My wife and I are flying into Munich and taking the train to Salzburg. After we have finished our time in Salzburg, we plan to take the bus to Berchtesgaden for several days. We would like to rent a car there so we can travel around the area. On our way back to Munich, we plan to stop to see Herrenchiemsee. My question is should we rent the car in Salzburg instead of taking the bus and return the car there (to avoid drop off fee in another country) before taking the train back to Munich? I don't know what to expect during Octoberfest in Munich in terms of traffic. Or is there somewhere where we can drop the car somewhere just outside Munich and stay with the plan of renting in Berchtesgaden?
Rental Car in Bavaria
- 1 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 2 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 3 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 4 Paris Ticket t+
- 5 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013
- 6 Best area to stay in Rome
- 7 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 8 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 9 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 10 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 11 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 12 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 13 Russia visa denials
- 14 Help with planning a trip to Turkey
- 15 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 16 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 17 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 18 Am I too fat too travel?
- 19 Crete in April
- 20 Finding Somene to Share the Cost of Car Rental with Driver to Tour Southern Tusacany in Mid Oct 2013
- 21 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 22 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 23 Paris to Nice or to Cassis on september?
- 24 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 25 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.