My sister and I (both in 50s) are travelling for a week from Amsterdam to Zurich to Siena and back to Amsterdam. We are considering renting a car for this trip and looking at mapquest driving directions it looks as though it is doable. I don't mind driving but I am a little nervous about some of the crazy-sounding drivers in Italy. The train seems too expensive. Does anyone have experience driving in these areas and making a trip like this in 7 days? Are we crazy to try it?
Rental car travel from Amsterdam to Italy and back
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 2 London hotel tax is 20%
- 3 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 4 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 5 Aaah...Umbria!
- 6 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 7 Cheap way to go from milan to munich, Salzburg, Berlin then back to milan
- 8 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 9 Ghent or Paris?
- 10 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 11 Weather in the dolomites
- 12 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 13 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 14 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 15 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 16 Help for San Sebastian
- 17 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 18 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 19 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 20 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 21 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 22 Portugal - Coastal Guidance
- 23 German Rail Pass Questions
- 24 Timing for Lavender Fields in Provence for 2015 Trip
- 25 Provence : So many places too little time