My sister and I (both in 50s) are travelling for a week from Amsterdam to Zurich to Siena and back to Amsterdam. We are considering renting a car for this trip and looking at mapquest driving directions it looks as though it is doable. I don't mind driving but I am a little nervous about some of the crazy-sounding drivers in Italy. The train seems too expensive. Does anyone have experience driving in these areas and making a trip like this in 7 days? Are we crazy to try it?
Rental car travel from Amsterdam to Italy and back
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 6 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 7 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 8 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 9 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 10 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 11 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 12 A drive in Europe
- 13 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 14 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 15 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 16 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 17 nearby cities to london
- 18 Hotel in Venice
- 19 9 days in turkey
- 20 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 21 7 days in Greece
- 22 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 23 Itinerary Check- London, Paris, Rome
- 24 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 25 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do