I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recommended European Opera or Symphony experiences?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 2 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 3 What to wear
- 4 german rail ticket question
- 5 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 6 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 7 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 8 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Prague flea markets
- 11 Tipping in Greece
- 12 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 13 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 14 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia
- 15 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 16 Timing a river cruise
- 17 Top flamenco in Barcelona this fall - every night!
- 18 Painting Classes at Giverny or surrounds in English please!
- 19 Norway Haugesund and Bergen photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 20 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 21 flea markets in France
- 22 I need a haircut
- 23 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 24 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 25 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??