I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 2 http://nuvieskincareserum.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone-reviews/
- 3 Our time in Rome
- 4 Flamenco concerts in Madrid
- 5 Rioja - Where to Stay the Night?
- 6 Enjoying England for a year!
- 7 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 8 Iceland in 4 days?
- 9 Europe itinerary
- 10 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 11 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 12 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 14 London road closings this weekend: Bike Race
- 15 Renting International Cars from USA
- 16 Europe itinerary review
- 17 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 18 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 19 train from ravenna to parma
- 20 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 21 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 22 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 23 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 24 European Travel in March
- 25 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel