As usual, I'm rethinking and fine tuning a part of our trip to France. This section will begin at the last week of September.
We will arrive in Reims at about 1pm, after flying from the US and hopping a train at CDG.
We have two nights to spend there.
I had originally planned to use the second (next) day to drive to Pierrefonds and back from Reims. I now think that would really be selling Reims short.
On the third day, I thought we would drive to Vaux le Vicomte, then to our B&B between there and Fontainebleau.
On the fourth day, Fontainebleau and the Foret.
Now, without Pierrefonds, I think we're missing something old/medieval, and Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau on back to back days seem similar and maybe not a good idea.
Is there anything on the general route between Reims and Fontainebleau that would be medieval or ancient?
Should I reconsider the back to back visits to Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau?
Would it be wise to extend Reims to 3 nights, using the third day to drive to Pierrefonds, then choosing between Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau?
Any help or ideas will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Coastal Denmark
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 How to leave Slovenia for US?
- 6 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 7 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 8 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 9 base for Andalucia
- 10 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 11 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 12 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 13 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 14 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 15 Apartment in Rome
- 16 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 17 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 18 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 19 Best Greek Island
- 20 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 21 Flea markets in Romania
- 22 car rental
- 23 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 24 Cinque Terre - mid Oct 2017 -Ferry? Train? Car Parks?
- 25 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest