We are planning a trip to France and Italy for next year and I believe we have settled on the following itinerary:
Fly into Venice
3 nights Venice
7 nights Tuscany (agriturismo outside of Sienna)
2 nights Lucca
2 nights Nice
7 nights Antibes
Fly out of Nice
Travelers are me, my husband and our 9-year old twins. My husband and I have been to Italy and France before (mostly Italy). This will be the kids' first trip.
We want a car in Tuscany, but I've read a fair amount about this and don't want a car in Lucca, Nice or on the Cote d'Azur (because it sounds like we can get around fine without one and so we'd like to save the money). The thing is, we want to visit Pisa when we stay over in Lucca. So my questions are where should we pick up a car? And where should we drop it off? I think the kids would enjoy taking a train south from Venice for a while and I don't see the need to drive all the way from there to Tuscany. I don't want to go into Florence to pick up a car.
Lastly, I've neve rented a car in Italy before. Any general advice or warnings?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy in January?
- 2 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 3 10 days in London in early December
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 6 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 7 Berlin to ?
- 8 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 9 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 10 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 11 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 14 Scotland in December
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 18 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 19 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 20 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 21 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 22 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 23 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 24 Iceland
- 25 Greece