I understand that AVE is high-speed for long distance, Avant is high-speed for medium distances. What about Aliva? On the Renfe "Our Trains" it's listed below AVE. I'm looking at tickets between several cities where all 3 trains are offered. We are traveling with a couple big bags and carryon(s), so we'll probably try to get Preferente or CLub tix. Any real difference in comfort on AVE vs. Alvia vs. Avan?
Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 2 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 3 Paris and where else?
- 4 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 5 Raining in rome
- 6 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 7 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 8 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 9 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 10 Italian Lakes
- 11 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 12 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 13 Christmas Day in Scuol
- 14 Autumn in Paris
- 15 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 16 Help With Vienna
- 17 What's the most economical way to see Dublin and London?
- 18 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 19 Trains in Europe
- 20 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 21 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 22 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 23 Netherlands and others
- 24 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 25 Aran Islands in wintertime