On April 23, my husband and I were planning on renting car in Kayeseri after flying in from Istanbul. Spend 4 nights and drive southwest to Antalya then work way up to Selcuk , drop car off airport at Izmir and fly back to Istanbul. I will have 15 days plus 2 separate days for flying, 17 in all. Someone is trying to suggest I rent car for time in Cappadocia then fly to Antalya, rent car , return it there and fly to Izmir , rent car for that area drop it back at Izmir and fly to Istanbul. The reason given is that this would be cheaper than paying for all the fuel when renting a car and driving distances in between. Is this a realistic suggestion. We are in our late fifties and ease is important.
Rent car or fly doing circuit from Cappadocia southwest Antalya to Izmir
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 2 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 3 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 4 Apartment services for Barcelona and Pamplona
- 5 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 6 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 7 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?
- 8 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 9 Choosing countries for an 18 day trip
- 10 Sorting out my travel Days in Italy
- 11 3.5 weeks in Europe w/ 10-month old
- 12 Classical Music Concert in Vienna
- 13 Porto to Salamanca
- 14 QUICK TOUR IN IRELAND -- WANT TO EXTEND A FEW DAYS -- SUGGESTIONS?
- 15 Traveling after Dublin
- 16 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 17 scotland trave;
- 18 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 19 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 20 Train tickets France and Spain
- 21 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 22 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 23 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 24 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...
- 25 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?