My sister and I (both in 50s) are travelling for a week from Amsterdam to Zurich to Siena and back to Amsterdam. We are considering renting a car for this trip and looking at mapquest driving directions it looks as though it is doable. I don't mind driving but I am a little nervous about some of the crazy-sounding drivers in Italy. The train seems too expensive. Does anyone have experience driving in these areas and making a trip like this in 7 days? Are we crazy to try it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 holiday problem in Budapest
- 2 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 3 Provence to Nice driving
- 4 When and how to book for a trip?
- 5 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 6 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 7 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 8 Sicily or Rome
- 9 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 10 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 11 Wine Tours from Pienza
- 12 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 13 Lake Como by travel around by sailboat?
- 14 Lake Como - basta!
- 15 Advice on Renting a Car in Italy
- 16 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 17 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 18 Italy
- 19 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 20 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 21 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 22 German Train travel
- 23 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 24 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 25 Westin Palace Hotel in Madrid