On April 23, my husband and I were planning on renting car in Kayeseri after flying in from Istanbul. Spend 4 nights and drive southwest to Antalya then work way up to Selcuk , drop car off airport at Izmir and fly back to Istanbul. I will have 15 days plus 2 separate days for flying, 17 in all. Someone is trying to suggest I rent car for time in Cappadocia then fly to Antalya, rent car , return it there and fly to Izmir , rent car for that area drop it back at Izmir and fly to Istanbul. The reason given is that this would be cheaper than paying for all the fuel when renting a car and driving distances in between. Is this a realistic suggestion. We are in our late fifties and ease is important.
Rent car or fly doing circuit from Cappadocia southwest Antalya to Izmir
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 2 Venice veg friendly restaurant suggestions pls
- 3 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 4 Venice hotel: Select from the shortlist pls
- 5 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 6 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 7 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 8 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 9 Brugge photo on Bing
- 10 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 11 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 12 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 13 I went to Paris in June
- 14 Help with a small island in Greece
- 15 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 16 Cotswolds village base
- 17 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 18 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 19 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 20 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 21 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 22 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 25 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?