I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 2 Swinoujscie Ferry Arrival
- 3 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 4 cell phone companys
- 5 Travel between Paris, Normandy and Brugges
- 6 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 7 3 days to spend in europe
- 8 Budget stay in or around Heidelberg
- 9 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 10 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 11 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 12 Affordable French language course in France?
- 13 Budapest on a budget
- 14 Staying in or around Koblenz?
- 15 Roundabout from "European Vacation" movie?
- 16 Italy in October
- 17 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 18 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 19 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 20 Why doesn't anyone talk about staying in the 2nd arr in Paris? Am I blind?
- 21 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 22 Beaches in Southern France
- 23 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 24 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 25 What Greek islands should I visit