We, one more time, need your help !
We are looking to plan the last 9 nights of our 24 nights of our trip ( after 5 nights in berlin, 3 nights, in Dresden, 4 nights in Nuremberg and 3 nights in Salzburg).
Our plan is to saty 3 nights in Munich which would allows us 6 nights for Cologne and the Rhine +Mosel valley and Luxembourg. We are looking at the car option for that last leg. We know all those place are accessible by train but getting a car would allows us to move more freely and access place that are not so well deserved by public transport (i.e. Burg Eltz). Snce we are looking to base ourselves in Cochem having a car would allows us to found a place that is not near the train sation (lodging in that place seems to be scarce).
1) is a car a good idea (we are 2 aduls and 2 yound kids 4 and 8 years old)
2) Should we get from Munich and enjoy stop in route to Cologne or go to Cologne by train and then get a car ?
3) I've read bad things about sixt, can you indicate me a good rental company ?
4) We would drop the car in another place but there's dont seem to have the option to drop at Cochem, where shoul (or could) we drop the car ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 2 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 9 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 10 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 11 Towersey, London
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Amalfi Coast help
- 16 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 17 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 18 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 19 Ireland in April
- 20 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 A few days outside Rome
- 24 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden