My husband and I are going on a Danube river cruise next year in the early part of September. We are spending a few days beforehand in Prague then cruising to the endpoint of Budapest. I would like to extend the vacation for a few days after but am not sure where this should be. I am thinking that we will have had enough of tours, bigger cities and crowds by then. So I would be looking for someplace smaller, even rural to wander streets, countryside, lots of sidewalk cafes serving local wines and beers,someplace to just chill before returning home. I would even consider someplace a short flight or train from Budapest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recommendations please, somewhere to relax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spa in Scotland
- 2 Berlin hotel convenient by transit to Berlin Messe
- 3 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 4 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 5 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 6 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 7 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 8 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 9 Booking Greece Ferry Tickets online
- 10 Any opinions on the Scilly Isles? Penzance? Need a car?
- 11 Sorrento-Positano ferry schedules
- 12 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 13 Ronda: the Hotel Enfrente Arte or the Hotel San Gabriel?
- 14 Sardinia but only 4 days..
- 15 Florence/ Tuscany Wine
- 16 Euro quiz # 89 - Potpourri
- 17 Munich, Germany to Como, Italy Question
- 18 Take Your Geese Home When You Leave
- 19 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 20 Greek Island honeymoon
- 21 Garmisch
- 22 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 23 Lesson Learned - Speeding In France
- 24 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 25 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration