I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 2 Travel WiFi - France
- 3 20 free days of Europe
- 4 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 5 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 6 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 7 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 8 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 9 3 days to spend in europe
- 10 Spain Itinerary Help
- 11 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 12 Ireland one week
- 13 Seville in late January
- 14 Berlin restaurant recs
- 15 Guides - Matera
- 16 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 17 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 18 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 19 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 20 RFID Protection
- 21 Spain Trip Report
- 22 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 23 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 24 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 25 Limo from Heathrow