My wife and I are flying into Munich and taking the train to Salzburg. After we have finished our time in Salzburg, we plan to take the bus to Berchtesgaden for several days. We would like to rent a car there so we can travel around the area. On our way back to Munich, we plan to stop to see Herrenchiemsee. My question is should we rent the car in Salzburg instead of taking the bus and return the car there (to avoid drop off fee in another country) before taking the train back to Munich? I don't know what to expect during Octoberfest in Munich in terms of traffic. Or is there somewhere where we can drop the car somewhere just outside Munich and stay with the plan of renting in Berchtesgaden?
Rental Car in Bavaria
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 2 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 3 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 4 history museums or locations
- 5 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 7 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 8 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean
- 9 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 10 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 11 Good times in Munich, the city
- 12 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 13 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 14 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 15 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 16 Lake Como transportation questions
- 17 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 18 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 19 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 20 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 21 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 22 By train to and out of Prague
- 23 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 24 Cylades Island Hopping
- 25 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)