I have some ideas for this short leg of our trip but could use feedback and ideas on where to base.
We have two nights, with two full days.
I thought of leaving Reims early and driving through Epernay (although Epernay isn't essential) and then on to one of the chateaux, either Vaux le Vicomte or Fontainebleau..
We will sleep two nights, and on the second day, we can explore the other chateau, and would like to visit a bit of the Foret de Fontainebleau.
On the third morning we will drop the car off at Orly and fly onward from there
How do I put the best order on these stops? It sounds like a lot to do, and I'm unfamiliar with area and traffic. I'm not even sure I've chosen what's essential. We're also looking for a place to spend these two nights.
Also looking for the best map for driving about for these two days.
Help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 3 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 4 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 5 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 6 Iceland early december visit
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris