Hello! A friend and I (we are in our early 30s) are visiting Paris for a week, then Provence for a week next May. I am looking for recommendations for towns or villages to stay as a home base in Provence? I'm not sure if we should stay at just one or split the week between two home bases? We would like to hike, do vineyards/wine tastings, eat/drink, and go to the beach. We are not interested in the larger towns/cities, but something that not super touristy, but still busy enough that there are restaurants/cafes within the town that we will not have to drive to. We will have a car, but don't want to have to drive to dinner. We are interested in the Luberon and the Côte d'Azur. Villages that have sparked our interest thus far are Vence, La Garde-Freinet, and Cassis, but we are not sure whether these are good home bases. Thanks so much!!!
Recommendations for Towns/Villages to Home Base in Provence
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 2 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 3 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 4 What still confounds you about travel?
- 5 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 6 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 7 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 8 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 9 Santorini
- 10 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 11 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 12 Foie gras, redux
- 13 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 14 Questions for my German friends
- 15 Chip but no PIN
- 16 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 17 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 18 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 19 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 22 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 23 Airport to Piraeus
- 24 Train to Airport in Venice
- 25 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend