We are going to Spain in October (Madrid-Cordoba - Granada -Seville - Madrid) and I've bought all the tickets on the Renfe site (actually with no problems) except one because of the following. I discovered that the price of the train from Madrid to Cordoba on the date that I need (Saturday, October 10th) is more expensive than the identical train the week before (6 euros)and the identical train the week after(12 euros). I double checked on loco and it was the same.
I wrote to Renfe customer service to try to understand this. This is the answer that I got:
"Promotional rates are incorporated into the sale according to the constant
> analysis making the pricing system for every market, product, train and
> day. The behavior of these variables generates prices which in any case
> guarantee a homogeneous pattern for each case."
What does that mean??????Has anyone encountered this in the past? Is there any possibility that the "variables" will lower the price in the near future? Is October 10th a special day? I know that October 12th is a national holiday. Do the Spaniards begin celebrating two days in advance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 2 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 3 How the kids age calculated
- 4 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 7 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 8 Beaune France
- 9 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 10 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 11 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 12 Firt time VISA applicant
- 13 Cordoba Overnight?
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 advance tickets?
- 16 38 Days in Paris
- 17 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 18 A week in Paris
- 19 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 20 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 21 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 22 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 23 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 24 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings