This is my first trip to Switzerland. I am 35 years old and my wife 30 years old. We both love travelling and driving as well. We normally go for a visit to a country every year in june july. We love to explore the place like locals, trying to stay away from touristy destinations. We are planning for a 6 day trip as follows
Arrival at zurich airport from dubai
Take rent a car. Off to Zermatt.
Night stay in Zermatt
Stay in Zermatt.
Early Morning I leave for Milan.
Want to do shopping in Seraville.
Overnight in Milan.
Leave for zurich. Return the car in zurich.
Buy swiss pass. Come to Interlaken
Overnight in Interlaken
6th July, 7th July
Interlaken and surrounding areas
2pm flight from Zurich to dubai
My areas of concern.
1. Both me and wife love to drive, will it be worthwhile to take rent a car for travelling from zurich to Milan or shall we take a train ?
2. I will be taking a compact sedan. Is oit ok or shall I take a bigger car as I heard that smaller is better to drive in Europe.
3. Any scenic route to be suggested?
Many thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 2 London Itinerary and Questions
- 3 Barcelona completely overrated
- 4 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 5 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 6 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 7 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 8 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 9 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 10 MiFi in Italy
- 11 Cork or Galway?
- 12 One quick week -- where in France?
- 13 Sitges Hotel ??
- 14 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 15 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 16 French lavender and cottages
- 17 Rail/Hoylhead/Edinburgh
- 18 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 19 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 20 Seville in late January
- 21 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 22 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 23 What Greek islands should I visit
- 24 Small foodie tours in Bologna
- 25 Major quake in central Itay
Rent a car from Zurich to milan or take a train. 3 days Return journey.