I'm interested in renting a car in Rome and returning it in Milan 10 days later. Does anyone have an agency to recommend, one that you've used personally?
We will not be using the car in Rome -- we will be leaving for a week in Tuscany, then traveling to Lerici for a few days, going to Milan just to fly out. I could be persuaded to ditch the car earlier and take a train to Milan if that makes more sense in your experience.
Background: We are a family of 5 -- kids ages 11, 9 and 5.5, so train travel can be cumbersome with luggage and all, but I'm certainly not opposed to it. My husband has driven in Italy (and other European and Asian countries) so that won't be a totally new experience.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 2 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 3 quickest way to Prague
- 4 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 7 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 8 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 9 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 10 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 12 Germany/Switzerland Help
- 13 16 days in France and Italy
- 14 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 15 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 16 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 17 Avoid Europcar!
- 18 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 21 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 22 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 23 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 24 Amsterdam
- 25 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please