Hi Fodors Friends-
I have a few questions as a newbie to the Champagne region. My Mom, sister & I are traveling to the Champagne region for ~1.5 days (early wednesday train from Paris>late Thursday). We plan to spend the first day in Reims, visit one major Champagne house for a thorough tour & tasting, then hope to visit 1-2 additional smaller boutique houses/producers. Does anyone have a recommendation on specific large & boutique houses?
We will be staying overnight in Reims, then taking the train back to Paris the following afternoon. Does it make sense to take a brief day trip to Epernay, or do you anticipate it may feel too rushed? If recommended, we could hire a driver so we can all enjoy the Epernay tastings.
In terms of major champagne house options in Reims, I have heard general recommendations for Veuve & Dom Perignon, Ruinart for their caves, and Krug as fancy. I appreciate any additional feedback you all may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days in Provence in early June
- 2 Heathrow Terminal 2 - Immigration, Bags & Pick-Up
- 3 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 4 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 Tips for a local Kingsday experience in Amsterdam?
- 7 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 8 Need Information about French Alps
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 11 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 12 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 15 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 20 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 21 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 22 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 23 Uffizi Phone Number
- 24 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 25 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
Hi Fodors Friends-