I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 5 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 6 Greek fuel cost
- 7 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 8 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 9 Beach + City + Hiking + Art + Views + Food =
- 10 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 Day trips from Florence
- 13 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 14 May get together in Paris
- 15 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 16 Madrid/Lisbon
- 17 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 18 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 19 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 20 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 21 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 22 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 23 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 24 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 25 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation