My wife and I are flying into Munich and taking the train to Salzburg. After we have finished our time in Salzburg, we plan to take the bus to Berchtesgaden for several days. We would like to rent a car there so we can travel around the area. On our way back to Munich, we plan to stop to see Herrenchiemsee. My question is should we rent the car in Salzburg instead of taking the bus and return the car there (to avoid drop off fee in another country) before taking the train back to Munich? I don't know what to expect during Octoberfest in Munich in terms of traffic. Or is there somewhere where we can drop the car somewhere just outside Munich and stay with the plan of renting in Berchtesgaden?
Rental Car in Bavaria
- 1 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 2 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 3 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 4 Rooms in Sorrento & Rome
- 5 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 6 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 7 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 8 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 9 Zurich to Montreux to Paris round trip - drive or train??
- 10 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem
- 11 Norway, Sweden, but have to make it to Marseille
- 12 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 13 Connection in Newark EWR
- 14 Battlefield Tour
- 15 If an AirBerlin flight arrives in Rome at 11:30 ...
- 16 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 17 Language Immersion Courses in France
- 18 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 19 5 days in Ireland, what can I fit in?!
- 20 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 21 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 22 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 23 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 24 Edinburgh
- 25 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris