My husband and I are going on a Danube river cruise next year in the early part of September. We are spending a few days beforehand in Prague then cruising to the endpoint of Budapest. I would like to extend the vacation for a few days after but am not sure where this should be. I am thinking that we will have had enough of tours, bigger cities and crowds by then. So I would be looking for someplace smaller, even rural to wander streets, countryside, lots of sidewalk cafes serving local wines and beers,someplace to just chill before returning home. I would even consider someplace a short flight or train from Budapest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recommendations please, somewhere to relax
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 7 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 8 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 9 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 10 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 11 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 12 A full week in The Netherlands
- 13 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 14 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 17 Apartments in Rome
- 18 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 19 Prague - must see
- 20 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 21 jewlery or no jewlery?
- 22 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 23 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 24 London for Christmas
- 25 7 days in Andalucia