We are going to Spain in October (Madrid-Cordoba - Granada -Seville - Madrid) and I've bought all the tickets on the Renfe site (actually with no problems) except one because of the following. I discovered that the price of the train from Madrid to Cordoba on the date that I need (Saturday, October 10th) is more expensive than the identical train the week before (6 euros)and the identical train the week after(12 euros). I double checked on loco and it was the same.
I wrote to Renfe customer service to try to understand this. This is the answer that I got:
"Promotional rates are incorporated into the sale according to the constant
> analysis making the pricing system for every market, product, train and
> day. The behavior of these variables generates prices which in any case
> guarantee a homogeneous pattern for each case."
What does that mean??????Has anyone encountered this in the past? Is there any possibility that the "variables" will lower the price in the near future? Is October 10th a special day? I know that October 12th is a national holiday. Do the Spaniards begin celebrating two days in advance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 2 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 3 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 4 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 5 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 6 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 7 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 8 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 9 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 Trip Ideas
- 12 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 13 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 16 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 17 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 18 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 19 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 20 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 21 Spain in July
- 22 Acropolis Athens
- 23 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 24 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 25 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay