My sister and I (both in 50s) are travelling for a week from Amsterdam to Zurich to Siena and back to Amsterdam. We are considering renting a car for this trip and looking at mapquest driving directions it looks as though it is doable. I don't mind driving but I am a little nervous about some of the crazy-sounding drivers in Italy. The train seems too expensive. Does anyone have experience driving in these areas and making a trip like this in 7 days? Are we crazy to try it?
Rental car travel from Amsterdam to Italy and back
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 2 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 3 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 4 Five nights in Extremadura
- 5 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 6 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 7 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 8 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 9 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 10 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 11 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 12 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 13 Stonehenge and Bath
- 14 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 15 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 16 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 17 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 18 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 19 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 20 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 21 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 22 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 23 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 24 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia