My sister and I (both in 50s) are travelling for a week from Amsterdam to Zurich to Siena and back to Amsterdam. We are considering renting a car for this trip and looking at mapquest driving directions it looks as though it is doable. I don't mind driving but I am a little nervous about some of the crazy-sounding drivers in Italy. The train seems too expensive. Does anyone have experience driving in these areas and making a trip like this in 7 days? Are we crazy to try it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 2 Globus Iberian Tour
- 3 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 4 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 5 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 6 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 7 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 8 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 9 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 10 Poland to Austria In December
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 12 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 13 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 14 Thinking about the Fjords
- 15 Tracking the Weather
- 16 Shorts in South of France?
- 17 2 weeks in the Balkans
- 18 Spain: train/rental car help
- 19 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 20 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 21 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 22 Alsace to Austria?
- 23 UK in May and June
- 24 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 25 Bath/Cotswolds