We, one more time, need your help !
We are looking to plan the last 9 nights of our 24 nights of our trip ( after 5 nights in berlin, 3 nights, in Dresden, 4 nights in Nuremberg and 3 nights in Salzburg).
Our plan is to saty 3 nights in Munich which would allows us 6 nights for Cologne and the Rhine +Mosel valley and Luxembourg. We are looking at the car option for that last leg. We know all those place are accessible by train but getting a car would allows us to move more freely and access place that are not so well deserved by public transport (i.e. Burg Eltz). Snce we are looking to base ourselves in Cochem having a car would allows us to found a place that is not near the train sation (lodging in that place seems to be scarce).
1) is a car a good idea (we are 2 aduls and 2 yound kids 4 and 8 years old)
2) Should we get from Munich and enjoy stop in route to Cologne or go to Cologne by train and then get a car ?
3) I've read bad things about sixt, can you indicate me a good rental company ?
4) We would drop the car in another place but there's dont seem to have the option to drop at Cochem, where shoul (or could) we drop the car ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 2 Lyon
- 3 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 4 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 5 What do after Bernia Express?
- 6 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 7 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 10 French theater in Paris
- 11 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 12 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 15 Germany family road trip help!
- 16 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 17 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 18 Barcelona
- 19 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 20 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 21 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 22 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 23 Italian lakes
- 24 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 25 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?