As usual, I'm rethinking and fine tuning a part of our trip to France. This section will begin at the last week of September.
We will arrive in Reims at about 1pm, after flying from the US and hopping a train at CDG.
We have two nights to spend there.
I had originally planned to use the second (next) day to drive to Pierrefonds and back from Reims. I now think that would really be selling Reims short.
On the third day, I thought we would drive to Vaux le Vicomte, then to our B&B between there and Fontainebleau.
On the fourth day, Fontainebleau and the Foret.
Now, without Pierrefonds, I think we're missing something old/medieval, and Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau on back to back days seem similar and maybe not a good idea.
Is there anything on the general route between Reims and Fontainebleau that would be medieval or ancient?
Should I reconsider the back to back visits to Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau?
Would it be wise to extend Reims to 3 nights, using the third day to drive to Pierrefonds, then choosing between Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau?
Any help or ideas will be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Legal documents assistants
- 2 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 3 ATM help
- 4 ATM
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 7 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 8 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 9 London is it worth it?
- 10 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 11 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 12 Montserrat Express
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 17 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 18 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 19 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 20 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 21 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 22 International drivers permit
- 23 Places to stop/stay?
- 24 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 25 transportation from De Gaulle airport