I have some ideas for this short leg of our trip but could use feedback and ideas on where to base.
We have two nights, with two full days.
I thought of leaving Reims early and driving through Epernay (although Epernay isn't essential) and then on to one of the chateaux, either Vaux le Vicomte or Fontainebleau..
We will sleep two nights, and on the second day, we can explore the other chateau, and would like to visit a bit of the Foret de Fontainebleau.
On the third morning we will drop the car off at Orly and fly onward from there
How do I put the best order on these stops? It sounds like a lot to do, and I'm unfamiliar with area and traffic. I'm not even sure I've chosen what's essential. We're also looking for a place to spend these two nights.
Also looking for the best map for driving about for these two days.
Help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 2 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 3 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 6 Spain in July
- 7 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 8 Meteora for older folk
- 9 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 10 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 11 Train help for Prague
- 12 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 13 Athens
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 16 Petrol in Greece
- 17 Germany train help!
- 18 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 19 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 20 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 21 Budapest & Prague
- 22 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 23 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 24 Paris day trips August
- 25 Milan to Switzerland for skiing