My wife and I are flying into Munich and taking the train to Salzburg. After we have finished our time in Salzburg, we plan to take the bus to Berchtesgaden for several days. We would like to rent a car there so we can travel around the area. On our way back to Munich, we plan to stop to see Herrenchiemsee. My question is should we rent the car in Salzburg instead of taking the bus and return the car there (to avoid drop off fee in another country) before taking the train back to Munich? I don't know what to expect during Octoberfest in Munich in terms of traffic. Or is there somewhere where we can drop the car somewhere just outside Munich and stay with the plan of renting in Berchtesgaden?
Rental Car in Bavaria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 2 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 3 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 4 Scotland Votes "No"
- 5 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 8 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 9 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 10 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 11 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 12 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 13 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 14 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 15 White Christmas
- 16 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Gtg San Antonio
- 19 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 20 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 21 Two weeks Verona, Bologna and Venice - time for other day trips?
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Gift for French business associate
- 24 Wine tour from Verona?
- 25 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?