My husband and I are going on a Danube river cruise next year in the early part of September. We are spending a few days beforehand in Prague then cruising to the endpoint of Budapest. I would like to extend the vacation for a few days after but am not sure where this should be. I am thinking that we will have had enough of tours, bigger cities and crowds by then. So I would be looking for someplace smaller, even rural to wander streets, countryside, lots of sidewalk cafes serving local wines and beers,someplace to just chill before returning home. I would even consider someplace a short flight or train from Budapest. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Recommendations please, somewhere to relax
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 2 tour guides in rome
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 5 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 6 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 7 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 8 Seaside island village in Greece
- 9 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 10 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 11 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 12 7 days in Greece
- 13 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 14 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 15 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 16 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 17 Spain itineraries
- 18 Itinerary Help!
- 19 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 20 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 21 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 22 Scotland
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 24 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 25 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting