My wife and I are flying into Munich and taking the train to Salzburg. After we have finished our time in Salzburg, we plan to take the bus to Berchtesgaden for several days. We would like to rent a car there so we can travel around the area. On our way back to Munich, we plan to stop to see Herrenchiemsee. My question is should we rent the car in Salzburg instead of taking the bus and return the car there (to avoid drop off fee in another country) before taking the train back to Munich? I don't know what to expect during Octoberfest in Munich in terms of traffic. Or is there somewhere where we can drop the car somewhere just outside Munich and stay with the plan of renting in Berchtesgaden?
Rental Car in Bavaria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 2 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 3 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 4 Budapest hotels - Ibis Heroes or Ibis Budapest City
- 5 London sites - skipping the queue?
- 6 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 7 London 2nd time around
- 8 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 9 Edinburgh - outings?
- 10 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 11 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 12 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 13 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 14 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 15 What to wear
- 16 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 17 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 18 London Pass - Available through AAA?
- 19 Disneyland Paris transportation
- 20 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 21 7 Nights in Paris
- 22 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 23 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 24 Istanbul Itinerary
- 25 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person