My mother and I are flying into Paris and flying out through Barcelona. We're going to explore Provence and travel south to Spain. We'll obviously need to rent a car and drop it off along the way somewhere, but we haven't figured out where. We are also looking forward to riding the train whenever we can.
My question is: Can we (and should we) rent a car in France and drop it off in Spain, or will the cost be much more exorbitant than just taking the train from Marseilles or another town?
THANKS for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 2 Connection time in Athens?
- 3 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 4 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 5 Ludwig Castles
- 6 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 7 Escorted Tours
- 8 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 9 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 10 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 11 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 12 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 15 2 Months in Sicily
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 What tips can you give about packing?
- 18 Le Marche, Italy
- 19 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 20 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 21 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 22 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 23 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 24 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 25 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik