Hi Fodors Friends-
I have a few questions as a newbie to the Champagne region. My Mom, sister & I are traveling to the Champagne region for ~1.5 days (early wednesday train from Paris>late Thursday). We plan to spend the first day in Reims, visit one major Champagne house for a thorough tour & tasting, then hope to visit 1-2 additional smaller boutique houses/producers. Does anyone have a recommendation on specific large & boutique houses?
We will be staying overnight in Reims, then taking the train back to Paris the following afternoon. Does it make sense to take a brief day trip to Epernay, or do you anticipate it may feel too rushed? If recommended, we could hire a driver so we can all enjoy the Epernay tastings.
In terms of major champagne house options in Reims, I have heard general recommendations for Veuve & Dom Perignon, Ruinart for their caves, and Krug as fancy. I appreciate any additional feedback you all may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 2 If you had to choose one......
- 3 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 4 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 5 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 8 Croatia transportation question.
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 A Month stay in Southern France
- 11 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 12 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 13 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 14 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 15 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 16 2017 Easter in Italy
- 17 Bernina Express mid-March
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Ireland travel passport question
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 22 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 23 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 24 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel
Hi Fodors Friends-