My sister and I (both in 50s) are travelling for a week from Amsterdam to Zurich to Siena and back to Amsterdam. We are considering renting a car for this trip and looking at mapquest driving directions it looks as though it is doable. I don't mind driving but I am a little nervous about some of the crazy-sounding drivers in Italy. The train seems too expensive. Does anyone have experience driving in these areas and making a trip like this in 7 days? Are we crazy to try it?
Rental car travel from Amsterdam to Italy and back
- 1 Dresden Train Station
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 4 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 5 Italian Lakes gardens
- 6 More help with housing in Puglia
- 7 Spain - Andalucia
- 8 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 9 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 10 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 11 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 12 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 21 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 22 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 23 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 24 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia