On April 23, my husband and I were planning on renting car in Kayeseri after flying in from Istanbul. Spend 4 nights and drive southwest to Antalya then work way up to Selcuk , drop car off airport at Izmir and fly back to Istanbul. I will have 15 days plus 2 separate days for flying, 17 in all. Someone is trying to suggest I rent car for time in Cappadocia then fly to Antalya, rent car , return it there and fly to Izmir , rent car for that area drop it back at Izmir and fly to Istanbul. The reason given is that this would be cheaper than paying for all the fuel when renting a car and driving distances in between. Is this a realistic suggestion. We are in our late fifties and ease is important.
Rent car or fly doing circuit from Cappadocia southwest Antalya to Izmir
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague - must see
- 2 Sicily 10 days
- 3 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 4 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 5 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 6 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 7 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 8 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 9 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 10 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 11 Portugal in September
- 12 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 13 Europe with young teens
- 14 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 15 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 16 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 19 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 20 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 21 Advises for trip to Russia
- 22 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 23 First time traveler to Ireland
- 24 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 25 Euro Train