My wife and I are flying into Munich and taking the train to Salzburg. After we have finished our time in Salzburg, we plan to take the bus to Berchtesgaden for several days. We would like to rent a car there so we can travel around the area. On our way back to Munich, we plan to stop to see Herrenchiemsee. My question is should we rent the car in Salzburg instead of taking the bus and return the car there (to avoid drop off fee in another country) before taking the train back to Munich? I don't know what to expect during Octoberfest in Munich in terms of traffic. Or is there somewhere where we can drop the car somewhere just outside Munich and stay with the plan of renting in Berchtesgaden?
Rental Car in Bavaria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 2 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 3 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 4 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 5 9 days in turkey
- 6 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 7 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 8 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 9 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Nice Video about Poland
- 12 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 13 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 14 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 15 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 16 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 17 Estonia Amber
- 18 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 19 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 20 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 21 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 22 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 23 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 24 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 25 Burg Eltz