I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 2 Portugal and Spain Itinerary Suggestions
- 3 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 4 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 5 Eastern France - A TR in Pictures
- 6 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 7 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 8 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 9 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 10 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 11 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 12 House Hunting in France
- 13 English Countryside
- 14 Tour of Northern Italy
- 15 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 16 Cognac transportation?
- 17 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 18 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 19 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 20 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 21 Granada to Madrid
- 22 San Sebastian
- 23 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 24 Hotel in Vienna
- 25 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass