We are going to Spain in October (Madrid-Cordoba - Granada -Seville - Madrid) and I've bought all the tickets on the Renfe site (actually with no problems) except one because of the following. I discovered that the price of the train from Madrid to Cordoba on the date that I need (Saturday, October 10th) is more expensive than the identical train the week before (6 euros)and the identical train the week after(12 euros). I double checked on loco and it was the same.
I wrote to Renfe customer service to try to understand this. This is the answer that I got:
"Promotional rates are incorporated into the sale according to the constant
> analysis making the pricing system for every market, product, train and
> day. The behavior of these variables generates prices which in any case
> guarantee a homogeneous pattern for each case."
What does that mean??????Has anyone encountered this in the past? Is there any possibility that the "variables" will lower the price in the near future? Is October 10th a special day? I know that October 12th is a national holiday. Do the Spaniards begin celebrating two days in advance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 4 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 5 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 6 Chania
- 7 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 8 Car rental in Santorini port
- 9 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 10 Renting a car in Greece
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 13 renting a car in greece
- 14 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 15 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 16 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 17 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 18 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 19 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 20 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 21 retruning to US with souveniers
- 22 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 23 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 24 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 25 stopover between antequerra and granada?