My sister and her partner are heading to Paris in June for the EUFA (from Ireland). We are all saying decades of the rosary and lighting lamps to St. Jude (Patron Saint of Lost Causes) for Ireland’s success.
She has found a nice hotel in the 11th Arr., and we are now discussing restaurants. I’ve been to Paris over 50 times (we had an office there). Perhaps 12 years ago, I had a great ‘steak & chips’ experience, with lovely cheap red wine, which I know my sister and partner would love. I think this is the restaurant:
I remember simple soundings. They cooked one half of the steak with great frites, and then cooked the second half of the steak, with more frites. Wine was cheap, but lovely. Is this the one? Is it still the same?
Also, I would like to give them recommendations for ‘Indo-Chine’ cuisine, as I think they would love it (all our family cook Chinese & India food from scratch, but have little experience with food from that region).
Many thanks for your help … Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 2 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 3 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 4 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 5 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 6 House Hunting in France
- 7 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 8 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 9 Sicily
- 10 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 11 Rota Vicentina hike report October 2014
- 12 Hotel in Vienna
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Car rental from Barcelona
- 15 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 16 Itinerary Tweaking
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 21 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Ireland in April
- 24 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 25 UK in July -- early planning stages