I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recommended European Opera or Symphony experiences?
- 1 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 2 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 3 Paris Hotel for Young Couple
- 4 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 5 East coast trains
- 6 Photos from northern Italy: Venice, Lake Garda, Lake Como
- 7 Loire Valley & Brittany - recommendations?
- 8 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 9 Paris Budget Hotel-Sept 2013 (Single; 100 Euros/night)
- 10 Looking for Paris apartment for honeymoon
- 11 Car Rental Locations
- 12 Eiffel tower tickets- June8-15 will I need to queue?
- 13 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 14 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 15 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 16 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 17 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 18 Spain / fatima - itinerary suggestion 10 days
- 19 Croatia Restaurant Recommendations
- 20 from Loire (Tours) to Amsterdam?
- 21 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 22 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 23 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 24 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 25 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help