My sister and her partner are heading to Paris in June for the EUFA (from Ireland). We are all saying decades of the rosary and lighting lamps to St. Jude (Patron Saint of Lost Causes) for Ireland’s success.
She has found a nice hotel in the 11th Arr., and we are now discussing restaurants. I’ve been to Paris over 50 times (we had an office there). Perhaps 12 years ago, I had a great ‘steak & chips’ experience, with lovely cheap red wine, which I know my sister and partner would love. I think this is the restaurant:
I remember simple soundings. They cooked one half of the steak with great frites, and then cooked the second half of the steak, with more frites. Wine was cheap, but lovely. Is this the one? Is it still the same?
Also, I would like to give them recommendations for ‘Indo-Chine’ cuisine, as I think they would love it (all our family cook Chinese & India food from scratch, but have little experience with food from that region).
Many thanks for your help … Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 2 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 3 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 4 Last minute trip to Capri
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 AMS Car Rental
- 7 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 8 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 9 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 10 Where to eat in Rome?
- 11 weekend from cologne germany
- 12 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 13 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 16 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 17 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 18 Milan and Lake Como
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 21 One week in Europe
- 22 Budapest to Kosice
- 23 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 24 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 25 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?