I don't have much experience with train travel. Last year we travelled by Railjet from Vienna to Salzburg and that's it. This time we are flying into Munich first and then taking the train to Salzburg. I have a few questions regarding the trains. Any clarification would help a lot.
I bought the Bayern ticket so can only use the regional trains. There are three of us and we will be carrying three airlines cabin luggage sized bags. Would luggage be a problem on the RegionalExpress and the RegionalBahn trains?
Am I better off booking Railjet / Eurocity? I'm concerned about the seats being full on the regional trains. Is that a possibility?
On our way back from Salzburg on the 26th Oct, there aren't direct regional trains to Munich Hbf. Train change is required at Landshut (bay) station. Would that work out well or should I book the direct Eurocity train to Munich Hbf?
Thanks for your help.
Regarding regional trains (RE & RB)
- 1 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 2 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 3 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 4 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 5 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 6 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 7 Place to propose
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Car in Prague
- 10 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 11 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 12 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 13 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 14 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 15 Spain - Andalucia
- 16 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 17 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 18 Prague - must see
- 19 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 20 Three for the road
- 21 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 22 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 23 Public transport from Ostuni
- 24 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 25 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe