Hello! A friend and I (we are in our early 30s) are visiting Paris for a week, then Provence for a week next May. I am looking for recommendations for towns or villages to stay as a home base in Provence? I'm not sure if we should stay at just one or split the week between two home bases? We would like to hike, do vineyards/wine tastings, eat/drink, and go to the beach. We are not interested in the larger towns/cities, but something that not super touristy, but still busy enough that there are restaurants/cafes within the town that we will not have to drive to. We will have a car, but don't want to have to drive to dinner. We are interested in the Luberon and the Côte d'Azur. Villages that have sparked our interest thus far are Vence, La Garde-Freinet, and Cassis, but we are not sure whether these are good home bases. Thanks so much!!!
Recommendations for Towns/Villages to Home Base in Provence
- 1 A chacun son goût
- 2 Student Traveling 2 weeks in France, Italy etc
- 3 Time from Venice airport to St Marks Square
- 4 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 5 Munich Hotels near train station downtown
- 6 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 7 Extra leg room on British Airways
- 8 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 9 London on a sunny day
- 10 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 11 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 14 London hotels
- 15 What size luggage?
- 16 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 17 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 18 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 19 Nice
- 20 Bernina Express questions
- 21 Carpe Diem Flights Booked! Need help w final itinerary France/Switzerland
- 22 Ireland from Shannon to Cork
- 23 Italy-Locarno or Stresa
- 24 Paris to Basel on EuRail pass
- 25 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy