My husband is takingn me to paris for my 40th birthday/15 yr wedding anniversary. Were going for just 5 nights but promised him a day trip to Normandy. I suggested the train but he's rather drive as a friend told him it was pleasant and scenic.
That said - I know about train travel but clueless on car rental. Do I make the rental reservation from the states? Will I have to go to the airport to pick up the car? Will I pass through the town of bayeux as I'd like to sneak in the tapestries. Help! Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 4 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 7 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 8 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 9 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 10 Sicily
- 11 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 12 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 13 car for four adults and four bikes
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 16 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 19 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 20 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 21 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 22 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 23 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 24 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 25 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)