Hi Fodors Friends-
I have a few questions as a newbie to the Champagne region. My Mom, sister & I are traveling to the Champagne region for ~1.5 days (early wednesday train from Paris>late Thursday). We plan to spend the first day in Reims, visit one major Champagne house for a thorough tour & tasting, then hope to visit 1-2 additional smaller boutique houses/producers. Does anyone have a recommendation on specific large & boutique houses?
We will be staying overnight in Reims, then taking the train back to Paris the following afternoon. Does it make sense to take a brief day trip to Epernay, or do you anticipate it may feel too rushed? If recommended, we could hire a driver so we can all enjoy the Epernay tastings.
In terms of major champagne house options in Reims, I have heard general recommendations for Veuve & Dom Perignon, Ruinart for their caves, and Krug as fancy. I appreciate any additional feedback you all may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Traveling in Belgium
- 3 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 4 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 5 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 6 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 7 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 9 Appenzell in December?
- 10 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 11 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 12 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 13 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 14 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 15 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 16 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 17 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 18 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 19 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 20 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 21 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 22 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 23 4 days in france w 4 kids
- 24 2 Weeks in Switzerland w/kids?
- 25 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
Hi Fodors Friends-