We are traveling to Italy for the first time in April and I need some advice on our itinerary. What are your must see and dos in Italy? Any suggestions is appreciated as all the regions sound amazing to me so I am having a hard time deciding. I am not sure when we will be back to Italy so I want to see as much as I can but also enjoy the visit!
We are arriving on the 19th in Venice and will leave from Rome on the 4th.
This is the itinerary for now but willing to make changes except for start and end location.
19th-21st - Venice
22nd - 23rd - leave Venice in the morning and head to Pisa to see the leaning tower and then to Florence
24th - 26th leave Florence and head to Tuscany (thinking of a town in between Florence and Rome as the hub). We will probably rent a car during this time. Explore towns on the 24th as we leave Florence and reach our destination and then do the same on the 27th when we are heading to Rome.
27th-30th leave Tuscany and head to Rome
1st-2nd - leave Rome in morning and go to Naples
3rd head back to Rome in the morning
4th - home
If Naples can be done in a day trip from Rome we would consider that too so we don't have to change hotels those last couple of days.
What would you change? Recommendations for Tuscany - I want to enjoy the countryside with some relaxing and visiting nearby towns. I also think I want to stay in a farm house close to a town.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 3 No Periods in British Written English!
- 4 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 5 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 6 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 7 What do after Bernia Express?
- 8 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 9 Info request: Road Trip Naples to Bari-Part 2
- 10 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 11 First time in London
- 12 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 13 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 14 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 15 Self drive tour companies
- 16 scotland
- 17 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Ischia
- 20 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 21 Barcelona
- 22 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 25 Italian Honeymoon Advice