I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 2 Croatia transportation question.
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 5 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 6 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 7 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 8 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 9 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 10 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 11 2017 Easter in Italy
- 12 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 13 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 14 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 17 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 18 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 19 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 20 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 21 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 22 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 23 Towersey, London
- 24 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 25 Westerplatte