My wife and I are flying into Munich and taking the train to Salzburg. After we have finished our time in Salzburg, we plan to take the bus to Berchtesgaden for several days. We would like to rent a car there so we can travel around the area. On our way back to Munich, we plan to stop to see Herrenchiemsee. My question is should we rent the car in Salzburg instead of taking the bus and return the car there (to avoid drop off fee in another country) before taking the train back to Munich? I don't know what to expect during Octoberfest in Munich in terms of traffic. Or is there somewhere where we can drop the car somewhere just outside Munich and stay with the plan of renting in Berchtesgaden?
Rental Car in Bavaria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 2 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 3 Air pollution in Paris
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 6 Nice or Marseille??
- 7 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 8 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 9 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 10 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 11 Dresden or Leipzig
- 12 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 13 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 14 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 15 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 16 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 17 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 18 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 19 ACP Rail -- any info?
- 20 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 21 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 22 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 23 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 24 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 25 20 days in Germany