I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recommended European Opera or Symphony experiences?
- 1 Spain - Andalucia
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 4 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 5 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 6 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 7 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 8 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 9 Trip around Spain
- 10 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 11 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 12 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 13 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 14 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 15 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 16 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 17 One more last question on Bayeux
- 18 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 19 Medieval Tallinn
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 22 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 23 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Italian language schools