My husband and I are going on a Danube river cruise next year in the early part of September. We are spending a few days beforehand in Prague then cruising to the endpoint of Budapest. I would like to extend the vacation for a few days after but am not sure where this should be. I am thinking that we will have had enough of tours, bigger cities and crowds by then. So I would be looking for someplace smaller, even rural to wander streets, countryside, lots of sidewalk cafes serving local wines and beers,someplace to just chill before returning home. I would even consider someplace a short flight or train from Budapest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recommendations please, somewhere to relax
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Article on Naples
- 2 Ryan Air
- 3 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 4 Recommended apartment rental in Verona?
- 5 A full week in The Netherlands
- 6 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 7 Albania for Beginners
- 8 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 9 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 10 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 11 Chambermaid tipping
- 12 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 13 Has Anyone Used Rome Sweet Home?
- 14 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 15 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 16 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 17 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 18 London for Christmas
- 19 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 20 Istanbul hotels
- 21 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 22 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 23 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 24 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 25 Family European winter holiday