I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 2 Hamam Istanbul?
- 3 Scotland Trip
- 4 Rue des Rosiers
- 5 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 6 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 7 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 8 First Trip to Europe!
- 9 Paris Under Seige...
- 10 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 11 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 12 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 13 visa appointment experience
- 14 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 15 Switzerland in mid-April
- 16 What to take to Germany
- 17 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 18 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 19 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 20 Cinque Terre Hiking Trails?
- 21 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 22 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 23 How to go from bergen train station to bergen airport?
- 24 Barcelona to Bordeaux and back in two weeks
- 25 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes