only find resources that tell U.K folks how to get a sort of 'approved to drive' doc officially faxed to rental company for a small fee, but no info for U.S folks (that's me)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 9 Days in Spain
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 5 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 6 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 9 Paris to Italy
- 10 Driving through Paris
- 11 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 12 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 13 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 14 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Road trip with our dog
- 18 Frankfurt to UK
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 21 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 22 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 23 Electrical Power Conversion
- 24 Douro Valley in January?
- 25 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
Renting a Car in Europe Without Physical Copy of Driver's License