Renting a car in France and we will be driving extensively. Initially thought we would use the insurance through our credit card, CDW. We read the liability is included in the cost of your rental as that is required by law in France. Since then I've read more of the 'cons' to using the credit card insurance with recommendations to use 'travel insurance' for your coverage. At first I thought it was six of one, half dozen of another.......now I'm questioning our decision. Any good information or strong opinions on this that I should know?
Rental car insurance
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas in Paris was fantastic!
- 2 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 5 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 6 Lake como
- 7 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 8 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 9 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 10 Place to propose
- 11 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 12 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 13 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 14 Prague Main Train Station
- 15 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 16 Prague, Salzburg and Innsbruck
- 17 Three for the road
- 18 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 19 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 20 Make time for the Rhine and Mosel Valleys?
- 21 Itinerary Questions
- 22 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 23 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 24 British drivers
- 25 Portugal in September