Hello! A friend and I (we are in our early 30s) are visiting Paris for a week, then Provence for a week next May. I am looking for recommendations for towns or villages to stay as a home base in Provence? I'm not sure if we should stay at just one or split the week between two home bases? We would like to hike, do vineyards/wine tastings, eat/drink, and go to the beach. We are not interested in the larger towns/cities, but something that not super touristy, but still busy enough that there are restaurants/cafes within the town that we will not have to drive to. We will have a car, but don't want to have to drive to dinner. We are interested in the Luberon and the Côte d'Azur. Villages that have sparked our interest thus far are Vence, La Garde-Freinet, and Cassis, but we are not sure whether these are good home bases. Thanks so much!!!
Recommendations for Towns/Villages to Home Base in Provence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 2 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 3 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 4 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 5 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 6 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 7 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 8 American Express
- 9 Airport ATMs
- 10 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 11 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 12 Three ferries to Mull
- 13 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 14 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 15 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 16 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 17 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 18 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 19 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 20 All Set To Go!!
- 21 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 22 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 23 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 24 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 25 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence