I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 2 French Strike Chaos to Get Worse?
- 3 Train Travel Northern Italy
- 4 Plitvice, Rovinj and ?
- 5 4 or 5 European cites in 16 days??
- 6 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 7 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 8 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 9 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 10 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 11 Sentimental Journey
- 12 A few last minute questions
- 13 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 14 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 15 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 16 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 17 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 18 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 19 Stay away from EF Tours
- 20 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 21 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 22 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 23 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 24 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG