My husband, our (almost) 2 year old, and I are going to the Italian Lake District in early June. We're looking for recommendations on where to stay in the area. We are considering Lake Como, but are also open to other Lakes or splitting our time between 2 lakes (we'll be there for a little over a week). We've previously stayed at agroturismos (small family-run wineries) in Italy/France, and really enjoyed those experiences. Ideally, we'd like to be able to walk to some shops/restaurants/cafes, but we also plan to rent a car. Since our son will be with us -- we'd like to have a bit of a bigger space (e.g. with an actual bedroom) so he can get a good night's sleep (vs. a small hotel room). Any suggestions for places you've enjoyed would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Corfu
- 2 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 6 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 7 LIsbon
- 8 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 11 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 12 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 13 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 14 Trip suggestion
- 15 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 16 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 17 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 18 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 19 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 20 Dijon in December!
- 21 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 22 Summer Travel order
- 23 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 24 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 25 Island Hopping in the Cyclades