My sister and I (both in 50s) are travelling for a week from Amsterdam to Zurich to Siena and back to Amsterdam. We are considering renting a car for this trip and looking at mapquest driving directions it looks as though it is doable. I don't mind driving but I am a little nervous about some of the crazy-sounding drivers in Italy. The train seems too expensive. Does anyone have experience driving in these areas and making a trip like this in 7 days? Are we crazy to try it?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 2 Help! Suggestions for Italian itinerary
- 3 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 4 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 5 La Scala Opera Tickets
- 6 Naxos hotel question
- 7 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 8 Munich hotel near the Christmas Village late November
- 9 Rental car, Germany to Czech Republic
- 10 Should we go to Vienna?
- 11 Visiting Carcassonne without a car
- 12 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 13 Family trip to Spain: Barcelona, Seville and San Sebastian
- 14 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 15 Renting a car
- 16 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 17 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 18 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 19 February in Florence
- 20 Cheap Hotel in Prague
- 21 Restaurant week in France
- 22 Greenland: Photos of Midnight Sun Iceberg Kayaking
- 23 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 Transfer in CDG - claim our baggage & do passport control??