We are looking at putting together a vacation to England but would like to spend the majority of the time getting the country estate life experience. Where should we stay? I'm sure we will visit London for a few days but after that we'd like to visit historical homes and see places we've read about in literature. What would you recommend as far as 1) what are the absolute must see places in and around London from a historical POV... and 2) which country area would you stay in, where, and why? We'd love a bed and breakfast with full service for meals but still a decent commute to some historical landmarks and lush gardens... Thoughts?
Recommended places to visit for a countryside experience
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 hotels in Seville
- 2 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 3 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 4 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 5 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 6 A drive in Europe
- 7 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 8 Prague - Tram #22
- 9 nearby cities to london
- 10 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 11 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 12 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 13 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 14 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 17 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 18 Porto -City Break
- 19 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 20 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 21 7 days in Greece
- 22 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 25 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?