Hi Fodors Friends-
I have a few questions as a newbie to the Champagne region. My Mom, sister & I are traveling to the Champagne region for ~1.5 days (early wednesday train from Paris>late Thursday). We plan to spend the first day in Reims, visit one major Champagne house for a thorough tour & tasting, then hope to visit 1-2 additional smaller boutique houses/producers. Does anyone have a recommendation on specific large & boutique houses?
We will be staying overnight in Reims, then taking the train back to Paris the following afternoon. Does it make sense to take a brief day trip to Epernay, or do you anticipate it may feel too rushed? If recommended, we could hire a driver so we can all enjoy the Epernay tastings.
In terms of major champagne house options in Reims, I have heard general recommendations for Veuve & Dom Perignon, Ruinart for their caves, and Krug as fancy. I appreciate any additional feedback you all may have.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 4 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 5 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 6 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 7 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 8 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 9 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 10 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 11 Berlin, Nice and London
- 12 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 13 Venice
- 14 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 15 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 16 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 17 charming cities in Spain
- 18 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 19 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 20 Day in Madrid
- 21 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 22 Le Marche Research Help
- 23 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 24 Rental car in Menton
- 25 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
Hi Fodors Friends-