On April 23, my husband and I were planning on renting car in Kayeseri after flying in from Istanbul. Spend 4 nights and drive southwest to Antalya then work way up to Selcuk , drop car off airport at Izmir and fly back to Istanbul. I will have 15 days plus 2 separate days for flying, 17 in all. Someone is trying to suggest I rent car for time in Cappadocia then fly to Antalya, rent car , return it there and fly to Izmir , rent car for that area drop it back at Izmir and fly to Istanbul. The reason given is that this would be cheaper than paying for all the fuel when renting a car and driving distances in between. Is this a realistic suggestion. We are in our late fifties and ease is important.
Rent car or fly doing circuit from Cappadocia southwest Antalya to Izmir
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rocamaxour
- 2 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 3 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 4 South of Switzerland
- 5 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 6 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 7 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 10 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 11 Itinerary for Spain
- 12 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 13 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 14 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 15 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 16 2 different itineraries
- 17 Recommend a tour company?
- 18 Itinerary help
- 19 England in 7 days
- 20 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 21 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 22 Day Trips from Paris
- 23 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?
- 24 Spanish Music
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth