I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What tips can you give about packing?
- 2 How the kids age calculated
- 3 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 4 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 5 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 6 Cordoba Overnight?
- 7 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 8 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 9 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Firt time VISA applicant
- 12 Uffizi Phone Number
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 15 Aix Provence
- 16 Sintra
- 17 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 18 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 19 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 20 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 21 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 22 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 23 Murren to Prague
- 24 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna