I have some ideas for this short leg of our trip but could use feedback and ideas on where to base.
We have two nights, with two full days.
I thought of leaving Reims early and driving through Epernay (although Epernay isn't essential) and then on to one of the chateaux, either Vaux le Vicomte or Fontainebleau..
We will sleep two nights, and on the second day, we can explore the other chateau, and would like to visit a bit of the Foret de Fontainebleau.
On the third morning we will drop the car off at Orly and fly onward from there
How do I put the best order on these stops? It sounds like a lot to do, and I'm unfamiliar with area and traffic. I'm not even sure I've chosen what's essential. We're also looking for a place to spend these two nights.
Also looking for the best map for driving about for these two days.
Help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 2 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 3 Venice
- 4 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 5 London 2For1 question
- 6 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 9 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 10 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 11 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 12 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 13 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 14 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 15 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 16 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 17 Porto and vicinity
- 18 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 19 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 20 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 21 Norway fjord
- 22 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 23 7 days in Greece
- 24 Italy
- 25 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy