We, one more time, need your help !
We are looking to plan the last 9 nights of our 24 nights of our trip ( after 5 nights in berlin, 3 nights, in Dresden, 4 nights in Nuremberg and 3 nights in Salzburg).
Our plan is to saty 3 nights in Munich which would allows us 6 nights for Cologne and the Rhine +Mosel valley and Luxembourg. We are looking at the car option for that last leg. We know all those place are accessible by train but getting a car would allows us to move more freely and access place that are not so well deserved by public transport (i.e. Burg Eltz). Snce we are looking to base ourselves in Cochem having a car would allows us to found a place that is not near the train sation (lodging in that place seems to be scarce).
1) is a car a good idea (we are 2 aduls and 2 yound kids 4 and 8 years old)
2) Should we get from Munich and enjoy stop in route to Cologne or go to Cologne by train and then get a car ?
3) I've read bad things about sixt, can you indicate me a good rental company ?
4) We would drop the car in another place but there's dont seem to have the option to drop at Cochem, where shoul (or could) we drop the car ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chania
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 4 Car rental in Santorini port
- 5 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 6 Renting a car in Greece
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 9 renting a car in greece
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 12 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 13 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 14 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 15 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 16 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 17 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 18 retruning to US with souveniers
- 19 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 20 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 21 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 22 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 23 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 24 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 25 Ireland and Scotland September 2017