We are looking at putting together a vacation to England but would like to spend the majority of the time getting the country estate life experience. Where should we stay? I'm sure we will visit London for a few days but after that we'd like to visit historical homes and see places we've read about in literature. What would you recommend as far as 1) what are the absolute must see places in and around London from a historical POV... and 2) which country area would you stay in, where, and why? We'd love a bed and breakfast with full service for meals but still a decent commute to some historical landmarks and lush gardens... Thoughts?
Recommended places to visit for a countryside experience
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 2 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 3 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 4 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 5 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 6 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 9 Local Tour in Provence?
- 10 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 11 5am arrival in Dublin
- 12 10 Hours in Brussels
- 13 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 14 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 15 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 16 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 17 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 18 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 19 Hotel in Venice
- 20 What are the best places to see in England
- 21 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 22 Transportation in Barcelona
- 23 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 24 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 25 Spend a year in the Dolomites