We have begun in earnest to dream, talk, hypothesize, and speculate about being able to return to France next summer, 2015,---specifically to Burgundy----and what better place to look for ideas than here at Fodor's? The timing would be early June.
My husband loves (loves loves) pinot noir and is enchanted with the notion of terroir... and his dream is to stay on a working winery or set amidst (or adjacent to, or with a view of) vineyards. I also plan to look through VRBO, but would love to know of any recommendations you all have as well. Also any advice on which part of Burgundy is much appreciated.
We will be with the 2 kids (girls, 12 and 9), and no grandparents on this trip, so no built in babysitters—so we don't plan to partake of winery tours and wine-tasting. Just good, relaxing family time set amidst French vineyards.
--We like to cook (and want to partake of the local markets) so a functional kitchen is a must.
---Walking proximity to a village would be a nice feature, especially if the property is particularly charming.
---Then again, I'm not opposed to being out in the countryside a car ride to pastries and wine shops.
---2 bedrooms would be ideal.
---A yard the kids can go into, or park nearby, or walking or biking trails nearby would be good for the children. (This would of course be mitigated if it were part of a village we could get out into and explore.)
---In the Loire Valley our last trip, we found several great bike trails and rented bikes a couple times. Are there safe (off main road) bike paths in Burgundy such as they have in the Loire Valley? We'll travel with our helmets because we'll be visiting the Loire again on this trip... we'd love to find something similar in Burgundy.
As far as what part of Burgundy to stay, I'm completely open to suggestions. We'll have a car.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎1:844:669:7811 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 KODAK@ printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h CAre 24/7
- 3 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 4 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 5 Italy in January?
- 6 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 7 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 8 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 9 Iceland rental camper company
- 10 retruning to US with souveniers
- 11 BELLSOUTH Password Reset CONTACT ☎1: 800:681:7208 BELLSOUTH Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 12 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 13 Iceland car rental agencies
- 14 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 19 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 20 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 21 10 days in London in early December
- 22 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 23 Berlin to ?
- 24 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 25 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France