I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recommended European Opera or Symphony experiences?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 11 day trip Switzerland & France please help for Itinerary
- 2 Croatia, Greece and Turkey
- 3 Spain Student Visa - Schengen re-entry + later arrival
- 4 Southwestern England
- 5 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 6 Train tickets within Italy
- 7 Need help extending plan beyond France
- 8 In Paris on my own
- 9 Brittany and Normandy coast
- 10 Pick my Paris Restaurants
- 11 Questions for Paris residents
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 14 Overnight in London - Hotel Recs?
- 15 Venice - apartment??????
- 16 Our first trip to Europe
- 17 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 18 Stay in Venice
- 19 Teen Mens Fashion/Apparel?
- 20 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 21 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 22 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 23 Itinerary help: St. Remy / Marseille / Nice then? end in Milan
- 24 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 25 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation