My husband and I are going on a Danube river cruise next year in the early part of September. We are spending a few days beforehand in Prague then cruising to the endpoint of Budapest. I would like to extend the vacation for a few days after but am not sure where this should be. I am thinking that we will have had enough of tours, bigger cities and crowds by then. So I would be looking for someplace smaller, even rural to wander streets, countryside, lots of sidewalk cafes serving local wines and beers,someplace to just chill before returning home. I would even consider someplace a short flight or train from Budapest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recommendations please, somewhere to relax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 2 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 3 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 4 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 5 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 6 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 7 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 8 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 9 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 10 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 11 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 12 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 13 Scuol, Switzerland
- 14 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 15 2 Weeks in Paris
- 16 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 17 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 18 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 19 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 20 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 21 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 22 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 23 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 24 Internet or travel agent?
- 25 Raining in rome