I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Regarding regional trains (RE & RB)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 2 Rotterdam - Amsterdam Parking
- 3 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 4 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 5 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 6 I'm in a funk
- 7 Shuttle Bus in Madrid
- 8 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 9 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 10 Mama Mia Italy!
- 11 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 12 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 13 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 14 Bike touring in France
- 15 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 16 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 17 Germany Visa for conference
- 18 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 19 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 20 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 21 travel to western Europe from India
- 22 I went to Paris in June
- 23 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 24 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 25 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady