Wife and I will be spending time in Switzerland following our trek around Mt Blanc. We'll be leaving Chamonix for Lugano for three days, then to Lauterbrunnen for 3 days, and then Geneva for two days. Because of the trek, we'll have some larger-than-our-usual carry on suitcases to lug around, so we're concerned about schlepping it on and off trains. Will this be a problem? Or would a rental car be a reasonable alternative? What do you recommend?
Rent a car or Take the Train?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 2 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 3 Day trips from Marseille
- 4 Hotel in Venice
- 5 London day trips, especially castles
- 6 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 7 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 8 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 9 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 10 A drive in Europe
- 11 Zurich, Switzerland
- 12 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 13 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 16 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 17 Day trips
- 18 London tube
- 19 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 20 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 21 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 22 Swiss rail passes
- 23 Day trip on the Rhine
- 24 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 25 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions