I have some ideas for this short leg of our trip but could use feedback and ideas on where to base.
We have two nights, with two full days.
I thought of leaving Reims early and driving through Epernay (although Epernay isn't essential) and then on to one of the chateaux, either Vaux le Vicomte or Fontainebleau..
We will sleep two nights, and on the second day, we can explore the other chateau, and would like to visit a bit of the Foret de Fontainebleau.
On the third morning we will drop the car off at Orly and fly onward from there
How do I put the best order on these stops? It sounds like a lot to do, and I'm unfamiliar with area and traffic. I'm not even sure I've chosen what's essential. We're also looking for a place to spend these two nights.
Also looking for the best map for driving about for these two days.
Help is appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Places of interest
- 2 getting to CDG
- 3 Croatia transportation question.
- 4 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 5 Ireland hotel questions
- 6 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 7 vienna
- 8 Questions about Polish sights
- 9 Croatia Ferry Help
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 12 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 15 Ireland travel passport question
- 16 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 17 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 18 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 19 Switzerland in November?
- 20 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 21 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 22 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 23 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 24 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 25 Barcelona cooking classes