My sister and I (both in 50s) are travelling for a week from Amsterdam to Zurich to Siena and back to Amsterdam. We are considering renting a car for this trip and looking at mapquest driving directions it looks as though it is doable. I don't mind driving but I am a little nervous about some of the crazy-sounding drivers in Italy. The train seems too expensive. Does anyone have experience driving in these areas and making a trip like this in 7 days? Are we crazy to try it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro Question
- 2 First Europe Trip... To cram or not to cram?
- 3 Taking wine home from France
- 4 Palace of the Popes
- 5 Hertz "exact model" rental Paris
- 6 October too late for the Italian lakes?
- 7 COBH to BUNRATTY TRAIN?
- 8 electrical adaptor plugs
- 9 buying Eruos in advance
- 10 Help & advice on trip to Scotland
- 11 Why should I go to Norway in Oct?
- 12 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?
- 13 One Week France, Mid Oct, after Paris
- 14 Shannon airport to Galway
- 15 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 16 8 days in Ireland. Dublin to Shannon.
- 17 Traveling alone to France, Netherlands and Germany!
- 18 taxi at the CDG airport
- 19 Just a wedding in Sofia, Bulgary
- 20 Perugia Italy driving
- 21 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 22 Balkans Itinerary Part 2 - Extra Week
- 23 Burgundy beyond wine-france
- 24 Trying to find an inexpensive smart phone that will work in France
- 25 Beer trip around Belgium...anyone interested/got any advice?