On April 23, my husband and I were planning on renting car in Kayeseri after flying in from Istanbul. Spend 4 nights and drive southwest to Antalya then work way up to Selcuk , drop car off airport at Izmir and fly back to Istanbul. I will have 15 days plus 2 separate days for flying, 17 in all. Someone is trying to suggest I rent car for time in Cappadocia then fly to Antalya, rent car , return it there and fly to Izmir , rent car for that area drop it back at Izmir and fly to Istanbul. The reason given is that this would be cheaper than paying for all the fuel when renting a car and driving distances in between. Is this a realistic suggestion. We are in our late fifties and ease is important.
Rent car or fly doing circuit from Cappadocia southwest Antalya to Izmir
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 2 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 3 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 4 Venice; recommendations
- 5 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 6 Soccer (Football) tickets for Fiorentina game in early October
- 7 Sardinia in early May
- 8 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 9 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 10 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 11 Photographer in Paris?
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 14 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg
- 15 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 16 Getting from Conrad Dublin to Train Station
- 17 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 18 Finistère Base
- 19 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 20 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 21 Murren in June by myself
- 22 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 23 Vienna - long weekend for 2nd weekend in Nov 2014?
- 24 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 25 paris apartment opinion airbnb