This is my first trip to Switzerland. I am 35 years old and my wife 30 years old. We both love travelling and driving as well. We normally go for a visit to a country every year in june july. We love to explore the place like locals, trying to stay away from touristy destinations. We are planning for a 6 day trip as follows
Arrival at zurich airport from dubai
Take rent a car. Off to Zermatt.
Night stay in Zermatt
Stay in Zermatt.
Early Morning I leave for Milan.
Want to do shopping in Seraville.
Overnight in Milan.
Leave for zurich. Return the car in zurich.
Buy swiss pass. Come to Interlaken
Overnight in Interlaken
6th July, 7th July
Interlaken and surrounding areas
2pm flight from Zurich to dubai
My areas of concern.
1. Both me and wife love to drive, will it be worthwhile to take rent a car for travelling from zurich to Milan or shall we take a train ?
2. I will be taking a compact sedan. Is oit ok or shall I take a bigger car as I heard that smaller is better to drive in Europe.
3. Any scenic route to be suggested?
Many thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 2 Kech YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h SUPPORT CARE
- 3 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 4 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 5 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 6 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 7 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 8 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 9 Help on ancient history route
- 10 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 11 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 12 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 13 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 14 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 15 French language immersion schools in France
- 16 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 17 Studying art in English in venice
- 18 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 19 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 20 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 21 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 22 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 23 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 24 Trogir or Split
- 25 Edinbrugh
Rent a car from Zurich to milan or take a train. 3 days Return journey.