We are going to Spain in October (Madrid-Cordoba - Granada -Seville - Madrid) and I've bought all the tickets on the Renfe site (actually with no problems) except one because of the following. I discovered that the price of the train from Madrid to Cordoba on the date that I need (Saturday, October 10th) is more expensive than the identical train the week before (6 euros)and the identical train the week after(12 euros). I double checked on loco and it was the same.
I wrote to Renfe customer service to try to understand this. This is the answer that I got:
"Promotional rates are incorporated into the sale according to the constant
> analysis making the pricing system for every market, product, train and
> day. The behavior of these variables generates prices which in any case
> guarantee a homogeneous pattern for each case."
What does that mean??????Has anyone encountered this in the past? Is there any possibility that the "variables" will lower the price in the near future? Is October 10th a special day? I know that October 12th is a national holiday. Do the Spaniards begin celebrating two days in advance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 4 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 5 Amsterdam
- 6 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 7 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 8 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 12 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 13 8 Days in Spain
- 14 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 15 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 18 Scenic cruise advice
- 19 Barcelona alternative
- 20 Italy Car Scam
- 21 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 22 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 24 God Save the Queen?
- 25 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)