I'll be traveling through Europe (France, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium, not necessarily in that order) via London in April/May 2013 and although I'll be going very low budget for most of my trip, I'd like to splash out on one or two indulgences while I'm there. I love going to the occasional opera or symphony and I was hoping to buy a single ticket to either of these while I'm over there. Can anyone recommend an opera or symphony experience for me to take in? I was daydreaming of something offbeat, such as an "opera in the ruins" or a small town orchestra that only plays Beethoven - but maybe my imagination is getting a little carried away with me... the regular experience is just as amazing!
Any recommendations would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Recommended European Opera or Symphony experiences?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Marseille
- 2 Hotel in Venice
- 3 London day trips, especially castles
- 4 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 5 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 6 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 7 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 8 A drive in Europe
- 9 Zurich, Switzerland
- 10 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 11 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 14 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 15 Day trips
- 16 London tube
- 17 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 18 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 19 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 20 Swiss rail passes
- 21 Day trip on the Rhine
- 22 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 23 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions
- 24 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 25 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt