My husband and I are going on a Danube river cruise next year in the early part of September. We are spending a few days beforehand in Prague then cruising to the endpoint of Budapest. I would like to extend the vacation for a few days after but am not sure where this should be. I am thinking that we will have had enough of tours, bigger cities and crowds by then. So I would be looking for someplace smaller, even rural to wander streets, countryside, lots of sidewalk cafes serving local wines and beers,someplace to just chill before returning home. I would even consider someplace a short flight or train from Budapest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recommendations please, somewhere to relax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 2 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 3 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 4 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 5 21 Days in Central Europe
- 6 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 7 Small group for Colosseum
- 8 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 9 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 10 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 11 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 12 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 13 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 14 Spain/Costa de Sol Please identify picture
- 15 London visit
- 16 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 17 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 18 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 19 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 20 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 21 men's shoes spain
- 22 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 23 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 24 Edinburgh GTG, April?
- 25 Driving to Paris... Parking?