I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Regarding regional trains (RE & RB)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?
- 2 Christmas in London
- 3 Autumn in Paris
- 4 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 5 Norway Advice
- 6 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 7 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 8 Travel from London Heathrow to Belfast or Dublin
- 9 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 10 Winter in Paris
- 11 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 12 Stay in 1 Place or Multiple
- 13 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 14 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 15 Is this enough time for Canterbury, Beachy Head, and Dover?
- 16 Review of 4.5 days in London
- 17 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 18 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 19 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 20 Need help with Baltics trip.
- 21 Restaurants Venice, Rome, and Florence
- 22 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 23 Planning Europe trip
- 24 Is Venice really dirty?
- 25 planning a trip to Europe next year!