Renting a car in France and we will be driving extensively. Initially thought we would use the insurance through our credit card, CDW. We read the liability is included in the cost of your rental as that is required by law in France. Since then I've read more of the 'cons' to using the credit card insurance with recommendations to use 'travel insurance' for your coverage. At first I thought it was six of one, half dozen of another.......now I'm questioning our decision. Any good information or strong opinions on this that I should know?
Rental car insurance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for Geneva-6 days
- 2 Revisiting London in March 2014
- 3 Paris to Avignon by Train
- 4 Extended European travel
- 5 New ideas for Montepulciano area
- 6 Rome Itinerary Critique
- 7 Zip line near Fussen/Garmish Partenkirchen ?
- 8 Trip report of our visit to southern Germany
- 9 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 10 Lucerne day trips
- 11 Two glorious weeks in the southern Iberian peninsula!
- 12 Need suggestions on itinerary - Booked for Germany -19 days in August, wish to travel around Europe
- 13 A little wine tasting long weekend France and Germany
- 14 Taking a group of 5 students to Paris!
- 15 Cruise Stop in Le Havre 2 days - Want to visit Paris
- 16 Vineyard tours, Sept. Burgos or Leon area
- 17 Putting together a plan for Honeymoon in Greece for June/July 2015!
- 18 Dordogne & Languedoc - Gorges, Castles & Caves Itinerary Need Help Please
- 19 Last minute change of plans - where to go in August?
- 20 June and July rain in Switzerland?
- 21 Greece/Turkey - What would you do?
- 22 Hotel Rules in Europe?? Help!!
- 23 Sights to not miss in Stockholm
- 24 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 25 Late night train from Prague