We are looking at putting together a vacation to England but would like to spend the majority of the time getting the country estate life experience. Where should we stay? I'm sure we will visit London for a few days but after that we'd like to visit historical homes and see places we've read about in literature. What would you recommend as far as 1) what are the absolute must see places in and around London from a historical POV... and 2) which country area would you stay in, where, and why? We'd love a bed and breakfast with full service for meals but still a decent commute to some historical landmarks and lush gardens... Thoughts?
Recommended places to visit for a countryside experience
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 2 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 3 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 4 Southern Italy without a Car
- 5 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 6 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 7 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 8 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 9 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 10 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 11 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 12 Help Me Fill in the Blanks
- 13 Visit to Bath and London england
- 14 Planning third trip to France-where to next?
- 15 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 16 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 17 Tour Company in Russia
- 18 40 Major Tourist Scams
- 19 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 20 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 21 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 22 10 days in England
- 23 Two rail trips in Italy - buy tickets at station the day of, or rail pass?
- 24 Northern Lights - What else to see
- 25 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip