My husband and I are going on a Danube river cruise next year in the early part of September. We are spending a few days beforehand in Prague then cruising to the endpoint of Budapest. I would like to extend the vacation for a few days after but am not sure where this should be. I am thinking that we will have had enough of tours, bigger cities and crowds by then. So I would be looking for someplace smaller, even rural to wander streets, countryside, lots of sidewalk cafes serving local wines and beers,someplace to just chill before returning home. I would even consider someplace a short flight or train from Budapest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recommendations please, somewhere to relax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada, Spain hotel choice
- 2 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 3 New Discoveries at Ostia Antica.
- 4 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 5 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 6 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 7 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 8 Lucca, Italy - flea/antique market?
- 9 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 10 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 11 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 12 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 13 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 14 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 15 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 16 Scotland day tour
- 17 England sites not to miss
- 18 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 19 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 20 Tuscany without a car - towns and walking/hiking holiday
- 21 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 22 Touring Europe with 1 year old
- 23 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 24 Casual men's dress in Paris
- 25 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...