My husband, our (almost) 2 year old, and I are going to the Italian Lake District in early June. We're looking for recommendations on where to stay in the area. We are considering Lake Como, but are also open to other Lakes or splitting our time between 2 lakes (we'll be there for a little over a week). We've previously stayed at agroturismos (small family-run wineries) in Italy/France, and really enjoyed those experiences. Ideally, we'd like to be able to walk to some shops/restaurants/cafes, but we also plan to rent a car. Since our son will be with us -- we'd like to have a bit of a bigger space (e.g. with an actual bedroom) so he can get a good night's sleep (vs. a small hotel room). Any suggestions for places you've enjoyed would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report - 19 Days in Portugal
- 2 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 3 Seeking advice on apt rental
- 4 London Restaurants
- 5 Transportation Question Italy
- 6 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 7 Cinqueterre
- 8 Germany deregistration
- 9 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 10 Spain: 2 versions of a new itinerary. Please help me figure this out.
- 11 14 nights france and Italy with kids - Help fine tuning the itinerary
- 12 One day in Lille, France
- 13 Short trip through Andalusia - help w/ 2 itinerary choices
- 14 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 15 Train from Charles de Gaulle
- 16 Corsica
- 17 CDG to Marais transfer
- 18 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 19 London best location
- 20 Getting from Ravello to Venice
- 21 Croatia with trips to Mostar & Bay of Kotar
- 22 Alhambra advance tickets - how far in advance?
- 23 Ger's September 2014 Trip Report to Galicia and Portugal
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 Train tickets in Italy?