I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recommended European Opera or Symphony experiences?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 2 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 3 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 4 Is my plan ok
- 5 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 6 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 7 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 8 Southern Spain
- 9 5 Observations About Paris
- 10 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 11 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 14 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 15 Scotland November 2015
- 16 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 17 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 18 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 19 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 20 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 21 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 22 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 23 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 24 Museums in Berlin
- 25 Schengen Visa Rules