We are traveling to Italy for the first time in April and I need some advice on our itinerary. What are your must see and dos in Italy? Any suggestions is appreciated as all the regions sound amazing to me so I am having a hard time deciding. I am not sure when we will be back to Italy so I want to see as much as I can but also enjoy the visit!
We are arriving on the 19th in Venice and will leave from Rome on the 4th.
This is the itinerary for now but willing to make changes except for start and end location.
19th-21st - Venice
22nd - 23rd - leave Venice in the morning and head to Pisa to see the leaning tower and then to Florence
24th - 26th leave Florence and head to Tuscany (thinking of a town in between Florence and Rome as the hub). We will probably rent a car during this time. Explore towns on the 24th as we leave Florence and reach our destination and then do the same on the 27th when we are heading to Rome.
27th-30th leave Tuscany and head to Rome
1st-2nd - leave Rome in morning and go to Naples
3rd head back to Rome in the morning
4th - home
If Naples can be done in a day trip from Rome we would consider that too so we don't have to change hotels those last couple of days.
What would you change? Recommendations for Tuscany - I want to enjoy the countryside with some relaxing and visiting nearby towns. I also think I want to stay in a farm house close to a town.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nature-renew/
- 2 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 3 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 4 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 5 Engadine Valley help
- 6 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 7 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 8 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 9 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 10 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 11 Honeymoon in Greece
- 12 Italy for Christmas Week
- 13 A Month stay in Southern France
- 14 Shoes in Scotland
- 15 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 16 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 17 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 20 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 21 Portugal with large family
- 22 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 23 restaurants in Marais district
- 24 Sicily
- 25 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)