This is my first trip to Switzerland. I am 35 years old and my wife 30 years old. We both love travelling and driving as well. We normally go for a visit to a country every year in june july. We love to explore the place like locals, trying to stay away from touristy destinations. We are planning for a 6 day trip as follows
Arrival at zurich airport from dubai
Take rent a car. Off to Zermatt.
Night stay in Zermatt
Stay in Zermatt.
Early Morning I leave for Milan.
Want to do shopping in Seraville.
Overnight in Milan.
Leave for zurich. Return the car in zurich.
Buy swiss pass. Come to Interlaken
Overnight in Interlaken
6th July, 7th July
Interlaken and surrounding areas
2pm flight from Zurich to dubai
My areas of concern.
1. Both me and wife love to drive, will it be worthwhile to take rent a car for travelling from zurich to Milan or shall we take a train ?
2. I will be taking a compact sedan. Is oit ok or shall I take a bigger car as I heard that smaller is better to drive in Europe.
3. Any scenic route to be suggested?
Many thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.
Rent a car from Zurich to milan or take a train. 3 days Return journey.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pasteurized Cheese in Paris
- 2 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 3 Honeymoon in Provence - 14 day itinerary help please
- 4 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 5 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 6 Budget family trip to Europe
- 7 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 8 Dining at the Eiffel Tower: 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant Review
- 9 Berlin
- 10 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 11 Dordogne & Lot Day Hiking
- 12 By train to and out of Prague
- 13 Huge New 5,000 Year Old Underground City Excavated in Cappadocia
- 14 history museums or locations
- 15 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 16 Scuol, Switzerland
- 17 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 18 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 19 Side trip from Chamonix in January
- 20 Lake Como transportation questions
- 21 Scotland- Edinburgh
- 22 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 23 All Set To Go!!
- 24 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 25 Sono arrivato a Venezia