This is my first trip to Switzerland. I am 35 years old and my wife 30 years old. We both love travelling and driving as well. We normally go for a visit to a country every year in june july. We love to explore the place like locals, trying to stay away from touristy destinations. We are planning for a 6 day trip as follows
Arrival at zurich airport from dubai
Take rent a car. Off to Zermatt.
Night stay in Zermatt
Stay in Zermatt.
Early Morning I leave for Milan.
Want to do shopping in Seraville.
Overnight in Milan.
Leave for zurich. Return the car in zurich.
Buy swiss pass. Come to Interlaken
Overnight in Interlaken
6th July, 7th July
Interlaken and surrounding areas
2pm flight from Zurich to dubai
My areas of concern.
1. Both me and wife love to drive, will it be worthwhile to take rent a car for travelling from zurich to Milan or shall we take a train ?
2. I will be taking a compact sedan. Is oit ok or shall I take a bigger car as I heard that smaller is better to drive in Europe.
3. Any scenic route to be suggested?
Many thanks in advance for your valuable suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 2 Camino Redux
- 3 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 4 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 5 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 6 Barcelona Hair Salon
- 7 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 8 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 9 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 10 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 11 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 12 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 13 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 14 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 15 Trans-Siberia Train
- 16 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 17 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 18 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 19 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 20 A week driving in Bavaria
- 21 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 22 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 23 PLITVICE LAKES
- 24 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 25 help in planning itinerary to UK
Rent a car from Zurich to milan or take a train. 3 days Return journey.