We are planning a trip to France and Italy for next year and I believe we have settled on the following itinerary:
Fly into Venice
3 nights Venice
7 nights Tuscany (agriturismo outside of Sienna)
2 nights Lucca
2 nights Nice
7 nights Antibes
Fly out of Nice
Travelers are me, my husband and our 9-year old twins. My husband and I have been to Italy and France before (mostly Italy). This will be the kids' first trip.
We want a car in Tuscany, but I've read a fair amount about this and don't want a car in Lucca, Nice or on the Cote d'Azur (because it sounds like we can get around fine without one and so we'd like to save the money). The thing is, we want to visit Pisa when we stay over in Lucca. So my questions are where should we pick up a car? And where should we drop it off? I think the kids would enjoy taking a train south from Venice for a while and I don't see the need to drive all the way from there to Tuscany. I don't want to go into Florence to pick up a car.
Lastly, I've neve rented a car in Italy before. Any general advice or warnings?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노№【RAM300.COM】№ 강원랜드 카지노 이용방법
- 2 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 3 Greek Islands (small)
- 4 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 5 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 6 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 7 Flat in London
- 8 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 9 Help required with Itinerary
- 10 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 11 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 14 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 15 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 16 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 17 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 18 Skye to Edinburgh
- 19 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 20 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 21 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 22 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 23 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 24 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 25 UK Visa Help