I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France to stop making foie grois
- 2 Arriving Athens at night
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 Stay in Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi?
- 5 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 6 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family
- 7 European travel, what to see?
- 8 Athens airport
- 9 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 10 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 11 please revew provence agenda
- 12 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 13 Lake Como - basta!
- 14 Florence to Pisa Round Trip
- 15 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 16 Scenic route from Montepuciano to Siena
- 17 Provence and Amalfi Small Town bases
- 18 Could really use Swiss train travel help
- 19 Trip Report: Family4travels to Barcelona and Morocco: tapas, Gaudi, tents & tangines
- 20 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 21 4 nights in Tuscany- Pls help with the plan.
- 22 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 23 What train stop in Salerno?
- 24 Norway in November
- 25 Sentimental Journey