My sister and I (both in 50s) are travelling for a week from Amsterdam to Zurich to Siena and back to Amsterdam. We are considering renting a car for this trip and looking at mapquest driving directions it looks as though it is doable. I don't mind driving but I am a little nervous about some of the crazy-sounding drivers in Italy. The train seems too expensive. Does anyone have experience driving in these areas and making a trip like this in 7 days? Are we crazy to try it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 2 Liberty print dresses in London?
- 3 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 4 Paris Under Seige...
- 5 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 6 COP 21 transportation disruptions 29-30 November 2015
- 7 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 8 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 9 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 10 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 11 Private transportation
- 12 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 13 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 14 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 15 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 16 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 17 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 18 Lufth on strike 26-28 nov
- 19 Global Travel Warning...
- 20 WORLD'S TRUSTED NO. 1 SPELL CASTER+27791897218 PROFESSOR SIPHO
- 21 Belgian govt terror alert: Avoid malls, concerts & trains
- 22 Highclere Castle(Downton Abbey) tours, UK
- 23 Advices about our itiniary
- 24 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 25 A week in Burgundy