My husband and I are going on a Danube river cruise next year in the early part of September. We are spending a few days beforehand in Prague then cruising to the endpoint of Budapest. I would like to extend the vacation for a few days after but am not sure where this should be. I am thinking that we will have had enough of tours, bigger cities and crowds by then. So I would be looking for someplace smaller, even rural to wander streets, countryside, lots of sidewalk cafes serving local wines and beers,someplace to just chill before returning home. I would even consider someplace a short flight or train from Budapest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recommendations please, somewhere to relax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 2 A Greek sojourn
- 3 Autumn in Paris
- 4 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 5 Is Venice really dirty?
- 6 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 7 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 8 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 9 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 10 Weekend in Norfolk
- 11 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 12 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 13 Updated ATM info for Greece and Turkey
- 14 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 15 Spain, best travel route between Madrid & Barcelona?
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 18 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 19 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 20 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 21 Burgundy in May
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 24 St Germain
- 25 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??