I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 investment make money real
- 2 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 3 Slovenia + Croatia HELP!
- 4 Poland in September
- 5 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 6 Barcelona>Andalusia>Madrid...8 days with a pre-schooler
- 7 Munich, Germany
- 8 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 9 First Time Europe Trip
- 10 Hostel Advice
- 11 Draining the Canal Saint Martin in Paris
- 12 Rome for a week
- 13 trip to Italy
- 14 Azores - Which Islands to Visit?
- 15 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 16 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 17 Hertz Never Lost
- 18 Hotel Modigliani or Hotel Santa Maria (Rome)
- 19 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 20 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 21 Holiday in Europe
- 22 Cheltenham or Moreton-in-Marsh?
- 23 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 24 Train from Lille to Delft
- 25 Euro 2016 Football championship