My husband, our (almost) 2 year old, and I are going to the Italian Lake District in early June. We're looking for recommendations on where to stay in the area. We are considering Lake Como, but are also open to other Lakes or splitting our time between 2 lakes (we'll be there for a little over a week). We've previously stayed at agroturismos (small family-run wineries) in Italy/France, and really enjoyed those experiences. Ideally, we'd like to be able to walk to some shops/restaurants/cafes, but we also plan to rent a car. Since our son will be with us -- we'd like to have a bit of a bigger space (e.g. with an actual bedroom) so he can get a good night's sleep (vs. a small hotel room). Any suggestions for places you've enjoyed would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 barcelona neighborhood
- 2 Thinking about the Fjords
- 3 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 6 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 7 Shorts in South of France?
- 8 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 9 Budapest language lessons
- 10 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 11 Alsace to Austria?
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 Late fall 2015 visit to Poland, Budapest and Amsterdam
- 14 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 15 Private Guide in Lyon
- 16 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 17 Budapest Card
- 18 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 19 base for Andalucia
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 23 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 24 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 25 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way