I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flights between Rome, Paris, London- I have questions!
- 2 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 3 European Cooking Secrets
- 4 Italy - rental car damages query
- 5 Travel vs. Babies
- 6 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 7 Another strong earthquake in central Italy
- 8 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 9 Luggage allowance internal connection to international
- 10 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 11 8 days Skiing, City and Christmas Markets in Central Europe in late Nov
- 12 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 13 CDG much improved
- 14 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 15 Early Spring Air Sales To Europe
- 16 London's Must Sights!
- 17 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 18 Venice & Bellagio Trip Report
- 19 20 Days in Europe
- 20 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 21 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 22 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 23 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 24 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 25 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland