traveling with my husband to Rome (3 nights, Florence 4 nights, and Venice 3 nights) in March!
(I visited Rome years ago as a student, and my husband and I spent one day together in Rome on our way to the Amalfi Coast about 6 years ago.)
don't want to exhaust ourselves/battle huge crowds trying to see "everything"...prefer to take in life and atmosphere and see/visit several highlights...
any itinerary feedback/oversights would be greatly appreciated!
Day 1: arrive from airport to hotel near Spanish Steps around 9am
Borghese Gallery & Gardens
walk around hotel area, perhaps venture onto Via Condotti/shopping areas or visit Villa Medici
return to hotel
10am-1pm 3-hour private guide - want to maximize time:
visit Colliseum, Roman Forum (probably no time remaining for more)
(Do you think this is best use of guide's time or perhaps group tour better for this?)
(We had considered a 2pm-5pm Ancient Rome Walking on Day 1, but were worried we might be exhausted by this time after our overnight flight from the U.S.)
Lunch in Monti or Piazza Navona
Explore on own
Return to hotel
8am small group tour of Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's - through Dark Rome Tours (assuming the Conclave is not taking place!)
explore on own
Return to hotel
We have visited the Pantheon previously and have also visited the Trevi Fountain, which we can return to (fountain.)
We would like to venture out to Tivoli to see the Villa d'Este gardens, but don't know if that's too much and don't want to go with a large group tour.
again, any itinerary feedback/oversights would be greatly appreciated!
(I will post similarly for Florence and Venice.)
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 필리핀카지노■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노추천ケ인터넷카지노추천
- 2 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 3 운좋은바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라テ인터넷바카라
- 4 그리스카지노 ■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■코리아카지노ろ코리아카지노
- 5 세븐바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라ッ인터넷바카라
- 6 바카라사이트추천■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■바카라사이트お바카라사이트
- 7 dinner jackets
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Cordoba Overnight?
- 10 Piedmont as a destination
- 11 2 weeks Europe trip
- 12 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 13 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 17 Monemvasia or Gefyra
- 18 Alkmaar to Brussels - things to see?
- 19 16 Days in Scotland in May with Our Two Boys
- 20 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 21 Please help me eat well in Greece!
- 22 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 23 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 24 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 25 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions