I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Regarding regional trains (RE & RB)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 2 Spain pre cruise and post cruise stay
- 3 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 4 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 5 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 6 Train from Rome Airport FCO to Florence
- 7 TR- A jaunt to Paris March 15
- 8 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 9 Paris Apartment for 7 - deciding between 2 choices
- 10 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 11 Top 5 choices from London
- 12 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 13 Transportation in Paris
- 14 Do American College Student IDs work for free museum entrance
- 15 Greek Island honeymoon
- 16 2 Days in Brussels
- 17 Santorini (Greece) : Ferries pros and cons
- 18 Arc de Triomphe Elevator
- 19 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 20 Flamenco show- madrid or seville?
- 21 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 22 Train from Milano Malpensa DIRECTLY to Bologna Centrale?
- 23 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 24 Paris and Rouen 2015
- 25 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...