I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 monograms vacation tours
- 3 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 4 UK - Coronation Street Goes to 6 Days a Week...
- 5 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 6 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 7 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 8 Stu Tower
- 9 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 10 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 11 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Crete Holiday
- 14 skopsko beer and shopsko salad. my week in macedonia
- 15 6 Days in Italy
- 16 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 17 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 18 Advice on Taxis vs Transfers in Santorini
- 19 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 20 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 21 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 22 Have Toddler, Will Travel
- 23 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 24 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 25 Single Female Traveler in Italy