traveling with my husband to Rome (3 nights, Florence 4 nights, and Venice 3 nights) in March!
(I visited Rome years ago as a student, and my husband and I spent one day together in Rome on our way to the Amalfi Coast about 6 years ago.)
don't want to exhaust ourselves/battle huge crowds trying to see "everything"...prefer to take in life and atmosphere and see/visit several highlights...
any itinerary feedback/oversights would be greatly appreciated!
Day 1: arrive from airport to hotel near Spanish Steps around 9am
Borghese Gallery & Gardens
walk around hotel area, perhaps venture onto Via Condotti/shopping areas or visit Villa Medici
return to hotel
10am-1pm 3-hour private guide - want to maximize time:
visit Colliseum, Roman Forum (probably no time remaining for more)
(Do you think this is best use of guide's time or perhaps group tour better for this?)
(We had considered a 2pm-5pm Ancient Rome Walking on Day 1, but were worried we might be exhausted by this time after our overnight flight from the U.S.)
Lunch in Monti or Piazza Navona
Explore on own
Return to hotel
8am small group tour of Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's - through Dark Rome Tours (assuming the Conclave is not taking place!)
explore on own
Return to hotel
We have visited the Pantheon previously and have also visited the Trevi Fountain, which we can return to (fountain.)
We would like to venture out to Tivoli to see the Villa d'Este gardens, but don't know if that's too much and don't want to go with a large group tour.
again, any itinerary feedback/oversights would be greatly appreciated!
(I will post similarly for Florence and Venice.)
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 2 Italy - rental car damages query
- 3 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 4 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 5 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 6 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 7 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 8 CDG much improved
- 9 European Cooking Secrets
- 10 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 11 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 12 London's Must Sights!
- 13 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 14 Venice & Bellagio Trip Report
- 15 20 Days in Europe
- 16 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 17 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 18 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 19 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 20 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 21 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 22 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 23 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 24 Europe in late January
- 25 Spain for 2 weeks in April but what parts?