I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 2 UK Visa Help
- 3 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 4 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Spain in December
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 9 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 K-Day
- 12 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 13 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 14 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 15 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 16 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 17 Cell Phone Question
- 18 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 22 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 23 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 24 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 25 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands