I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Regarding regional trains (RE & RB)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 german rail ticket question
- 2 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 3 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 4 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 5 Fashion for larger man?
- 6 What to wear
- 7 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 8 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 11 Three days in Spain
- 12 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 13 1 week in Croatia
- 14 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 15 Trip to Iceland
- 16 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 17 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 18 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 19 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 20 Fjords, How To?
- 21 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 22 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 23 London neighborhood suggestions
- 24 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 25 Eating in France-two new books