I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 2 Where to stay in Paris? So many options!
- 3 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 4 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 5 First Time Solo Travel info
- 6 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 7 Budapest Hotels
- 8 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 9 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 10 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 11 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 12 London's Must Sights!
- 13 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 14 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 15 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 16 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 17 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 18 4 days in switzerland
- 19 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 20 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 21 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 22 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 23 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 24 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 25 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford