We are going to Spain in October (Madrid-Cordoba - Granada -Seville - Madrid) and I've bought all the tickets on the Renfe site (actually with no problems) except one because of the following. I discovered that the price of the train from Madrid to Cordoba on the date that I need (Saturday, October 10th) is more expensive than the identical train the week before (6 euros)and the identical train the week after(12 euros). I double checked on loco and it was the same.
I wrote to Renfe customer service to try to understand this. This is the answer that I got:
"Promotional rates are incorporated into the sale according to the constant
> analysis making the pricing system for every market, product, train and
> day. The behavior of these variables generates prices which in any case
> guarantee a homogeneous pattern for each case."
What does that mean??????Has anyone encountered this in the past? Is there any possibility that the "variables" will lower the price in the near future? Is October 10th a special day? I know that October 12th is a national holiday. Do the Spaniards begin celebrating two days in advance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Switzerland in November?
- 4 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 5 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 6 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 7 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 8 getting to CDG
- 9 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 10 Barcelona cooking classes
- 11 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 12 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 13 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 14 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 15 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 16 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 17 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 18 4 days itinerary for France
- 19 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 20 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 21 Help with Ferries in Croatia
- 22 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 23 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 24 vienna
- 25 Questions about Polish sights