I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MCAFEE 1:800-681-7208 Installation :MCAFEE tec*h supp0rt contact tec*h 24*7
- 2 Russia in two weeks in December
- 3 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 4 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 5 Schengen Rule
- 6 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 7 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 8 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 9 9 Days in Spain
- 10 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 11 Norway Honeymoon
- 12 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 13 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 14 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 15 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 16 Our future trip to Greece
- 17 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 18 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 19 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 20 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 21 Quizz !
- 22 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 23 Pay attention to your watches !
- 24 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 25 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?