I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recommended European Opera or Symphony experiences?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 2 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 3 Ideas for Spain in May
- 4 Southern Spain
- 5 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 6 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 7 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 8 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 9 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 10 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 11 Portugal Trip
- 12 Looking for help on itinerary for trip to Croatia+
- 13 5 Observations About Paris
- 14 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 15 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 16 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 17 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 18 Sweet Home Triana: Spring Break in Seville's left bank
- 19 Itinerary for Greece in 9 Days -in June
- 20 Short notice for input needed for Munich, Vienna, Prague and Berlin
- 21 driving in france with kids
- 22 Is my plan ok
- 23 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 24 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 25 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???