We are going to Spain in October (Madrid-Cordoba - Granada -Seville - Madrid) and I've bought all the tickets on the Renfe site (actually with no problems) except one because of the following. I discovered that the price of the train from Madrid to Cordoba on the date that I need (Saturday, October 10th) is more expensive than the identical train the week before (6 euros)and the identical train the week after(12 euros). I double checked on loco and it was the same.
I wrote to Renfe customer service to try to understand this. This is the answer that I got:
"Promotional rates are incorporated into the sale according to the constant
> analysis making the pricing system for every market, product, train and
> day. The behavior of these variables generates prices which in any case
> guarantee a homogeneous pattern for each case."
What does that mean??????Has anyone encountered this in the past? Is there any possibility that the "variables" will lower the price in the near future? Is October 10th a special day? I know that October 12th is a national holiday. Do the Spaniards begin celebrating two days in advance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.hitslimbody.com/bio-rocket-blast/
- 2 ATM
- 3 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 4 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 5 TIM in FCO - update
- 6 Visa Query
- 7 London in Winter Report
- 8 Visit to Sardinia
- 9 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 10 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 11 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 12 Legal documents assistants
- 13 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 14 ATM help
- 15 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 16 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 17 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 18 London is it worth it?
- 19 Montserrat Express
- 20 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 21 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 22 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 23 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 24 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 25 Help with Scotland Itinerary