My husband, our (almost) 2 year old, and I are going to the Italian Lake District in early June. We're looking for recommendations on where to stay in the area. We are considering Lake Como, but are also open to other Lakes or splitting our time between 2 lakes (we'll be there for a little over a week). We've previously stayed at agroturismos (small family-run wineries) in Italy/France, and really enjoyed those experiences. Ideally, we'd like to be able to walk to some shops/restaurants/cafes, but we also plan to rent a car. Since our son will be with us -- we'd like to have a bit of a bigger space (e.g. with an actual bedroom) so he can get a good night's sleep (vs. a small hotel room). Any suggestions for places you've enjoyed would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 2 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 3 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 4 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 5 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 6 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 7 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 8 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 9 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 10 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 11 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 12 Short Trip in July
- 13 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 14 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 15 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 16 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 17 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 18 Cell Phone Question
- 19 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 20 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 21 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 22 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 23 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 24 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 25 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne