I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 4 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 5 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 6 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 7 limousine services - milan - rome
- 8 Regarding Residence Permit
- 9 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 10 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 11 Homesaty
- 12 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 13 The herbs in pure slim 365
- 14 Great Fare Sale Emirate Air
- 15 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 16 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 17 Route des Vins
- 18 Seville: Churches and Convent
- 19 2 days in Florence
- 20 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 21 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 22 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 23 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 24 base for Andalucia
- 25 Private tour guides in Bayeux