We are going to Spain in October (Madrid-Cordoba - Granada -Seville - Madrid) and I've bought all the tickets on the Renfe site (actually with no problems) except one because of the following. I discovered that the price of the train from Madrid to Cordoba on the date that I need (Saturday, October 10th) is more expensive than the identical train the week before (6 euros)and the identical train the week after(12 euros). I double checked on loco and it was the same.
I wrote to Renfe customer service to try to understand this. This is the answer that I got:
"Promotional rates are incorporated into the sale according to the constant
> analysis making the pricing system for every market, product, train and
> day. The behavior of these variables generates prices which in any case
> guarantee a homogeneous pattern for each case."
What does that mean??????Has anyone encountered this in the past? Is there any possibility that the "variables" will lower the price in the near future? Is October 10th a special day? I know that October 12th is a national holiday. Do the Spaniards begin celebrating two days in advance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 2 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 5 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 6 Berlin, Nice and London
- 7 charming cities in Spain
- 8 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 9 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 10 Day in Madrid
- 11 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 12 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 13 Venice
- 14 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 15 Family vacation to europe
- 16 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 19 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 20 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 21 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 22 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 23 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 24 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 25 Inverness to Isle of Lewis