As usual, I'm rethinking and fine tuning a part of our trip to France. This section will begin at the last week of September.
We will arrive in Reims at about 1pm, after flying from the US and hopping a train at CDG.
We have two nights to spend there.
I had originally planned to use the second (next) day to drive to Pierrefonds and back from Reims. I now think that would really be selling Reims short.
On the third day, I thought we would drive to Vaux le Vicomte, then to our B&B between there and Fontainebleau.
On the fourth day, Fontainebleau and the Foret.
Now, without Pierrefonds, I think we're missing something old/medieval, and Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau on back to back days seem similar and maybe not a good idea.
Is there anything on the general route between Reims and Fontainebleau that would be medieval or ancient?
Should I reconsider the back to back visits to Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau?
Would it be wise to extend Reims to 3 nights, using the third day to drive to Pierrefonds, then choosing between Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau?
Any help or ideas will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 4 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 7 where to stay in London?
- 8 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 9 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 10 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 11 Flamenco in October
- 12 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 13 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 14 4 days itinerary for France
- 15 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 16 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 17 getting to CDG
- 18 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 19 A Month stay in Southern France
- 20 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 21 Revised itinerary for italy
- 22 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 23 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 Hotel in Vienna