As usual, I'm rethinking and fine tuning a part of our trip to France. This section will begin at the last week of September.
We will arrive in Reims at about 1pm, after flying from the US and hopping a train at CDG.
We have two nights to spend there.
I had originally planned to use the second (next) day to drive to Pierrefonds and back from Reims. I now think that would really be selling Reims short.
On the third day, I thought we would drive to Vaux le Vicomte, then to our B&B between there and Fontainebleau.
On the fourth day, Fontainebleau and the Foret.
Now, without Pierrefonds, I think we're missing something old/medieval, and Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau on back to back days seem similar and maybe not a good idea.
Is there anything on the general route between Reims and Fontainebleau that would be medieval or ancient?
Should I reconsider the back to back visits to Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau?
Would it be wise to extend Reims to 3 nights, using the third day to drive to Pierrefonds, then choosing between Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau?
Any help or ideas will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastián
- 2 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 3 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 4 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 11 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 12 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 13 Planning A trip
- 14 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 15 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 16 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 17 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 18 Castle Stays in Wales
- 19 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 20 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 21 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 22 Can parking
- 23 italy Cinque Terre
- 24 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 25 Zurich to Milan trip